Windows update program

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I just installed some windows
security updates, and noticed this. There is a new startup program that
shows up in MS config that's called KB891711. I'm sure it's related to the
update, but I don't see what it does, and it botheres me to have any program
running that's not needed.

Running Win98SE

Thanks for any help/advise, Todd Mcd
1 answer Last reply
More about windows update program

    It's a RunServices item, it *IS* necessary for proper enforcement of a
    critical security patch. Leave it alone.

    The early version of this patch had problems in Win98 that were
    subsequently solved. I've heard of few if any reports of problems since
    that fix was issued. Are you aware of any recent odd behavior of your
    Windows since you installed it?

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    "Mcd" <jmcderm3@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Sorry if this has been covered before, but I just installed some
    > windows
    > security updates, and noticed this. There is a new startup program
    > that
    > shows up in MS config that's called KB891711. I'm sure it's related to
    > the
    > update, but I don't see what it does, and it botheres me to have any
    > program
    > running that's not needed.
    >
    > Running Win98SE
    >
    > Thanks for any help/advise, Todd Mcd