error message

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
July 28, 2005 4:51:02 AM

I`ve problem with Windows98 SE Slovak version. My error mesage is in address
0028:C025182 in VXD VMM(06)+ 0002182 occured fatal error 0E. Running
application will be finished (Message is written in Slovak language and I
must translate it). Is my registry damaged?
What shall I do? Thanks
Peter

More about : error message

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 11:10:52 AM

When did this error message start? What changed just before this happened?
Did you add or remove any hardware or software, move the system, have a
storm, etc?

It's possible that the registry is damaged and that you might be able to
return to an earlier version of the registry by running Scanreg /restore (I
don't know what this would be in Slovak language). This article gives more
information on it.

How to Manually Restore the Windows 98/Me Registry
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=221512

It's also possible that you are experiencing hardware failure, virus, or
corrupt files on your system.

PattyL

> I`ve problem with Windows98 SE Slovak version. My error mesage is in
> address
> 0028:C025182 in VXD VMM(06)+ 0002182 occured fatal error 0E. Running
> application will be finished (Message is written in Slovak language and I
> must translate it). Is my registry damaged?
> What shall I do? Thanks
> Peter
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 7:05:50 PM

It might be worth a try to do as PattyL said, a ScanReg /Restore. Answer
her questions too. Here is what I have for it...

http://search.support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1&spid=... MSKB
Search "Fatal exception 0E VXD VMM (06)"; Windows 98; Weighted; Full
Text; All Words; Anytime; does produce three...

• Fatal Exception 0E After You Upgrade Toshiba Tecra 8000
(302959) - After you upgrade your Microsoft Windows 95-based Toshiba
Tecra 8000 notebook computer to Microsoft Windows 98, you may receive an
error message similar to the following when you start your computer: A
fatal exception 0E has occurred at...
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302959

• "Fatal Exception" Error Suspending and Resuming with MSDLC32
(171195) - If you are using the Microsoft 32-bit Data Link Control
protocol (MSDLC32) and you suspend Windows 95 (using power management
features), you may receive a "Fatal Exception 06" or "Fatal Exception
0E" error message when you resume Windows 95. The...
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;171195

http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/ervmm.htm
Leboeuf has 3 VMM (06) articles. Here's one...

Fatal Exception in VMM(06) Caused by Damaged Registry
A [ FE ] 0E has occurred at 0028:xxxxxxxx in VxD VMM(06) + address
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=145836 (W95 5/29/2002)

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Fatal+exception+0E+VX...
GG comes up with 468 hits for "Fatal exception 0E VXD VMM (06)". Look
for something sensible there, & report back with any further question.

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
| I`ve problem with Windows98 SE Slovak version. My error mesage is in
address
| 0028:C025182 in VXD VMM(06)+ 0002182 occured fatal error 0E. Running
| application will be finished (Message is written in Slovak language
and I
| must translate it). Is my registry damaged?
| What shall I do? Thanks
| Peter
Related resources
July 29, 2005 11:43:20 AM

I find virus Magister, but I don`t know why my AVG didn`t find it (I updatet
very often). I used Spybot Search and Desstroy and Ad-Aware SE Personal and
with them I erased it. And I erased sucatref.exe, what started with Windows.
It was in backup copy my windows. I ereased it from registry too.
Thanks for your advice
Peter
"PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> pí¹e v diskusním pøíspìvku
news:o w0hSd6kFHA.3312@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> It might be worth a try to do as PattyL said, a ScanReg /Restore. Answer
> her questions too. Here is what I have for it...
>
> http://search.support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1&spid=... MSKB
> Search "Fatal exception 0E VXD VMM (06)"; Windows 98; Weighted; Full
> Text; All Words; Anytime; does produce three...
>
> • Fatal Exception 0E After You Upgrade Toshiba Tecra 8000
> (302959) - After you upgrade your Microsoft Windows 95-based Toshiba
> Tecra 8000 notebook computer to Microsoft Windows 98, you may receive an
> error message similar to the following when you start your computer: A
> fatal exception 0E has occurred at...
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302959
>
> • "Fatal Exception" Error Suspending and Resuming with MSDLC32
> (171195) - If you are using the Microsoft 32-bit Data Link Control
> protocol (MSDLC32) and you suspend Windows 95 (using power management
> features), you may receive a "Fatal Exception 06" or "Fatal Exception
> 0E" error message when you resume Windows 95. The...
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;171195
>
> http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/ervmm.htm
> Leboeuf has 3 VMM (06) articles. Here's one...
>
> Fatal Exception in VMM(06) Caused by Damaged Registry
> A [ FE ] 0E has occurred at 0028:xxxxxxxx in VxD VMM(06) + address
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=145836 (W95 5/29/2002)

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Fatal+exception+0E+VX...
btnG=Google+Search
> GG comes up with 468 hits for "Fatal exception 0E VXD VMM (06)". Look
> for something sensible there, & report back with any further question.
>

> --
> Thanks or Good Luck,
> There may be humor in this post, and,
> Naturally, you will not sue,
> should things get worse after this,
> PCR
> pcrrcp@netzero.net
> "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | I`ve problem with Windows98 SE Slovak version. My error mesage is in
> address
> | 0028:C025182 in VXD VMM(06)+ 0002182 occured fatal error 0E. Running
> | application will be finished (Message is written in Slovak language
> and I
> | must translate it). Is my registry damaged?
> | What shall I do? Thanks
> | Peter

Anonymous
July 30, 2005 4:08:46 AM

You are welcome. Glad you got to the bottom of it. Spybot & AdAware are
spyware detectors. I don't know. Perhaps your strain of Magister was not
a virus, but just a spy. Perhaps check AVG's settings. Is it set to
check the .exe file type? All folders & partitions? I do know my McAfee
has many such settings. Also, I guess...
http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm
Go test it there.

Anyway, glad it's gone.

--
"Peter" <admin@zs-lazaretska.sk> wrote in message
> [...]
Look
| > for something sensible there, & report back with any further
question.

| > --
| > Thanks or Good Luck,
| > There may be humor in this post, and,
| > Naturally, you will not sue,
| > should things get worse after this,
| > PCR
| > pcrrcp@netzero.net
| > "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | I`ve problem with Windows98 SE Slovak version. My error mesage is
in
| > address
| > | 0028:C025182 in VXD VMM(06)+ 0002182 occured fatal error 0E.
Running
| > | application will be finished (Message is written in Slovak
language
| > and I
| > | must translate it). Is my registry damaged?

August 1, 2005 4:21:22 PM

I had to use only AVG, because our company bought this product and all
"free" antiviruses are really payed programs. My AVG is setting .exe file
type too, all folders & partitions. And to make a test for my AVG with
antivirus test file? Is it secure? Thanks Peter
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 5:34:12 PM

http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm
Yes, no one has complained of that site yet-- not a single MVP except
maybe Terhune. And he's ornery, just saying something like it wouldn't
prove much!

Many here are users of AVG, & I am sure they would be surprised to hear
Magister got past it, especially Bear. Others have lauded...
....and...
http://cquirke.mvps.org/9x/virtest.htm - formal scanning
www.f-prot.com - free DOS-based av
www.nod32.com - free DOS-based av evaluation
www.sophos.com - free DOS-based av evaluation

Some day I'll switch, but McAfee mysteriously continues to update for
free for me, despite a flurry of E-Mails saying it wouldn't awhile back.
Also, it no longer is a pain to keep it's Auto-System Scan turned on.

--
| I had to use only AVG, because our company bought this product and all
| "free" antiviruses are really payed programs. My AVG is setting .exe
file
| type too, all folders & partitions. And to make a test for my AVG
with
| antivirus test file? Is it secure? Thanks Peter

August 3, 2005 1:57:36 PM

Interesting advices, thank You for all. I will try and I find so good
solution with correct result
Peter
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 6:20:52 PM