Windows update program

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
July 21, 2005 10:21:53 PM

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I just installed some windows
security updates, and noticed this. There is a new startup program that
shows up in MS config that's called KB891711. I'm sure it's related to the
update, but I don't see what it does, and it botheres me to have any program
running that's not needed.

Running Win98SE

Thanks for any help/advise, Todd Mcd

More about : windows update program

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 10:21:54 PM

It's a RunServices item, it *IS* necessary for proper enforcement of a
critical security patch. Leave it alone.

The early version of this patch had problems in Win98 that were
subsequently solved. I've heard of few if any reports of problems since
that fix was issued. Are you aware of any recent odd behavior of your
Windows since you installed it?

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User