www.liveatc.com does not seem to work for me. Did you mean www.liveatc.net ?

Beech45Whiskey wrote:

> Tom|420 <tom420@sherbrooke.qc.ca> wrote:
>

>>www.liveatc.com does not seem to work for me. Did you mean www.liveatc.net ?
>

> Damn. I did mean to type www.liveatc.net. Sorry about that.
>
> In addition to having to vector a bunch of aircraft off the approach after
> the crash, ATC then receives a PAN-PAN call from a KLM airliner, who then
> proceeds to declare a low fuel emergency.
>
> This can be heard five minutes into the Toronto 16:00 archive from today.

The low-fuel call is at precisely 5 min from the beginning of the file,
after some silence.

This archive thing is a cool thing, I didn't know of it before.

Unfortunately, the Montreal's stream (where most traffic is sent,
according to tv) is down.

Tom|420 wrote:

> The low-fuel call is at precisely 5 min from the beginning of the file,
> after some silence.

I just listened to the whole thing again (from 26 min into 1530 file,
and continuing with the 1600 file) and I find the low-fuel emergency
case somewhat interesting. From the moment of the call, the pilot and
the tower are heard exchanging information, then negociate an alternate
airport. The theory we know, applied.

Colin

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002

> Air France, 200 or so on board at the time.
> We are having some wicked thunder storms today.
> Still waiting for more details...

From the footage I can see, looks like it skidded off the end of the runway
after landing, just seen a big explosion from the starboard wing.

Just pray most if not all got out.

Colin

Just heard that some passengers have got out.

--

Life is a toilet bowl...
With regular flushing it stays clean....

Colin

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002

> Just heard that some passengers have got out.

And the Pilot and Co-Pilot are safe .... fingers crossed here for them all.

Colin

william

Seems they may have all made it according to CNN 5 minutes ago..

"Colin" <Colin@NONEOFTHATSPAMSTUFFkatana1000.plus.com> wrote in message

>> Just heard that some passengers have got out.
>

> And the Pilot and Co-Pilot are safe .... fingers crossed here for them
> all.
>
> Colin

All got off safely according to the latest news at the airport.
That is just amazing. The plane has suffered extensive fire damage.
It will be interesting to find out exactly what happened.

--

Life is a toilet bowl...
With regular flushing it stays clean....
Linux user #251744...
http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=user/register&r=26885

dallas

"Tom56"
> It will be interesting to find out exactly what happened.

Survivor reports seem to describe the problem as a hard landing.

My money's on weather. Witnesses report very low visibility and that runway
is not Cat. III. Top that off with wind shear from Thunderstorm and splat!

Dallas

297 passengers and 12 crew all safe with 24 minor injuries reported.
Would have been a horrible disaster if it had veered onto Hwy 401 at
rush hour. Weather definitely a factor, we had 3 wicked storm cells
during and just after the crash. The airport was under red alert on and
off since 11:30 this morning. They expect to reopen the airport within
the hour. I'm about 10 minutes south of Pearson and I could see and
smell the smoke an hour ago.
Here's a local link with more details.
http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Story/20050802-013/page.asp

--

Life is a toilet bowl...
With regular flushing it stays clean....
Linux user #251744...
http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=user/register&r=26885

lol 300b/s from there right now.... i guess we all hammering it!

this brings back memories of 1993s internet :-D

--
From Overlag - Adam Webb

"sven buerger" <fridolin@brotbuexe.de> wrote in message
>> www.liveatc.com does not seem to work for me. Did you mean
>> www.liveatc.net ?
>
> http://www.liveatc.net/.archive/cyyz/CYYZ-Toronto-Aug-02-05-1600.mp3

Goran

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

My question...How severe was this storm and the lightning? Should they have
diverted to their alternate? I remember coming back from Vanuatu 2 and a
half years ago, there was a massive storm in January of that year in Sydney
with 60kt winds gusting up to 100kts. I wasn't happy the captain decided to
land considerring most other aircraft were diverted to Brisbane.
We were told the winds were blowing right up the runway and that it was ok
to land.

--
The contents of this email and any attachments are strictly confidential and
intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). If you

Goran wrote:

> My question...How severe was this storm and the lightning? Should they have
> diverted to their alternate? I remember coming back from Vanuatu 2 and a

I'm in Southern Quebec. I chat with people from all around the province
and I can tell the weather here was the same everywhere. Mostly cloudy
day, but sudden, short and heavy storms all over the area. The third one
is coming as I write, according to what I can hear from outside. I would
bet Toronto got one of those at 1600.

We had the first one here in Sherbrooke at about 1200. 20 min before,
the sky was clear. 20 min after, the sky was clear again.

According to weather graphics I could find, at about 1600 a large storm
was coming over Toronto. I would guess they had a clear sky until just
before the A340's time of arrival.

Goran

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

So a case of being in the right place at the wrong time.

--
"Tom|420" <tom420@sherbrooke.qc.ca> wrote in message
> Goran wrote:
>
>> My question...How severe was this storm and the lightning? Should they
>> have diverted to their alternate? I remember coming back from Vanuatu 2
>> and a
>
> I'm in Southern Quebec. I chat with people from all around the province
> and I can tell the weather here was the same everywhere. Mostly cloudy
> day, but sudden, short and heavy storms all over the area. The third one
> is coming as I write, according to what I can hear from outside. I would
> bet Toronto got one of those at 1600.
>
> We had the first one here in Sherbrooke at about 1200. 20 min before, the
> sky was clear. 20 min after, the sky was clear again.
>
> According to weather graphics I could find, at about 1600 a large storm
> was coming over Toronto. I would guess they had a clear sky until just
> before the A340's time of arrival.

Craig

Beech45Whiskey wrote:
> Beech45Whiskey <pjricc@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I am going back a half hour now to see if the archive has the Air France
>>approach.
>

> At about 26 minutes into the 15:30 Toronto archive from today, you can
> listen to the ill-fated Air France aircraft getting vectored to the ILS.

The CYYZ archive from early this morning (EDT) is quite interesting. The
traffic is light and the controller and a few pilots are discussing the
crash, possible causes and bemoaning the typical media reaction. Listen
to the following clip from about 6 minutes in :

http://www.liveatc.net/.archive/cyyz/CYYZ-Toronto-Aug-03-05-0130.mp3

I wouldn't have thought you get this sort of general chit-chat on air
too frequently.

Cheers,

Craig

Craig wrote:
The CYYZ archive from early this morning (EDT) is quite interesting. The
> traffic is light and the controller and a few pilots are discussing the
> crash, possible causes and bemoaning the typical media reaction. Listen
> to the following clip from about 6 minutes in :
>
> http://www.liveatc.net/.archive/cyyz/CYYZ-Toronto-Aug-03-05-0130.mp3
>
> I wouldn't have thought you get this sort of general chit-chat on air
> too frequently.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Craig

Is this a normally slow feed? I'm getting 1.21 kb/sec.

Craig

mike wheelock wrote:

> Is this a normally slow feed? I'm getting 1.21 kb/sec.

No, it was working fine here in the UK this morning but I've just tried
it again and I'm struggling to even connect. Maybe now that the US has
woken up the server is getting hit a lot harder. This particular clip is
mentioned on the liveatc.net forums.

Beech45Whiskey wrote:

> Tom|420 <tom420@sherbrooke.qc.ca> wrote:
>

>>This archive thing is a cool thing, I didn't know of it before.
>

> It is such a great feature, it inspired me to become a LiveATC host for my
> home airport's feed (Syracuse, NY) so that I could evaluate my own ATC
> communications post-flight using the archived files.

That's interesting- the KLM plane diverted to Syracuse, if I understood
correctly.
T.