Transcout trojan...

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
July 21, 2005 10:27:08 PM

Whe I install my copy of Corel 10, (yeah...yesh...I know it's old but, I
can't afford to keep upgrading every week !!!! )
During installation / Just after I click on "Cancel" on the 'register'
screen - UP POPS a big red Norton anti-virus warning advising me that it
just stopped a "transcout" trojan in it's tracks. Is this a false positive
? If I a/v scan my Corel cd it comes up negative.
(a/v is up to date with latest signatures )

any thought appreciated,

regards, Richard

More about : transcout trojan

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 10:27:09 PM

What info can you get from the NAV quarantine report? If it is quarantined,
click once on it and then click Properties on the toolbar. IIRC it should also
have a clickable link to Symantec's site for further info.

--

Brian A. Sesko
{ MS MVP_Shell/User }

http://basconotw.mvps.org/