Windows Update -- Jviewer

I am not able to install the recent Windows Update called JViewer on my Win98
SE?

Any helps would be appreciated. Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about windows update jviewer

    Microsoft Security Bulletin MS05-037: Vulnerability in JView Profiler Could
    Allow Remote Code Execution (903235):
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS05-037.mspx

    What happens when you try to install it? Post any errors or error messages.

    1. See the "Need more help? Tell us what problem you are having" section of
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-us;6527

    2. You cannot install some updates or programs
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822798

    3a. Check Windowsupdate.log (%windir%\Windowsupdate.log) for errors
    associated with the download/install.

    How to read the Windowsupdate.log file:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=902093

    3b. Compare errors to those listed here:
    http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive/windows_update_codes.htm and/or go to
    http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com > click on Help and Support link in left
    pane > Solve problems on your own.

    4. Windows Update Checklist:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/updtcl.htm

    5. Windows Update-specific newsgroup:

    Archive of Windows Update newsgroup:
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    zhj23 wrote:
    > I am not able to install the recent Windows Update called JViewer on my
    > Win98 SE?
    >
    > Any helps would be appreciated. Thanks.

    No particular error message. Just display "No updates were installed" after
    the installation process.

    "PA Bear" wrote:

    > Microsoft Security Bulletin MS05-037: Vulnerability in JView Profiler Could
    > Allow Remote Code Execution (903235):
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS05-037.mspx
    >
    > What happens when you try to install it? Post any errors or error messages.
    >
    > 1. See the "Need more help? Tell us what problem you are having" section of
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-us;6527
    >
    > 2. You cannot install some updates or programs
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822798
    >
    > 3a. Check Windowsupdate.log (%windir%\Windowsupdate.log) for errors
    > associated with the download/install.
    >
    > How to read the Windowsupdate.log file:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=902093
    >
    > 3b. Compare errors to those listed here:
    > http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive/windows_update_codes.htm and/or go to
    > http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com > click on Help and Support link in left
    > pane > Solve problems on your own.
    >
    > 4. Windows Update Checklist:
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/updtcl.htm
    >
    > 5. Windows Update-specific newsgroup:
    >
    > Archive of Windows Update newsgroup:
    > http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate
    > --
    > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
    >

    > zhj23 wrote:
    > > I am not able to install the recent Windows Update called JViewer on my
    > > Win98 SE?
    > >
    > > Any helps would be appreciated. Thanks.

Windows Update Microsoft Windows