Folder "Precopy"

Hello,

does somebody know what the folder "Windows\System\Precopy" is good for?
Because its grown quite large and I wanted to free some disk space. OS is 98 SE.

"Zhagrasa" <nothing@nothing.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> does somebody know what the folder "Windows\System\Precopy" is good for?

It is used to store a copy of the Windows CD files.
so that you can install and/or change your configuration
without having to (search for) and mount
the Windows CD in the CD-ROM drive.

The folder is quite often called Windows\Options\Cabs instead.

> Because its grown quite large and I wanted to free some disk space. OS is
98 SE.

If you have the CD, you can delete it.