Crossfire beats nvidia Quad sli

cooldude

Distinguished
May 28, 2004
Ya, it did

This is really amazing, so what can quad crossfire do.

Now here, i have to move to a different point.

Now quad crossfire will use two R950 chips on a single board. So if u have two of them, it's equal o 4 gpus.

As he inquirer said, it will be based on the x1600 gemini concept, so mostly it'll consist of 4 X1600s. This gives you the ability to connect 8 monitors, but the performance will be equal to that of an X1900 XTX. ATI cant simply use the 1900 series since one x1900 card alone generates a lot of heat. But they might have quad crossfire with high end chips when they release the R600 chip. This link gives u sime basic informaton about this chip.

http://www.vr-zone.com/index.php?i=3498

this chip would be far more powerful and would generate much less heat, and the same applies for power usage.

So, we won't see quad crossfire with high-end chips until either late 2006 ot early 2007.

Good luck ATI

Human1

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
Crossfire beat quad? When? Where? Do you have a link?
I'm not an Nvidiot or an ATI-junkie but I doubt your claim until you back it up with something. As far as I've seen vanilla SLI spanks Crossfire in nearly everything.

spiritbreaker22

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
I agree. Why do we need that many GPU. Just think of the heat. Even more then that, there aren't too many people that can spend $2000 on 4 GPUs anyway.
ATI and Nvidia are probably going to push quad's then release dual and quad core GPUs that only need one PCI-e slot and use next to no power.
Right now I am happy to wait and see with my X800 GTO.