Temp HTML files

Internet Explorer is continually creating temporary .html files in the Temp
folder but not removing them after download/use is completed. Which means
that the Temp folder can contain numerous files after one browsing session.
The files have names like Script_003caf14.html.

Is anyone else experiencing this and is the only answer to just keep
deleting them? Only occurred since I installed SP2.

Thanks.
Joe Steele
7 answers Last reply
More about temp html files

    Oh they were still being saved before sp2.

    You can reset the space used for the temp files so not as
    much of the drive is taken up with these. In IE Tools -
    Internet Options - Settings (within the Temporary
    Internet files section) and set the space used - I've
    been using about 2mb.

    **************

    Joe,

    I have had that problem since dirt was made. I went to
    the control panel and then to the folder that has to do
    with the internet where you have the option of deleting
    cookies, temporary internet files and wiping out the
    search history. I made an icon for that window and placed
    it on my desktop. I regularly, perhaps three or four
    times a week, bring the window to view and delete all of
    those files. It keeps things working smoothly but you do
    lose the retained contact information when you trash the
    cookies. On the other hand some of the cookies "taste
    bad" so they should be offed anyway. I'll monitor your
    post here for further deveopments and suggestions too.
    Cheers, Jack

    ***************

    IIRC Firefox browser has the option to emtpy these files when you
    exit the program. Any Firefox users out there that can confirm this?
    I removed it from my PC here at work.

    gls858

    gl858

    IE also has the Option to empty TIFs on closure...

    IE\Options - Advanced Tab - Security Section

    Lesley wrote:

    > gl858
    >
    > IE also has the Option to empty TIFs on closure...
    >
    > IE\Options - Advanced Tab - Security Section

    Thanks, I'll remember that.... maybe. Seems to get tougher
    everyday to remember all the options. Damn, it's hell to
    get old :-)

    gls858

    > Oh they were still being saved before sp2.

    Definitely not in my Temp folder. Perhaps, you meant that they were
    previously saved in the Temporary Internet Files folder?

    > You can reset the space used for the temp files so not as
    > much of the drive is taken up with these. In IE Tools -
    > Internet Options - Settings (within the Temporary
    > Internet files section) and set the space used - I've
    > been using about 2mb.

    Are you referring to the Temporary Internet Files folder?

    Regards
    Joe Steele

    Yes, I do similar to you, Jack. I have a shortcut to the Temp folder on the
    desktop and delete the contents regularly, and also run Fred Langa's
    CleanXP.bat regularly. Seems to be the only answer, as yet.

    Regards,
    Joe Steele

    > **************
    >
    > Joe,
    >
    > I have had that problem since dirt was made. I went to
    > the control panel and then to the folder that has to do
    > with the internet where you have the option of deleting
    > cookies, temporary internet files and wiping out the
    > search history. I made an icon for that window and placed
    > it on my desktop. I regularly, perhaps three or four
    > times a week, bring the window to view and delete all of
    > those files. It keeps things working smoothly but you do
    > lose the retained contact information when you trash the
    > cookies. On the other hand some of the cookies "taste
    > bad" so they should be offed anyway. I'll monitor your
    > post here for further deveopments and suggestions too.
    > Cheers, Jack

Internet Explorer HTML Microsoft Windows XP