Epson R200 Color Monitor Problem

No idea if this is common, but I replaced all of my ink cartriges and,
while all the color one are show on the monitor at 100%, the black is
showing as 0%, despite the fact that it is brand new. Could it be a bum
chip on the back? Is this a software thing?

Any help is appreciated.

I've been hearing about similar problems lately, particularly when
replacing more than one cartridge at a time.

I'm not sure if the problem is the cartridge chip (either from an OEM or
compatible, they can be bad) or the firmware within the printer that
gets confused if too many cartridges are replaced together or nearly so.

Art

Michael Moynihan wrote:

> No idea if this is common, but I replaced all of my ink cartriges and,
> while all the color one are show on the monitor at 100%, the black is
> showing as 0%, despite the fact that it is brand new. Could it be a bum
> chip on the back? Is this a software thing?
>
> Any help is appreciated.

Can't seem to find any solution. Still reading the full cartridge as
totally empty. Perhaps I should zap the firmware....

Might be time to get Epson involved. They may know something about this
already.

Art