user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

I have the updating icon (blue sphere with the XP logo)showing up in the
system tray, but it does not download anything (indicates 0%). What's up
with that?

many thanks

SnaKe

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

This happened to me also, since i updated the most recent update this has
been happening to me also. My theory is that its just a temporary bug
they'll fix in the next update, or that its a new system thingy. I think
they're making it so you can always view the percentage of how much you've
downloaded of your current update. Since you're not updating anything it
says 0%, as does mine.

"_" wrote:

> I have the updating icon (blue sphere with the XP logo)showing up in the
> system tray, but it does not download anything (indicates 0%). What's up
> with that?
>
> many thanks

Hi,

Probably means you are beginning to download SP2, as the servers are still
heavily being used, it may take a while.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"_" <himtn@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
>I have the updating icon (blue sphere with the XP logo)showing up in the
> system tray, but it does not download anything (indicates 0%). What's up
> with that?
>
> many thanks

xfile

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2004

Hi:

Alternatively, you can use manual update by running Windows Update and also
to click "more information" link of each update which in most cases would
redirect you to another page which you can download each file.

There are many possible causes that your download may not start or take so
long, such as the site is busy, your connection problem, and so on and so
forth.

For SP2, the file size is large and there are thousands of users are
downloading each time.

So my suggestion is that you may try to download those updates (especially
SP2) to your local drive and perform installation from there.

Hope this will help and good luck.

--
Business executive who believes technology but don't want to be messed
around.

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org>
???????:%23nXv1FrmEHA.3564@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> Probably means you are beginning to download SP2, as the servers are still
> heavily being used, it may take a while.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "_" <himtn@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
>>I have the updating icon (blue sphere with the XP logo)showing up in the
>> system tray, but it does not download anything (indicates 0%). What's up
>> with that?
>>
>> many thanks

I am wondering if there is anything new on this icon since this post in mid
Sep - I have it on the bottom of my screen and is not doing anything - have
just downloaded an update, rebooted and it is still there.

"_" wrote:

> I have the updating icon (blue sphere with the XP logo)showing up in the
> system tray, but it does not download anything (indicates 0%). What's up
> with that?
>
> many thanks

Is there anything new on this icon? It is mid Oct and I still have the icon