Nvidia Quad SLI Gaming Dissected (toms Article)

-Mithridate-

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
well obviously a bit on the extreme gamer side

http://tomshardware.co.uk/2006/05/02/nvidia_goes_for_four_uk/

any thoughts and opinions ?

aryaba

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
I believe most people won't see the benefit of QUAD SLI. Probably just chalk it up to ego or compensation for some perceived lack of manliness.

However, what I see is a wasted opportunity to test this hardware setup in its most useful configuration: multi-monitor support, or "surround gaming".

I hope, eventually, these review sites see these opportunities to test in slightly different configurations than they may be used to in the past. For surround gaming, this setup is perfect. In fact, you only need three cards and three monitors.

The first site to do this wins extra points for insight into the direction of future gaming. Believe me, in 10 years, multi-monitor gaming will be popular. Just imagine three 24" lcds.

samir_nayanajaad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Its just ri-godd@mn-diculous. two should be plenty to cover any games graphics. Now if they used the other 2 gpus to take some load off of the cpu or used them to run better physics, then it would be of more use I think.

I also think the idea of 2 monitors per card so 4 monitors (or 3 would work better) would be better so you can have "surround gaming" would kick a$$.

of course I would hook up projectors so not to get the breaks in the image, but that would take up quite some room in the house. not to mention what you have to make to project it on to.

cleeve

Illustrious
My thoughts? Hmmm...

FLAGRANT!

IDOLATROUS!

and WRONG!

Wrong...

Seriously though, once again we see minimal gains for maximum $$, just like SLI/Crossfire.

Is there anything wrong with owning a Ferrari? Of course not. If you have the cash, more power to you.

Do I want to spend $300,000 on one? Ahm... no thanks, I'll keep the Mazda...

-Mithridate-

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
I apologise for that one… only looked in the graphics card section to see if anyone else had posted the Quad SLI, as i thought bee graphic related, but what ever.

:twisted: