A 737BP flight encounter

Last response: in Video Games
August 2, 2005 3:28:10 PM

Well, I'm flying a 737"BP". That's the "Bush Plane" version. Not as in
George W. but as in Backwoods.

A 737, lightly loaded, makes a darned decent bush plane! Lot of fun too.

Here is a flight description:

http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/737BP/index.htm

Mike

More about : 737bp flight encounter

August 2, 2005 3:28:11 PM

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:28:10 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>Well, I'm flying a 737"BP". That's the "Bush Plane" version. Not as in
>George W. but as in Backwoods.
>
>A 737, lightly loaded, makes a darned decent bush plane! Lot of fun too.
>
>Here is a flight description:
>
>http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/737BP/index.htm
>

>Mike

Now that's quite a picture board there Mike.. it's fun to create a
story of your flight. Some feedback.. glad to see that FS9 has a
Weight and Load menu.. however they really need to include a
type-specific schematic on which to display the CG, etc. Did you
check the restrictions for that takeoff field? such as wingspan?

Only pokin' fun here.. no expert.. never did any flying really.

From your screenshots.. it appears the FDE has high Cdo (drag) and
engine `ram drag' since you're diving towards the landing field. Maybe
due to weight.. but wouldn't it be better and more challenging to
manage the energies of a laden jet? Also.. slow final IAS with the
apparent nose pitch. Typically default aircraft have high drag, high
thrust, high ram drag (cutting the throttles slows you down faster),
and stiff moments / damping coeffs.. so the nubies can have an
easier time of it. :-] (ok don't get offended)

Now you're going to land that Boeing on a grass strip.. lordy.. take
me to the hanger for inspection (and filter change) chuckle!!

-g
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 3:28:11 PM

"mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> Well, I'm flying a 737"BP". That's the "Bush Plane" version. Not as in
> George W. but as in Backwoods.
>
> A 737, lightly loaded, makes a darned decent bush plane! Lot of fun too.
>
> Here is a flight description:
>
> http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/737BP/index.htm
>

> Mike

Mike,

You've just given every BBJ (Boeing Business Jet) owner (what...all 5 of
them?) ideas on how to get their kids to camp this year.

Well done...

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL / Sim Pilot Too
Chandler, AZ
August 2, 2005 3:28:51 PM

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:28:10 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>Well, I'm flying a 737"BP". That's the "Bush Plane" version. Not as in
>George W. but as in Backwoods.
>
>A 737, lightly loaded, makes a darned decent bush plane! Lot of fun too.
>
>Here is a flight description:
>
>http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/737BP/index.htm
>

>Mike

Thinking about it more.. first you'd need to scrape all that turf and
replace with `Pentalawn' before trying it. Otherwise.. don't you be
landing MY Boeing jet on the grass!! (yeah right) LOL

-g
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 7:53:50 PM

>>Well, I'm flying a 737"BP". That's the "Bush Plane" version. Not as in
>>George W. but as in Backwoods.
>>
>>A 737, lightly loaded, makes a darned decent bush plane! Lot of fun too.
>>
>>Here is a flight description:
>>
>>http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/737BP/index.htm
>>

>>Mike
>>

> Now that's quite a picture board there Mike.. it's fun to create a
> story of your flight. Some feedback.. glad to see that FS9 has a
> Weight and Load menu.. however they really need to include a
> type-specific schematic on which to display the CG, etc. Did you
> check the restrictions for that takeoff field? such as wingspan?

Hey Gregory,

The story board is an automated application built into Adobe Photoshop and
will output the pictures to the size you specify along with the thumbnails.
The captions are created in Photoshop and are part of the picture data. It
will create the web photo album in seconds and if you don't like it just
make changes and re-create the whole thing. I'll try to post some screen
shots as to how it works.

The weight and load menu works for me. Anything more technical might get me
in trouble :)

> Only pokin' fun here.. no expert.. never did any flying really.
>
> From your screenshots.. it appears the FDE has high Cdo (drag) and
> engine `ram drag' since you're diving towards the landing field. Maybe
> due to weight.. but wouldn't it be better and more challenging to
> manage the energies of a laden jet? Also.. slow final IAS with the
> apparent nose pitch. Typically default aircraft have high drag, high
> thrust, high ram drag (cutting the throttles slows you down faster),
> and stiff moments / damping coeffs.. so the nubies can have an
> easier time of it. :-] (ok don't get offended)

FTE? That's not "FTD" ...Florist Telegraph Delivery is it Gregory? Help me
on the terms...I'm just a buck toothed bush pilot...HA HA HA!

Oh, a laden jet would be interesting to try but the runway req was someting
like 5600 feet minimum. Besides, I didn't want to take out myself and a
bunch on sim passengers....heh heh heh. I'll give it a try.

> Now you're going to land that Boeing on a grass strip.. lordy.. take
> me to the hanger for inspection (and filter change) chuckle!!

Yeah, I made the setup so that they hadn't had rain there for some time and
the sod was rock hard :)  Of course there is considerable damage to the fan
blades due to all those rocks I picked up during thrus reversal. It's fun
isn't it?

Mike

> -g

August 2, 2005 7:53:51 PM

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 15:53:50 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
brought the following to our attention:

I'm stuck with Paintshop Pro 7 but know almost all the shortcut keys!!

>The weight and load menu works for me. Anything more technical might get
>me in trouble :)

It wouldn't be too difficult to provide for a `developer supplied
outline image' of the planes' fuselage loading region!

>> Only pokin' fun here.. no expert.. never did any flying really.
>>
>> From your screenshots.. it appears the FDE has high Cdo (drag) and
>> engine `ram drag' since you're diving towards the landing field. Maybe
>> due to weight.. but wouldn't it be better and more challenging to
>> manage the energies of a laden jet? Also.. slow final IAS with the
>> apparent nose pitch. Typically default aircraft have high drag, high
>> thrust, high ram drag (cutting the throttles slows you down faster),
>> and stiff moments / damping coeffs.. so the nubies can have an
>> easier time of it. :-] (ok don't get offended)
>>

>FTE? That's not "FTD" ...Florist Telegraph Delivery is it Gregory? Help me
>on the terms...I'm just a buck toothed bush pilot...HA HA HA!

Nope.. not floral.. it's Flight Dynamics (FD).. which is simply the
binary AIR file data and Aircraft.cfg (text file) inputs.

>Oh, a laden jet would be interesting to try but the runway req was someting
>like 5600 feet minimum. Besides, I didn't want to take out myself and a
>bunch on sim passengers....heh heh heh. I'll give it a try.
>
>> Now you're going to land that Boeing on a grass strip.. lordy.. take
>> me to the hanger for inspection (and filter change) chuckle!!
>>

>Yeah, I made the setup so that they hadn't had rain there for some time and
>the sod was rock hard :)  Of course there is considerable damage to the fan
>blades due to all those rocks I picked up during thrus reversal. It's fun
>isn't it?
>
>Mike
>>
>> -g

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 8:00:54 PM

HA HA HA HA! We will still need to get out there and keep the Pentalawn
clean of debris. Hey, maybe we could get the bears and wolves trained at
Crawford Bay :)

I'll leave you Boeing alone... heh heh heh
"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:28:10 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
> brought the following to our attention:
>
>>Well, I'm flying a 737"BP". That's the "Bush Plane" version. Not as in
>>George W. but as in Backwoods.
>>
>>A 737, lightly loaded, makes a darned decent bush plane! Lot of fun too.
>>
>>Here is a flight description:
>>
>>http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/737BP/index.htm
>>

>>Mike
>>

> Thinking about it more.. first you'd need to scrape all that turf and
> replace with `Pentalawn' before trying it. Otherwise.. don't you be
> landing MY Boeing jet on the grass!! (yeah right) LOL
>

> -g

August 2, 2005 8:00:55 PM

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 16:00:54 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>HA HA HA HA! We will still need to get out there and keep the Pentalawn
>clean of debris. Hey, maybe we could get the bears and wolves trained at
>Crawford Bay :)

...and while at it.. place some `Pentasteel' cable spools nearby!! ROF

>I'll leave you Boeing alone... heh heh heh
>"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>> On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:28:10 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
>> brought the following to our attention:
>>
>>>Well, I'm flying a 737"BP". That's the "Bush Plane" version. Not as in
>>>George W. but as in Backwoods.
>>>
>>>A 737, lightly loaded, makes a darned decent bush plane! Lot of fun too.
>>>
>>>Here is a flight description:
>>>
>>>http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/737BP/index.htm
>>>

>>>Mike
>>>

>> Thinking about it more.. first you'd need to scrape all that turf and
>> replace with `Pentalawn' before trying it. Otherwise.. don't you be
>> landing MY Boeing jet on the grass!! (yeah right) LOL
>>

>> -g

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 8:04:29 PM

Heh,heh,heh.

Oh man, I can just see it. "Honey, we could get Johnny to camp on this big
empty jet and maybe, just maybe the pilot will land short".....JUST KIDDING!
Mike
"Jay Beckman" <jnsbeckman@cox.net> wrote in message
> "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>> Well, I'm flying a 737"BP". That's the "Bush Plane" version. Not as in
>> George W. but as in Backwoods.
>>
>> A 737, lightly loaded, makes a darned decent bush plane! Lot of fun too.
>>
>> Here is a flight description:
>>
>> http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/737BP/index.htm
>>

>> Mike
>
> Mike,
>
> You've just given every BBJ (Boeing Business Jet) owner (what...all 5 of
> them?) ideas on how to get their kids to camp this year.
>
> Well done...
>
> Jay Beckman
> PP-ASEL / Sim Pilot Too
> Chandler, AZ

August 2, 2005 8:06:50 PM

> Well, I'm flying a 737"BP". That's the "Bush Plane" version. Not as in
> George W. but as in Backwoods.
>
> A 737, lightly loaded, makes a darned decent bush plane! Lot of fun too.
>
> Here is a flight description:
>
> http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/737BP/index.htm

Very impressive indeed, I'll give it a try but I doubt I will be able to do
the same.
Nice "photo-story".

Simon
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 8:06:51 PM

Give it a try, Simon. The best thing is to take the airplane up and get
some altitude, and manually fly it in various configurations, stalls and so
on. You will get a feel for it and you will be surprised how well you will
do over time.

You will gain a knowledge of the planes capabilities AND your capabilities
with the aircraft. It will all come together. Knowing a plane's slow flight
characteristics can be key to landings on short runways.

Mike
"Simon" <spambucket@example.com> wrote in message

>> Well, I'm flying a 737"BP". That's the "Bush Plane" version. Not as in
>> George W. but as in Backwoods.
>>
>> A 737, lightly loaded, makes a darned decent bush plane! Lot of fun too.
>>
>> Here is a flight description:
>>
>> http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/737BP/index.htm
>>

> Very impressive indeed, I'll give it a try but I doubt I will be able to
> do the same.
> Nice "photo-story".
>
> Simon

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 8:59:11 PM

Here is the picture board overview, Gregory. It will give you an idea how it
works

http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/AboutAdobeWebAlbum/index.htm

Mike
"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
news:p g1ve19t89i8plroddkvtdqma8rd70nj0a@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:28:10 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
> brought the following to our attention:
>
>>Well, I'm flying a 737"BP". That's the "Bush Plane" version. Not as in
>>George W. but as in Backwoods.
>>
>>A 737, lightly loaded, makes a darned decent bush plane! Lot of fun too.
>>
>>Here is a flight description:
>>
>>http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/737BP/index.htm
>>

>>Mike
>>

> Now that's quite a picture board there Mike.. it's fun to create a
> story of your flight. Some feedback.. glad to see that FS9 has a
> Weight and Load menu.. however they really need to include a
> type-specific schematic on which to display the CG, etc. Did you
> check the restrictions for that takeoff field? such as wingspan?
>
> Only pokin' fun here.. no expert.. never did any flying really.
>
> From your screenshots.. it appears the FDE has high Cdo (drag) and
> engine `ram drag' since you're diving towards the landing field. Maybe
> due to weight.. but wouldn't it be better and more challenging to
> manage the energies of a laden jet? Also.. slow final IAS with the
> apparent nose pitch. Typically default aircraft have high drag, high
> thrust, high ram drag (cutting the throttles slows you down faster),
> and stiff moments / damping coeffs.. so the nubies can have an
> easier time of it. :-] (ok don't get offended)
>
> Now you're going to land that Boeing on a grass strip.. lordy.. take
> me to the hanger for inspection (and filter change) chuckle!!
>

> -g

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 8:59:52 PM

Simon, here is an overview of the photo album application.

http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/AboutAdobeWebAlbum/index.htm

Mike
"Simon" <spambucket@example.com> wrote in message

>> Well, I'm flying a 737"BP". That's the "Bush Plane" version. Not as in
>> George W. but as in Backwoods.
>>
>> A 737, lightly loaded, makes a darned decent bush plane! Lot of fun too.
>>
>> Here is a flight description:
>>
>> http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/737BP/index.htm
>>

> Very impressive indeed, I'll give it a try but I doubt I will be able to
> do the same.
> Nice "photo-story".
>
> Simon

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 9:04:08 PM

Oh yeah, Paint Shop Pro is good. I dunno if they have an album app.

Thanks for setting me straight on FDE. Hmmm. sound interesting. You can
actually modify these config files?
Mike
> On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 15:53:50 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
> brought the following to our attention:

Anonymous
August 3, 2005 1:23:25 AM

Heh heh heh. Bob would like that application. part of Adobe photoshop and
easy to create the pic board.
http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/AboutAdobeWebAlbum/index.htm

Oh yeah, been a scope maker for years and we just finished a big guy.. a 30
incher. May take it to Okie-Tex star party.

Oh, hey, I'm gonna try that bear of an airport you mentioned. I'll give a
J-3 a try and maybe recored the crash :)  I'll be honest about it.

It looks like one has to land in a neighborhood on the street! WOW!
Mike

> "mikepic"
>> http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/AboutAdobeWebAlbum/index.htm
>
> That picture board is going to make boB pea green with envy! :-)
>

> Hey Mike, I see you're a stargazer?
>

> Dallas

August 3, 2005 2:57:32 AM

"mikepic"
> Oh yeah, been a scope maker for years and we just finished a big guy.. a
30
> incher. May take it to Okie-Tex star party.

My next door neighbor is one of you... he's on the Board of the Texas
Astronomical Society - Dallas. He doesn't make his own scopes, he gets them
custom made or something like that. I asked him if he knew you, alas... he
didn't. If he goes to the Okie-Tex I'll have him look for you.

Dallas
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 4:36:12 AM

Yeah, we staregazer/scope makers are a bit different but we are a OK group.

I think I like simming more than scope making.

> "mikepic"
>> Oh yeah, been a scope maker for years and we just finished a big guy.. a
> 30
>> incher. May take it to Okie-Tex star party.
>
> My next door neighbor is one of you... he's on the Board of the Texas
> Astronomical Society - Dallas. He doesn't make his own scopes, he gets
> them
> custom made or something like that. I asked him if he knew you, alas...
> he
> didn't. If he goes to the Okie-Tex I'll have him look for you.
>
> Dallas

August 3, 2005 5:03:19 AM

Dallas wrote:
> "mikepic"
>
>>http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/AboutAdobeWebAlbum/index.htm
>

> That picture board is going to make boB pea green with envy! :-)
>

> Dallas

Yep, I'm stuck with my picture strips. :)

Adobe Photo-Deluxe 1 was included in the software when I bought this
computer but I haven't looked at it closely after the first cursory
look. It doesn't look too feature packed.

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
August 3, 2005 5:11:04 AM

boB, let me do some checking
Mike
"boB" <akita_77REMOVECAPS@yahoo.Xcom> wrote in message
> Dallas wrote:
>> "mikepic"
>>
>>>http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/AboutAdobeWebAlbum/index.htm
>>

>> That picture board is going to make boB pea green with envy! :-)
>>

>> Dallas
>>

> Yep, I'm stuck with my picture strips. :)
>
> Adobe Photo-Deluxe 1 was included in the software when I bought this
> computer but I haven't looked at it closely after the first cursory look.
> It doesn't look too feature packed.
>
> --
>
> boB,
> SAG 70
>
> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
August 3, 2005 8:08:13 AM

"boB"
> Adobe Photo-Deluxe 1 was included in the software when I bought this
> computer but I haven't looked at it closely after the first cursory
> look.

I was surprised to find that I actually have that feature in my Photoshop 6.

My problem is entirely different, I've never uploaded a webpage in my life.
I don't even know if I've got a working FTP anywhere on this hard drive.

Dallas
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 4:10:37 PM

Well we are gonna show ya how to do those uploads. It actually isn't bad
and there are some good applications to do that. Most photo album sites
probably have their own FTP applications but the problem I have seen with
those is you have to follow their file structure setup and this blows the
Photoshop album structure.

Basically P.S. creates a stand alone folder by what name you assign it. It
also creates three subfolders: Images, Pages and Thumbnails. Each contains
what there name says. The album is actually a set of generated web pages and
images. You could actually take the one folder put it on a CD and anyone
can run it on their computer.

You probably have (almost certainly have) some allocated web space that
comes with your Internet connection account. That is the space you want to
use. Now you will need to know how to access that. In other works there is
a user id and password needed to get to your space. You could contact you
ISP and get the info. Just let them know you want to access your web space
and will be using an FTP application (like WS FTP Pro ... a good one!) to
upload your stuff. they can furnish the info. Let me know if I can help at
least get you to the right links concerning the questions you need answered.

Now, I use WS FTP Pro. Great application. It is payware... I think 49
bucks but is a solid FTP application.

Here is a screenshot of the application:

http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/ftp.jpg

It is like using "My Computer" in that it shows files on your system.
The left side shows my C drive's folders and files. The right side shows
the folders and files on my web page area on my ISP's computer. In other
words we are looking at your local computer and the remote computer on one
screen. You simply highlight the folders/files on the right that you want
to send and press that big green arrow in the center and off they go to the
remote computer.

The beauty is that immediately after your upload, you fire up your browser
and test to see if it works.

You can download a trial version good for 30 days at:

http://www.download.com/3000-2160-10018456.html

It looks like the cost is $34.95. I am talking about this application
because I am familiar with it. There are others but this one I know works
well.

Here is WS FTP site:
http://www.ipswitch.com/Products/WS_FTP/

> "boB"
>> Adobe Photo-Deluxe 1 was included in the software when I bought this
>> computer but I haven't looked at it closely after the first cursory
>> look.
>
> I was surprised to find that I actually have that feature in my Photoshop
> 6.
>
> My problem is entirely different, I've never uploaded a webpage in my
> life.
> I don't even know if I've got a working FTP anywhere on this hard drive.
>

> Dallas

August 3, 2005 4:10:38 PM

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 12:10:37 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>You probably have (almost certainly have) some allocated web space that
>comes with your Internet connection account. That is the space you want to
>use. Now you will need to know how to access that. In other works there is
>a user id and password needed to get to your space. You could contact you
>ISP and get the info. Just let them know you want to access your web space
>and will be using an FTP application (like WS FTP Pro ... a good one!) to
>upload your stuff. they can furnish the info. Let me know if I can help at
>least get you to the right links concerning the questions you need answered.
>
>Now, I use WS FTP Pro. Great application. It is payware... I think 49
>bucks but is a solid FTP application.
>
>Here is a screenshot of the application:
>
>http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/ftp.jpg
>

>The beauty is that immediately after your upload, you fire up your browser
>and test to see if it works.
>
>You can download a trial version good for 30 days at:
>
>http://www.download.com/3000-2160-10018456.html
>
>It looks like the cost is $34.95. I am talking about this application
>because I am familiar with it. There are others but this one I know works
>well.
>
> Here is WS FTP site:
>http://www.ipswitch.com/Products/WS_FTP/

Would recommend that you immediately download (and install if desired)
WS_FTP LE 5.08 (limited edition) which is freeware.. before it
disappears from the web. It's officially replaced by WS_FTP Home
which is trial / payware. When registering check `home use - non
profit' or something like that and you're good to go. Works fine..
if you like it a lot.. then purchase registered version.

http://www.csra.net/junodj/ws_ftp32.htm

-g
August 3, 2005 4:10:39 PM

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 09:08:24 -0400, Gregory
<flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> brought the following to our
attention:

>On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 12:10:37 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
>brought the following to our attention:
>

>>You probably have (almost certainly have) some allocated web space that
>>comes with your Internet connection account. That is the space you want to
>>use. Now you will need to know how to access that. In other works there is
>>a user id and password needed to get to your space. You could contact you
>>ISP and get the info. Just let them know you want to access your web space
>>and will be using an FTP application (like WS FTP Pro ... a good one!) to
>>upload your stuff. they can furnish the info. Let me know if I can help at
>>least get you to the right links concerning the questions you need answered.
>>
>>Now, I use WS FTP Pro. Great application. It is payware... I think 49
>>bucks but is a solid FTP application.
>>
>>Here is a screenshot of the application:
>>
>>http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/ftp.jpg
>>

>>The beauty is that immediately after your upload, you fire up your browser
>>and test to see if it works.
>>
>>You can download a trial version good for 30 days at:
>>
>>http://www.download.com/3000-2160-10018456.html
>>
>>It looks like the cost is $34.95. I am talking about this application
>>because I am familiar with it. There are others but this one I know works
>>well.
>>
>> Here is WS FTP site:
>>http://www.ipswitch.com/Products/WS_FTP/
>

>Would recommend that you immediately download (and install if desired)
>WS_FTP LE 5.08 (limited edition) which is freeware.. before it
>disappears from the web. It's officially replaced by WS_FTP Home
>which is trial / payware. When registering check `home use - non
>profit' or something like that and you're good to go. Works fine..
>if you like it a lot.. then purchase registered version.
>
> http://www.csra.net/junodj/ws_ftp32.htm
>

> -g

oops.. sorry meant to say "When INSTALLING check `home use -"

-g
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 4:18:51 PM

Oh, one other thing. You will need to get the FTP address from your ISP.
That is the address of the server on which you web space is located.

So you need from your ISP:

1) FTP servr address
2)user id
3)password

Also find out how much space they allocate. The more the better. Of
course, you can pay more for more space :)  It seems that since disk storage
costs have gone down, ISP's are offering more and more space to their users
without additional costs.
Mike

> "boB"
>> Adobe Photo-Deluxe 1 was included in the software when I bought this
>> computer but I haven't looked at it closely after the first cursory
>> look.
>
> I was surprised to find that I actually have that feature in my Photoshop
> 6.
>
> My problem is entirely different, I've never uploaded a webpage in my
> life.
> I don't even know if I've got a working FTP anywhere on this hard drive.
>

> Dallas

Anonymous
August 3, 2005 5:53:30 PM

Hey thanks, I get that one too.
Mike
> On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 12:10:37 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
> brought the following to our attention:
>

>>You probably have (almost certainly have) some allocated web space that
>>comes with your Internet connection account. That is the space you want to
>>use. Now you will need to know how to access that. In other works there
>>is
>>a user id and password needed to get to your space. You could contact you
>>ISP and get the info. Just let them know you want to access your web
>>space
>>and will be using an FTP application (like WS FTP Pro ... a good one!) to
>>upload your stuff. they can furnish the info. Let me know if I can help
>>at
>>least get you to the right links concerning the questions you need
>>answered.
>>
>>Now, I use WS FTP Pro. Great application. It is payware... I think 49
>>bucks but is a solid FTP application.
>>
>>Here is a screenshot of the application:
>>
>>http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/ftp.jpg
>>

>>The beauty is that immediately after your upload, you fire up your browser
>>and test to see if it works.
>>
>>You can download a trial version good for 30 days at:
>>
>>http://www.download.com/3000-2160-10018456.html
>>
>>It looks like the cost is $34.95. I am talking about this application
>>because I am familiar with it. There are others but this one I know works
>>well.
>>
>> Here is WS FTP site:
>>http://www.ipswitch.com/Products/WS_FTP/
>

> Would recommend that you immediately download (and install if desired)
> WS_FTP LE 5.08 (limited edition) which is freeware.. before it
> disappears from the web. It's officially replaced by WS_FTP Home
> which is trial / payware. When registering check `home use - non
> profit' or something like that and you're good to go. Works fine..
> if you like it a lot.. then purchase registered version.
>
> http://www.csra.net/junodj/ws_ftp32.htm
>

> -g

August 3, 2005 10:35:29 PM

"Gregory"
> Would recommend that you immediately download (and install if desired)
> WS_FTP LE 5.08 (limited edition) which is freeware..
> http://www.csra.net/junodj/ws_ftp32.htm

Thanks G Dog,
(aka Spreadsheet Boy)

I can't turn down a freebee.

Dallas
August 3, 2005 10:39:04 PM

"mikepic"
> Well we are gonna show ya how to do those uploads.

Ok... groan... because you went to all that work to type out a tutorial, I
guess I'll have to learn. :-)

As if I didn't have enough to do.

(Thanks)

Dallas
August 3, 2005 10:51:01 PM

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 17:04:08 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>Thanks for setting me straight on FDE. Hmmm. sound interesting.
>

>You can actually modify these config files?

Yes....

>Mike
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 1:20:09 AM

Yup, it is time to learn and you will find it fun. Kinda like a new fangled
aircraft.

> "mikepic"
>> Well we are gonna show ya how to do those uploads.
>
> Ok... groan... because you went to all that work to type out a tutorial,
> guess I'll have to learn. :-)
>
> As if I didn't have enough to do.
>
> (Thanks)
>
> Dallas

Anonymous
August 6, 2005 2:33:16 PM

Hi mikepic,

Did you have to design your own webpage/s, and upload it/them to your
allocated free space on your ISP's server?

Regards,
John Ward
> [...]
>
> http://www.download.com/3000-2160-10018456.html
>
> It looks like the cost is $34.95. I am talking about this application
> because I am familiar with it. There are others but this one I know works
> well.
>
> Here is WS FTP site:
> http://www.ipswitch.com/Products/WS_FTP/
>

> "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
>>
>> "boB"
>>> Adobe Photo-Deluxe 1 was included in the software when I bought this
>>> computer but I haven't looked at it closely after the first cursory
>>> look.
>>
>> I was surprised to find that I actually have that feature in my Photoshop
>> 6.
>>
>> My problem is entirely different, I've never uploaded a webpage in my
>> life.
>> I don't even know if I've got a working FTP anywhere on this hard drive.

Anonymous
August 6, 2005 2:33:17 PM

Hi John,

No designing necessary. You don't have to know any html code to do these
albums. The Photoshop app. takes care of that (that God!) You do have to
upload them yourself to the server.
Mike
"John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> [...]
>> to the remote computer.
>>
>> The beauty is that immediately after your upload, you fire up your
>> browser and test to see if it works.
>>
>> You can download a trial version good for 30 days at:
>>
>> http://www.download.com/3000-2160-10018456.html
>>
>> It looks like the cost is $34.95. I am talking about this application
>> because I am familiar with it. There are others but this one I know
>> works well.
>>
>> Here is WS FTP site:
>> http://www.ipswitch.com/Products/WS_FTP/
>>

>> "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "boB"
>>>
>>> I was surprised to find that I actually have that feature in my
>>> Photoshop 6.
>>>
>>> My problem is entirely different, I've never uploaded a webpage in my
>>> life.
>>> I don't even know if I've got a working FTP anywhere on this hard drive.

August 6, 2005 2:33:18 PM

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 00:43:25 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>Hi John,
>
>No designing necessary. You don't have to know any html code to do these
>albums. The Photoshop app takes care of that.... You do have to upload
>them yourself to the server.
>
>Mike

Have tried a few elaborate html applications including Front Page that
came with Office 2000 premium. It's good that PS outputs the html file
however if you prefer to code-up your own quick web pages, check out:

1) useful for txt and html manipulation.. and also for preparing
tables for burning AIR files.. http://www.notetab.com/

2) this is a little gem that's both a syntax validator and html
editor.. http://www.htmlvalidator.com/ see Lite version

-g
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 2:33:19 PM

Thanks Gregory, I got 'em bookmarked and will check them out.
Mike
> On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 00:43:25 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
> brought the following to our attention:
>
>>Hi John,
>>
>>No designing necessary. You don't have to know any html code to do these
>>albums. The Photoshop app takes care of that.... You do have to upload
>>them yourself to the server.
>>
>>Mike
>
> Have tried a few elaborate html applications including Front Page that
> came with Office 2000 premium. It's good that PS outputs the html file
> however if you prefer to code-up your own quick web pages, check out:
>
> 1) useful for txt and html manipulation.. and also for preparing
> tables for burning AIR files.. http://www.notetab.com/
>
> 2) this is a little gem that's both a syntax validator and html
> editor.. http://www.htmlvalidator.com/ see Lite version
>

> -g

August 6, 2005 2:33:19 PM

"Gregory"
> 1) useful for txt and html manipulation.. and also for preparing
> tables

.... and spreadsheets?
:p

Dallas
August 6, 2005 2:33:20 PM

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 07:35:37 GMT, "Dallas"
<Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> brought the following to our
attention:

>"Gregory"
>> 1) useful for txt and html manipulation.. and also for preparing
>> tables
>
>... and spreadsheets?
>:p
>
>Dallas

Yep.. not dozens.. not scores.. not even hundreds of them.. THOUSANDS!

-g
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 3:33:07 PM

Hi mikepic,

I tried the idea earlier this week.

My ISP, Optusnet, provides 10 MB of space, so I had a crack at doing a
webpage, and used Ws_FTP Pro to upload it to Optusnet.

It worked, but it was going to be a pain in the neck to upload items to
it.

Now that you've pointed out that photoshop creates an HTML document,
I'll have a look at how to use that, instead of re-coding each time.

The feature of being able to add captions is pretty nifty!

Stay tuned, and thanks for the help, mate. :-))

Regards,
John Ward
> [...]
>>>
>>> http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/ftp.jpg
>>>
>>> It is like using "My Computer" in that it shows files on your system.
>>> The left side shows my C drive's folders and files. The right side
>>> shows the folders and files on my web page area on my ISP's computer.
>>> In other words we are looking at your local computer and the remote
>>> computer on one screen. You simply highlight the folders/files on the
>>> right that you want to send and press that big green arrow in the center
>>> and off they go to the remote computer.
>>>
>>> The beauty is that immediately after your upload, you fire up your
>>> browser and test to see if it works.
>>>
>>> You can download a trial version good for 30 days at:
>>>
>>> http://www.download.com/3000-2160-10018456.html
>>>
>>> It looks like the cost is $34.95. I am talking about this application
>>> because I am familiar with it. There are others but this one I know

Anonymous
August 6, 2005 3:33:08 PM

Basicaly with WS FTP you will need only upload one selected folder created
in PS. It will upload all subfolders with in that folder automatically.
> Hi mikepic,
>
> I tried the idea earlier this week.
>
> My ISP, Optusnet, provides 10 MB of space, so I had a crack at doing a
> webpage, and used Ws_FTP Pro to upload it to Optusnet.
>
> It worked, but it was going to be a pain in the neck to upload items to
> it.
>
> Now that you've pointed out that photoshop creates an HTML document,
> I'll have a look at how to use that, instead of re-coding each time.
>
> The feature of being able to add captions is pretty nifty!
>
> Stay tuned, and thanks for the help, mate. :-))
>
> Regards,
> John Ward
> "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>> Hi John,
>>
>> No designing necessary. You don't have to know any html code to do these
>> albums. The Photoshop app. takes care of that (that God!) You do have to
>> upload them yourself to the server.
>> Mike
>> "John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>>> Hi mikepic,
>>>
>>> Did you have to design your own webpage/s, and upload it/them to your
>>> allocated free space on your ISP's server?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> John Ward
>>> "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message

August 6, 2005 3:33:08 PM

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 11:33:07 +1000, "John Ward"
<johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> brought the following to our attention:

>My ISP, Optusnet, provides 10 MB of space, so I had a crack at doing a
>webpage, and used Ws_FTP Pro to upload it to Optusnet.
>
>It worked, but it was going to be a pain in the neck to upload items to it.

why is it a pain to do this (upload files)?

-g
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 3:33:09 PM

It shouldn't be should it....unless you have to upload all the files
individually.

> On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 11:33:07 +1000, "John Ward"
> <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> brought the following to our attention:
>

>>My ISP, Optusnet, provides 10 MB of space, so I had a crack at doing a
>>webpage, and used Ws_FTP Pro to upload it to Optusnet.
>>
>>It worked, but it was going to be a pain in the neck to upload items to
>>it.
>
> why is it a pain to do this (upload files)?
>
> -g

Anonymous
August 6, 2005 3:38:50 PM

Hi Gregory,

What do you actually mean by "burning" .air files?

I've noticed you use the term before, and always meant to ask.....

Don't get too technical on me, mate, or I'll end up with a headache, and
crossed eyes! :-))

Regards,
John Ward
"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 00:43:25 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
> brought the following to our attention:
>
>>Hi John,
>>
>>No designing necessary. You don't have to know any html code to do these
>>albums. The Photoshop app takes care of that.... You do have to upload
>>them yourself to the server.
>>
>>Mike
>
> Have tried a few elaborate html applications including Front Page that
> came with Office 2000 premium. It's good that PS outputs the html file
> however if you prefer to code-up your own quick web pages, check out:
>
> 1) useful for txt and html manipulation.. and also for preparing
> tables for burning AIR files.. http://www.notetab.com/
>
> 2) this is a little gem that's both a syntax validator and html
> editor.. http://www.htmlvalidator.com/ see Lite version
>

> -g

August 6, 2005 3:38:51 PM

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 11:38:50 +1000, "John Ward"
<johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> brought the following to our attention:

>Hi Gregory,
>
> What do you actually mean by "burning" .air files?
>
> I've noticed you use the term before, and always meant to ask.....
>
> Don't get too technical on me, mate, or I'll end up with a headache, and
>crossed eyes! :-))
>
>Regards,
>John Ward

Oh.. well that means once the FD tuner creates a new engine curve,
or a Lift function, or any of the dynamic functions vs Mach (usually
done in Excel Spreadsheet).. the data is then clipped out in a TXT
file (to NoteTab) and formatted. Then the AIR file is modified using
AirDat utility (i.e. burned). Kinda' like burning an eprom chip!! :)

AirDat is a short name for AirUpdate.. used by the serious tech guys!!

So in summary: Burn AIR file => apply new precision, mathematically
generated table to AIR file with AirUpdate utility.

-g

>"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
>.
>> On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 00:43:25 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
>> brought the following to our attention:
>>
>>>Hi John,
>>>
>>>No designing necessary. You don't have to know any html code to do these
>>>albums. The Photoshop app takes care of that.... You do have to upload
>>>them yourself to the server.
>>>
>>>Mike
>>
>> Have tried a few elaborate html applications including Front Page that
>> came with Office 2000 premium. It's good that PS outputs the html file
>> however if you prefer to code-up your own quick web pages, check out:
>>
>> 1) useful for txt and html manipulation.. and also for preparing
>> tables for burning AIR files.. http://www.notetab.com/
>>
>> 2) this is a little gem that's both a syntax validator and html
>> editor.. http://www.htmlvalidator.com/ see Lite version
>>

>> -g

Anonymous
August 6, 2005 4:23:37 PM

HA! Gregory knows his stuff! Thanks for the info!
> Hi Gregory,
>
> What do you actually mean by "burning" .air files?
>
> I've noticed you use the term before, and always meant to ask.....
>
> Don't get too technical on me, mate, or I'll end up with a headache,
> and crossed eyes! :-))
>
> Regards,
> John Ward
> "Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 00:43:25 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
>> brought the following to our attention:
>>
>>>Hi John,
>>>
>>>No designing necessary. You don't have to know any html code to do these
>>>albums. The Photoshop app takes care of that.... You do have to upload
>>>them yourself to the server.
>>>
>>>Mike
>>
>> Have tried a few elaborate html applications including Front Page that
>> came with Office 2000 premium. It's good that PS outputs the html file
>> however if you prefer to code-up your own quick web pages, check out:
>>
>> 1) useful for txt and html manipulation.. and also for preparing
>> tables for burning AIR files.. http://www.notetab.com/
>>
>> 2) this is a little gem that's both a syntax validator and html
>> editor.. http://www.htmlvalidator.com/ see Lite version
>>

>> -g

August 6, 2005 4:23:38 PM

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 12:23:37 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>HA! Thanks for the info!
>Mike

Let's fix a slight mis-statement.. the functions vs MN (Mach) aren't
really math functions but simply columns of integers. Spreadsheets
are still used for conversion ( / 2048) and to evaluate the slopes.

Example:

Record: 0430 *Delta Cdo(M) Mach Drag vs Mach*2048
Points: 17
0
0
0
-1
0
4
7
8
8
7
5
3
1
0
0
0
0

TBL430 is a single column of integers.. but it's necessary to
scrutinize before `burning'.. then on to exciting flight tests. :]

http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/CdoMN.gif

PLuS.. even more fun to clip out the charts (as above) and process
with PSP7.. then type up Sim-related tech-notes!!

-g
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 9:47:15 PM

Hi Gregory,

Because I was going to have to re-code the page every time I wanted to
change it - this was the first time I've tried any coding!!

Obviously, I fly better than I code. :-))

Regards,
John Ward
"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 11:33:07 +1000, "John Ward"
> <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> brought the following to our attention:
>

>>My ISP, Optusnet, provides 10 MB of space, so I had a crack at doing a
>>webpage, and used Ws_FTP Pro to upload it to Optusnet.
>>
>>It worked, but it was going to be a pain in the neck to upload items to
>>it.
>
> why is it a pain to do this (upload files)?
>
> -g

Anonymous
August 6, 2005 9:47:16 PM

Oh yeah, that IS a pain!. Since the PS application puts all the output into
a standalone folder, no re-coding and no re-staing a bunch of links is
necessary. It is totally portable.
> Hi Gregory,
>
> Because I was going to have to re-code the page every time I wanted to
> change it - this was the first time I've tried any coding!!
>
> Obviously, I fly better than I code. :-))
>
> Regards,
> John Ward
> "Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 11:33:07 +1000, "John Ward"
>> <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> brought the following to our attention:
>>

>>>My ISP, Optusnet, provides 10 MB of space, so I had a crack at doing a
>>>webpage, and used Ws_FTP Pro to upload it to Optusnet.
>>>
>>>It worked, but it was going to be a pain in the neck to upload items to
>>>it.
>>
>> why is it a pain to do this (upload files)?
>>
>> -g

August 6, 2005 9:47:16 PM

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 17:47:15 +1000, "John Ward"
<johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> brought the following to our attention:

>Hi Gregory,
>
> Because I was going to have to re-code the page every time I wanted to
>change it - this was the first time I've tried any coding!!
>
> Obviously, I fly better than I code. :-))
>
>Regards,
>John Ward

So you don't simply edit the html file in NoteTab?

Had learned HTML from the books published by Laura Lemay back in the
early days of the web. She had an amazing knowledge of coding.. wrote
tons of books.. and even published a series of narcissistic web-cam
pics of her face and profile Wow.. http://www.cswayne.com/laura.gif

The whole IT, telecomm, Internet thing is just a bad dream now. :-/

Used to run a number of HTML suites such as HotMetal, Homesite
(but not FrontPage) that had built-in FTP capability. Simply do in the
slow, manual way, in txt editor and upload using WS_FTP LE.

-g

!