Sign in with
Your question

A myriad of problems probably one source

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
April 18, 2011 11:09:01 AM

Hello,

Starting Friday, i have had myriad of problems with windows 7. I get warning the the Catylist control center stopped working. I reinstalled new driver, get the same message after another restart.

Firefox will not work. I removed and reinstalled. No. I went through their solutions, still no.

Windows live mail will not work stating my mailbox data is being used.

When i tired to link to Microsoft support through the windows support icon, it states a security feature is missing and shuts down.

I've run a complete scan with Microsoft essentials and tried to restore to an earlier date. all to no avail.

I'm figuring there's a root cause to all of this, but i have not yet found it.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

George

More about : myriad problems source

April 18, 2011 11:18:07 AM

glaperche said:
Hello,

Starting Friday, i have had myriad of problems with windows 7. I get warning the the Catylist control center stopped working. I reinstalled new driver, get the same message after another restart.

Firefox will not work. I removed and reinstalled. No. I went through their solutions, still no.

Windows live mail will not work stating my mailbox data is being used.

When i tired to link to Microsoft support through the windows support icon, it states a security feature is missing and shuts down.

I've run a complete scan with Microsoft essentials and tried to restore to an earlier date. all to no avail.

I'm figuring there's a root cause to all of this, but i have not yet found it.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

George

AND --now Quicken will not allow me to access. I'm directed to change the security tab to "allow". it IS already allowed.
m
l
a c 365 $ Windows 7
April 18, 2011 5:02:33 PM

Start the system in Safe Mode with Networking, install Malwarebytes, run the Full scan (in Safe Mode still). Install Avira Antivir, run a scan with that. You can unisntall Avira after the scan. Also may want to try a different user account, your account may be corrupt.

If those programs did not find anything, you are probably better off re-installing Windows with all of the issues you are having. If a system restore to before Friday did not fix things, don't think anything will.
m
l
Related resources
April 19, 2011 12:18:37 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Start the system in Safe Mode with Networking, install Malwarebytes, run the Full scan (in Safe Mode still). Install Avira Antivir, run a scan with that. You can unisntall Avira after the scan. Also may want to try a different user account, your account may be corrupt.

If those programs did not find anything, you are probably better off re-installing Windows with all of the issues you are having. If a system restore to before Friday did not fix things, don't think anything will.

thank you, i found if i right click the programs and let windows fix compatibility or run as administrator, they work. don't know why this is happening.
m
l
a c 365 $ Windows 7
April 19, 2011 1:44:04 PM

Did your account rights get changed? Check what groups your account is part of, sounds like it used to be part of the administrators group but is not anymore. Or something changed the file system rights on the folders. You should run a virus scan anyway to check things.
m
l
!