windows 98 & medal of honor

misha

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2002

Medal of honor allied assault was install WITH nortons antivirus running.
PC now has error on boot cycle that prevents normal start up of windows.

Can anyone help to recover from this scenario?

"Misha" <Misha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Medal of honor allied assault was install WITH nortons antivirus running.
> PC now has error on boot cycle that prevents normal start up of windows.
> Can anyone help to recover from this scenario?

Uninstal the game
Uninstall NAV
Reinstal the game

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

What's the error? Please furnish as many details as possible. At what
point in startup does the error occur? Can you start in Safe Mode
successfully?

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

"Misha" <Misha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Medal of honor allied assault was install WITH nortons antivirus
> running.
> PC now has error on boot cycle that prevents normal start up of
> windows.
>
> Can anyone help to recover from this scenario?

misha

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2002

Here are the messages:

Normal boot
MS Windows 98 screen
Missing files 'vredir.vxd' dfs.vxd'
blank screen
blue/green screen
"A fatal exception )E has occured at 0028:C188 F048 in VXD cmaudio (05) +
00012018"
"An exception OE has occured at 0028:C16CD498 in VXD cmaudio(01) + 00029250."
"A fatal exception OE has occured at 0028:C188F048 in VXD cmaudio ()5) +
00012018"
"msnp32.dll"

It then comes up with a plain blue/green desktop screen.

I can, however work to a limited extenet in Safe Mode.

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks
Misha

"Gary S. Terhune" wrote:

> What's the error? Please furnish as many details as possible. At what
> point in startup does the error occur? Can you start in Safe Mode
> successfully?
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP Shell/User
>
> "Misha" <Misha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Medal of honor allied assault was install WITH nortons antivirus
> > running.
> > PC now has error on boot cycle that prevents normal start up of
> > windows.
> >
> > Can anyone help to recover from this scenario?

Boot into Safe Mode by holding down the Ctrl key (or F8, and repeated
pressing may be necessary to avoid a "stuck key" error.) At the Startup
menu, choose Safe Mode.)

In Safe Mode, go to Add/Remove Programming and uninstall "Medal of
Honor". Restart into Normal Mode. Did that fix it? If not, go back into
Safe Mode, go to Start>Run box, type in MSCONFIG and press <enter>. In
System Configuration Utility (MSCONFIG), choose "Selective Startup" and
then uncheck everything *except* the System.ini and Win.ini items. Click
OK, but before restarting at the prompt, make sure you are physically
disconnected from the internet--unplug telephone or LAN cable, whatever
it takes. Then restart.

Did that fix it?

--
Gary S. Terhune