Dual boot question.

If I install xp on one drive and 98 on a seperate drive so I can boot to
either system, are the drives invisable to each other? In other words if i'm
in xp, do I have access to the data stored on the 98 drive and vice versa?
Are the drives both "c" drives?
1 answer Last reply
More about dual boot question

    "Richard D." <rdowd@iol.ie> wrote in

    > If I install xp on one drive and 98 on a seperate drive so I can boot
    > to either system, are the drives invisable to each other? In other
    > words if i'm in xp, do I have access to the data stored on the 98
    > drive and vice versa? Are the drives both "c" drives?

    Depends. The W98 partitions are visible for XP. The XP partitions are only
    visible for W98 when they are FAT formatted.
    With a third party tool you can make a NTFS partition visible (for the free
    version readonly) for W98.
    <http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/NtfsWindows98.html>

Dual Boot Windows XP Windows