When sending an

When sending an email but not knowing what word is located before the @
symbol(for example ?@xxx.com), is there a generic symbol that can be used in
place of the word(such as *@xxx.com) so that xxx.com will definitely get the
email?

I don't know if it's universal, or even mostly so, but my web host mail
system has a "catchall" account that receives any email to my domain
where the recipient (the part before the @ sign) does not exist. I
suspect this is so in most cases, though when it comes to large
corporate domains, I have a hard time believing that anyone would
actually read the email and get it to where it needs to go.

As with your previous questions, I'm not clear as to why you're asking
this question. A more specific, detailed example of what you want to do
would help. For instance, why do you want to know if an unaddressed or
mis-addressed email will arrive at xxx.com? What do you expect to happen
to it once it gets there. Someone to read it and figure out who it was
meant to go to, or what?

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

"b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When sending an email but not knowing what word is located before the
> @
> symbol(for example ?@xxx.com), is there a generic symbol that can be
> used in
> place of the word(such as *@xxx.com) so that xxx.com will definitely
> get the
> email?

I think you are going to have to list something valid (you do for my ISP
anyhow) and specific for the particular ISP you are trying to reach. Maybe
something like: support

--
Regards

Ron Badour, MS MVP for W98
Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
Knowledge Base Info:

"b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When sending an email but not knowing what word is located before the @
> symbol(for example ?@xxx.com), is there a generic symbol that can be used
> in
> place of the word(such as *@xxx.com) so that xxx.com will definitely get
> the
> email?

Tryed support but that did not work(got a system administrator message).

"Ron Badour" wrote:

> I think you are going to have to list something valid (you do for my ISP
> anyhow) and specific for the particular ISP you are trying to reach. Maybe
> something like: support
>
> --
> Regards
>

> Ron Badour, MS MVP for W98
> Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
> Knowledge Base Info:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbinfo
>

> "b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When sending an email but not knowing what word is located before the @
> > symbol(for example ?@xxx.com), is there a generic symbol that can be used
> > in
> > place of the word(such as *@xxx.com) so that xxx.com will definitely get
> > the
> > email?

"b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When sending an email but not knowing what word is located before the @
> symbol(for example ?@xxx.com), is there a generic symbol that can be used
in
> place of the word(such as *@xxx.com) so that xxx.com will definitely get
the
> email?

Leaving aside the unusual nature of your request for another thread,
you could try abuse or webmaster.

You should probably also apologize for the misdirected email,
and ask to be referred - or forwarded - to the proper department.

What particular domain are you trying to reach, and for what purpose? We may be
able to locate an address for you if we have that info.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> Tryed support but that did not work(got a system administrator message).
>
> "Ron Badour" wrote:
>
> > I think you are going to have to list something valid (you do for my ISP
> > anyhow) and specific for the particular ISP you are trying to reach. Maybe
> > something like: support
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> >

> > Ron Badour, MS MVP for W98
> > Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
> > Knowledge Base Info:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbinfo
> >

> > "b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When sending an email but not knowing what word is located before the @
> > > symbol(for example ?@xxx.com), is there a generic symbol that can be used
> > > in
> > > place of the word(such as *@xxx.com) so that xxx.com will definitely get
> > > the
> > > email?

I have found 2 Nvidia video card driver bugs but I can not find an Nvidia
email address to send the information to.

> I have found 2 Nvidia video card driver bugs but I can not find an Nvidia
> email address to send the information to.

E-mail info@nvidia.com

Ask them where to send the bug reports to.

I got an email address that is pass-word protected. Any other suggestions?

> I got an email address that is pass-word protected. Any other suggestions?

Write.