windows 98 & medal of honor

Medal of honor allied assault was install WITH nortons antivirus running.
PC now has error on boot cycle that prevents normal start up of windows.

Can anyone help to recover from this scenario?
4 answers Last reply
More about windows medal honor

    "Misha" <Misha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > Medal of honor allied assault was install WITH nortons antivirus running.
    > PC now has error on boot cycle that prevents normal start up of windows.
    > Can anyone help to recover from this scenario?

    Uninstal the game
    Uninstall NAV
    Reinstal the game

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs

    What's the error? Please furnish as many details as possible. At what
    point in startup does the error occur? Can you start in Safe Mode
    successfully?

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    "Misha" <Misha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Medal of honor allied assault was install WITH nortons antivirus
    > running.
    > PC now has error on boot cycle that prevents normal start up of
    > windows.
    >
    > Can anyone help to recover from this scenario?

    Here are the messages:

    Normal boot
    MS Windows 98 screen
    Missing files 'vredir.vxd' dfs.vxd'
    blank screen
    blue/green screen
    "A fatal exception )E has occured at 0028:C188 F048 in VXD cmaudio (05) +
    00012018"
    "An exception OE has occured at 0028:C16CD498 in VXD cmaudio(01) + 00029250."
    "A fatal exception OE has occured at 0028:C188F048 in VXD cmaudio ()5) +
    00012018"
    "msnp32.dll"

    It then comes up with a plain blue/green desktop screen.

    I can, however work to a limited extenet in Safe Mode.

    Any help much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Misha

    "Gary S. Terhune" wrote:

    > What's the error? Please furnish as many details as possible. At what
    > point in startup does the error occur? Can you start in Safe Mode
    > successfully?
    >
    > --
    > Gary S. Terhune
    > MS MVP Shell/User
    >
    > "Misha" <Misha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Medal of honor allied assault was install WITH nortons antivirus
    > > running.
    > > PC now has error on boot cycle that prevents normal start up of
    > > windows.
    > >
    > > Can anyone help to recover from this scenario?

    Boot into Safe Mode by holding down the Ctrl key (or F8, and repeated
    pressing may be necessary to avoid a "stuck key" error.) At the Startup
    menu, choose Safe Mode.)

    In Safe Mode, go to Add/Remove Programming and uninstall "Medal of
    Honor". Restart into Normal Mode. Did that fix it? If not, go back into
    Safe Mode, go to Start>Run box, type in MSCONFIG and press <enter>. In
    System Configuration Utility (MSCONFIG), choose "Selective Startup" and
    then uncheck everything *except* the System.ini and Win.ini items. Click
    OK, but before restarting at the prompt, make sure you are physically
    disconnected from the internet--unplug telephone or LAN cable, whatever
    it takes. Then restart.

    Did that fix it?

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    > Here are the messages:
    >
    > Normal boot
    > MS Windows 98 screen
    > Missing files 'vredir.vxd' dfs.vxd'
    > blank screen
    > blue/green screen
    > "A fatal exception )E has occured at 0028:C188 F048 in VXD cmaudio
    > (05) +
    > 00012018"
    > "An exception OE has occured at 0028:C16CD498 in VXD cmaudio(01) +
    > 00029250."
    > "A fatal exception OE has occured at 0028:C188F048 in VXD cmaudio ()5)
    > +
    > 00012018"
    > "msnp32.dll"
    >
    > It then comes up with a plain blue/green desktop screen.
    >
    > I can, however work to a limited extenet in Safe Mode.
    >
    > Any help much appreciated.
    > Thanks
    > Misha
    >
    > "Gary S. Terhune" wrote:
    >
    >> What's the error? Please furnish as many details as possible. At what
    >> point in startup does the error occur? Can you start in Safe Mode
    >> successfully?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Gary S. Terhune
    >> MS MVP Shell/User
    >> http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
    >> http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
    >>
    >> "Misha" <Misha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Medal of honor allied assault was install WITH nortons antivirus
    >> > running.
    >> > PC now has error on boot cycle that prevents normal start up of
    >> > windows.
    >> >
    >> > Can anyone help to recover from this scenario?

Windows 98 Microsoft Windows