Search Companion Solutions

ShortFuse

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004

Most of the solutions I have found require the XP installation disk. I don't
have one because it was on the computer when I bought it.
Some of the solutions call for the SP2 disk which I also don't have. Anyone
have an idea how to fix the search companion without these disks?
Thanks,
Shortfuse

Wow where to begin. First of all you don't state your problem. As I assume
you are having difficulties with Search in some manner or another and there
are dozens of fixes for various issues I'll let you search for one that suits
your needs. Go here:
Now once the page is loaded then click ctrl + f at the same time. You may
need to click in a blank area of the page to set the focus. You may have to
press ctrl + f a few times to get the search window open. Now type in Search
and click "find next". Do this until you find one of the search fixes that
fits your needs.

ShortFuse

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004

The problem I'm having is my search companion gives me a message that a file
is missing and I might need to run set up. Well first I have no idea what set
up it means, and I have no XP CD to run it from anyway. None of the fixes at
Kelly's site did anything to help.
Shortfuse

"The Unknown P" wrote:

> Wow where to begin. First of all you don't state your problem. As I assume
> you are having difficulties with Search in some manner or another and there
> are dozens of fixes for various issues I'll let you search for one that suits
> your needs. Go here:
> Now once the page is loaded then click ctrl + f at the same time. You may
> need to click in a blank area of the page to set the focus. You may have to
> press ctrl + f a few times to get the search window open. Now type in Search
> and click "find next". Do this until you find one of the search fixes that
> fits your needs.

Is that the exact error message?

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"shortfuse" <zman@neo.rr.com> wrote in message
> The problem I'm having is my search companion gives me a message that a
> file
> is missing and I might need to run set up. Well first I have no idea what
> set
> up it means, and I have no XP CD to run it from anyway. None of the fixes
> at
> Kelly's site did anything to help.
> Shortfuse
>
> "The Unknown P" wrote:
>
>> Wow where to begin. First of all you don't state your problem. As I
>> assume
>> you are having difficulties with Search in some manner or another and
>> there
>> are dozens of fixes for various issues I'll let you search for one that
>> suits
>> your needs. Go here:
>> Now once the page is loaded then click ctrl + f at the same time. You may
>> need to click in a blank area of the page to set the focus. You may have
>> press ctrl + f a few times to get the search window open. Now type in
>> and click "find next". Do this until you find one of the search fixes
>> that
>> fits your needs.

TRENDING THREADS