Napster and Windows 98

Hi,

I want to become a member at Napster and download music tracks, but I
don't have Windows XP or 2000. I can't download their software unless I'm
using XP, but I can get a friend of mine to download the software. Tech
support at Napster told me that Media Player V9.x is required and that is the
reason you have to have Win XP/2000.

I don't want to buy a new computer or buy the XP os. Note: Unlike Win 98,
XP is limited to only one PC. You can't install XP on one computer,
"activate" it (embedded digital PID is logged into MS's database), then
install it on a second computer. You will not be able to "activate" it on the
second computer. My fried tried to do that ("Invalid ....." message at MS).

I know a technique to "install" Media Player V9.x on a Win98 machine, and
then install the software from Napster, which my friend will download for me.
Am I wasting my time?

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.
3 answers Last reply
More about napster windows

    "Brad" <bpetria@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Note: Unlike Win 98,
    > XP is limited to only one PC.

    Per the EULA, Win98 can only be installed legally on one machine if the user
    has not purchased a volume license. As well, some computer manufacturers state
    in their EULA that it can only be installed on the machine it was purchased
    with.

    --

    Brian A. Sesko
    { MS MVP_Shell/User }

    Tell you what, you go ahead and install WMP9 on that 98 system, and then
    you go ahead and install the Napster software, and then tell us if it
    worked. That way it can't possibly be a waste of time, since even if the
    scheme doesn't work, you can then tell us all about it and advance our
    knowledge on this issue, <smile>.

    Seriously, I haven't seen this particular issue discussed before in this
    forum.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    Brad wrote:
    > Hi,

    [snip]

    > Am I wasting my time?
    >
    > Thanks in advance, Brad

    Yes, install Linux and enjoy virus-free, napster-musical enviroment.

    HTH

    Stanislaw
    Slack user from Ulladulla

Download Napster Windows XP Windows