Screensaver

I like Avast A/V but I believe that during a recent upgrade it deleted my
favorite screensaver, sstars, since there is now an Avast screensaver
(avastss) listed as one of the options, and I didn't put it there.

I have the file sstars.scr on hard drive but when I click it it opens in
Notepad. How can I install this?
1 answer Last reply
More about screensaver

    Roger Fink wrote:
    > I like Avast A/V but I believe that during a recent upgrade it
    > deleted my favorite screensaver, sstars, since there is now an Avast
    > screensaver (avastss) listed as one of the options, and I didn't put
    > it there.
    >
    > I have the file sstars.scr on hard drive but when I click it it opens
    > in Notepad. How can I install this?

    Problem solved. Even though the screensaver file sstars.scr was not listed
    as a choice, it was still in the C:\Windows directory, so I overrode it with
    the same file from where I store it on hard drive. That fixed it.

Screensaver Microsoft Windows