System Scan doesn't seem to work at Windows Update

I get to the Windows Update page and ask it to scan for updates and it just
seems to get stuck there. Nothing seems to happen no matter how long I
wait. All other browser functions seem to work correctly. Has Win98SE
finally been cut off the update process or is there something wrong with my
browser?

Sorry for bothering you guys, but I started to do a little reading on the
Windows Update Help page and found my symptom " Scan stuck at 0%".
Downloaded and ran the file scr56en.exe and repaired IE6 using the command
line Glee gave me a while back and presto she works like a charm again. Now
my Wndows has the latest security patches.

Didn't think it would be so easy. Also made sure I turned off all my
anti-virus & anti-spyware.

Again sorry for the post for help, but sometimes I need to get desperate
before the wheels start turning.