How does the IP400 Handle 6x4 paper?

Could anyone tell me how the Canon IP4000 handle 6x4 paper?
Is it the same way that the I865 does it, With a cartridge type system, or
does it have it's own slot?

Thanks For Any Help

Mike
2 answers Last reply
More about ip400 handle paper

    Mikey wrote:

    > Could anyone tell me how the Canon IP4000 handle 6x4 paper?
    > Is it the same way that the I865 does it, With a cartridge type system, or
    > does it have it's own slot?
    >
    > Thanks For Any Help

    You mean that rather-cheapy-optional-plastic-attachment-cartridge-device
    that hooks on near the feed in the top back.... My older i860 has it,
    but I rarely used it. It's sitting in the closet. I prefer to feed the
    photos one at a time through the main feeder.

    The new "iP" models don't have this contraption. Canon has resorted to a
    full-size second feeder tray under the printer. This is a removable
    tray with sliding length and width guides (even the tray is adjustable
    to size) so you can stock anything from A4, LTR, 5x7 and 4x6. It works
    great, and I still don't use it for photos, just text paper. My Costco
    paper is quite thick, not too flexible. I think the printer has to
    bend the paper around a roller, so I prefer to feed my photos from the
    top - as usual.

    But I like the second, bottom tray idea. I don't have to remove the gold
    fish bowl from the nice, flat printer top every time I print. But I
    would have liked a slot opening for the paper to exit without having to
    open the bulky damn door in the front. I'm sure they could have designed
    a model with an sliding door exit slot that would activate when the
    printer was turned on. Am I'm getting lazy? . . .

    Relax, I was kidding about the gold fish bowl. In actual fact, on top
    of my iP5000 right now I have a soft cloth cover, a Kleenex box, a
    hefty book I printed, the Cash Box Top 100 Singles book, a photo of my
    niece, and chewing gum (unused). All of these items would have promptly
    rolled right off the older round top, bread box styled i860/i865s...

    -Taliesyn

    Mikey wrote:
    > Could anyone tell me how the Canon IP4000 handle 6x4 paper?
    > Is it the same way that the I865 does it, With a cartridge type
    > system, or does it have it's own slot?
    >
    > Thanks For Any Help
    >
    > Mike

    ip4000 has two feeders: one is cassette in which you can load whichever
    paper you like, second is auto sheet feeder at upper rear - there you can
    also position what you want. So, you can have plain paper in cassette and
    all other stuff you put in auto sheet feeder- or vice versa - you can put
    4x6 photo paper in cassette and feed plain paper in auto sheet feeder.

Printers Canon Peripherals