error message

I`ve problem with Windows98 SE Slovak version. My error mesage is in address
0028:C025182 in VXD VMM(06)+ 0002182 occured fatal error 0E. Running
application will be finished (Message is written in Slovak language and I
must translate it). Is my registry damaged?
What shall I do? Thanks
Peter
8 answers Last reply
More about error message

    When did this error message start? What changed just before this happened?
    Did you add or remove any hardware or software, move the system, have a
    storm, etc?

    It's possible that the registry is damaged and that you might be able to
    return to an earlier version of the registry by running Scanreg /restore (I
    don't know what this would be in Slovak language). This article gives more
    information on it.

    How to Manually Restore the Windows 98/Me Registry
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=221512

    It's also possible that you are experiencing hardware failure, virus, or
    corrupt files on your system.

    PattyL

    > I`ve problem with Windows98 SE Slovak version. My error mesage is in
    > address
    > 0028:C025182 in VXD VMM(06)+ 0002182 occured fatal error 0E. Running
    > application will be finished (Message is written in Slovak language and I
    > must translate it). Is my registry damaged?
    > What shall I do? Thanks
    > Peter

    It might be worth a try to do as PattyL said, a ScanReg /Restore. Answer
    her questions too. Here is what I have for it...

    http://search.support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1&spid=1139 MSKB
    Search "Fatal exception 0E VXD VMM (06)"; Windows 98; Weighted; Full
    Text; All Words; Anytime; does produce three...

    • Fatal Exception 0E After You Upgrade Toshiba Tecra 8000
    (302959) - After you upgrade your Microsoft Windows 95-based Toshiba
    Tecra 8000 notebook computer to Microsoft Windows 98, you may receive an
    error message similar to the following when you start your computer: A
    fatal exception 0E has occurred at...
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302959

    • "Fatal Exception" Error Suspending and Resuming with MSDLC32
    (171195) - If you are using the Microsoft 32-bit Data Link Control
    protocol (MSDLC32) and you suspend Windows 95 (using power management
    features), you may receive a "Fatal Exception 06" or "Fatal Exception
    0E" error message when you resume Windows 95. The...
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;171195

    http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/ervmm.htm
    Leboeuf has 3 VMM (06) articles. Here's one...

    Fatal Exception in VMM(06) Caused by Damaged Registry
    A [ FE ] 0E has occurred at 0028:xxxxxxxx in VxD VMM(06) + address
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=145836 (W95 5/29/2002)

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Fatal+exception+0E+VXD+VMM+%2806%29&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search
    GG comes up with 468 hits for "Fatal exception 0E VXD VMM (06)". Look
    for something sensible there, & report back with any further question.

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    | I`ve problem with Windows98 SE Slovak version. My error mesage is in
    address
    | 0028:C025182 in VXD VMM(06)+ 0002182 occured fatal error 0E. Running
    | application will be finished (Message is written in Slovak language
    and I
    | must translate it). Is my registry damaged?
    | What shall I do? Thanks
    | Peter

    I find virus Magister, but I don`t know why my AVG didn`t find it (I updatet
    very often). I used Spybot Search and Desstroy and Ad-Aware SE Personal and
    with them I erased it. And I erased sucatref.exe, what started with Windows.
    It was in backup copy my windows. I ereased it from registry too.
    Thanks for your advice
    Peter
    "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> pí¹e v diskusním pøíspìvku
    > It might be worth a try to do as PattyL said, a ScanReg /Restore. Answer
    > her questions too. Here is what I have for it...
    >
    > http://search.support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1&spid=1139 MSKB
    > Search "Fatal exception 0E VXD VMM (06)"; Windows 98; Weighted; Full
    > Text; All Words; Anytime; does produce three...
    >
    > • Fatal Exception 0E After You Upgrade Toshiba Tecra 8000
    > (302959) - After you upgrade your Microsoft Windows 95-based Toshiba
    > Tecra 8000 notebook computer to Microsoft Windows 98, you may receive an
    > error message similar to the following when you start your computer: A
    > fatal exception 0E has occurred at...
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302959
    >
    > • "Fatal Exception" Error Suspending and Resuming with MSDLC32
    > (171195) - If you are using the Microsoft 32-bit Data Link Control
    > protocol (MSDLC32) and you suspend Windows 95 (using power management
    > features), you may receive a "Fatal Exception 06" or "Fatal Exception
    > 0E" error message when you resume Windows 95. The...
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;171195
    >
    > http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/ervmm.htm
    > Leboeuf has 3 VMM (06) articles. Here's one...
    >
    > Fatal Exception in VMM(06) Caused by Damaged Registry
    > A [ FE ] 0E has occurred at 0028:xxxxxxxx in VxD VMM(06) + address
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=145836 (W95 5/29/2002)

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Fatal+exception+0E+VXD+VMM+%2806%29&hl=en&
    btnG=Google+Search
    > GG comes up with 468 hits for "Fatal exception 0E VXD VMM (06)". Look
    > for something sensible there, & report back with any further question.
    >

    > --
    > Thanks or Good Luck,
    > There may be humor in this post, and,
    > Naturally, you will not sue,
    > should things get worse after this,
    > PCR
    > pcrrcp@netzero.net
    > "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > | I`ve problem with Windows98 SE Slovak version. My error mesage is in
    > address
    > | 0028:C025182 in VXD VMM(06)+ 0002182 occured fatal error 0E. Running
    > | application will be finished (Message is written in Slovak language
    > and I
    > | must translate it). Is my registry damaged?
    > | What shall I do? Thanks
    > | Peter

    You are welcome. Glad you got to the bottom of it. Spybot & AdAware are
    spyware detectors. I don't know. Perhaps your strain of Magister was not
    a virus, but just a spy. Perhaps check AVG's settings. Is it set to
    check the .exe file type? All folders & partitions? I do know my McAfee
    has many such settings. Also, I guess...
    http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm
    Go test it there.

    Anyway, glad it's gone.

    --
    "Peter" <admin@zs-lazaretska.sk> wrote in message
> [...]
    Look
    | > for something sensible there, & report back with any further
    question.

    | > --
    | > Thanks or Good Luck,
    | > There may be humor in this post, and,
    | > Naturally, you will not sue,
    | > should things get worse after this,
    | > PCR
    | > pcrrcp@netzero.net
    | > "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | > | I`ve problem with Windows98 SE Slovak version. My error mesage is
    in
    | > address
    | > | 0028:C025182 in VXD VMM(06)+ 0002182 occured fatal error 0E.
    Running
    | > | application will be finished (Message is written in Slovak
    language
    | > and I
    | > | must translate it). Is my registry damaged?

    I had to use only AVG, because our company bought this product and all
    "free" antiviruses are really payed programs. My AVG is setting .exe file
    type too, all folders & partitions. And to make a test for my AVG with
    antivirus test file? Is it secure? Thanks Peter

    http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm
    Yes, no one has complained of that site yet-- not a single MVP except
    maybe Terhune. And he's ornery, just saying something like it wouldn't
    prove much!

    Many here are users of AVG, & I am sure they would be surprised to hear
    Magister got past it, especially Bear. Others have lauded...
    ....and...
    http://cquirke.mvps.org/9x/virtest.htm - formal scanning
    www.f-prot.com - free DOS-based av
    www.nod32.com - free DOS-based av evaluation
    www.sophos.com - free DOS-based av evaluation

    Some day I'll switch, but McAfee mysteriously continues to update for
    free for me, despite a flurry of E-Mails saying it wouldn't awhile back.
    Also, it no longer is a pain to keep it's Auto-System Scan turned on.

    --
    | I had to use only AVG, because our company bought this product and all
    | "free" antiviruses are really payed programs. My AVG is setting .exe
    file
    | type too, all folders & partitions. And to make a test for my AVG
    with
    | antivirus test file? Is it secure? Thanks Peter

    Interesting advices, thank You for all. I will try and I find so good
    solution with correct result
    Peter

    You are welcome. Keep us informed.

    --
    | Interesting advices, thank You for all. I will try and I find so good
    | solution with correct result
    | Peter

Windows 98 Microsoft Error Message Windows