x1900 AIW, $149

RichPLS

Champion
PCIe X1900GTO 256MB GDDR3 500/1000 for $149!!!
Sweet low end cards coming!!!
I doubt they will overclock great with stock cooling, unless you blow a 120mm fan directly on it...

pauldh

Illustrious
I could be wrong, but thought I remember back when the AIWX1900 was released, Crashman said this thing is an OC beast. For the price, I don't care if it has no OC potential.

WhyFi

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
I tried to purchase a little earlier, and they gave me an error with my billing address... I tried again just now, and I got a "Item no longer available" notice! :evil: Well, I hope that they honor the orders that did get through!

dhlucke

Polypheme
Here's the scoop. I ordered one and got a backorder email this morning. Odds are it'll be cancelled. They've stopped people from picking them up in stores. Some reported getting a ship notice but I think most of us aren't getting it.

I would have replaced my x800xl in a heartbeat for this one.

Dekkard

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
Damn, missed the window.
I hope the ppl at Microcenter don't pull out on it - I would recommend threatening with BBB action if they do!
Great deal spot.
I'd have sold my other kidney for that deal!
I guess I have to be happy with the 7600GT on its way to me! Kinda takes the sheen off that though :d

pauldh

Illustrious
I got the same backorder email. This happened to me with AGP X850XT at Microcenter. I totally don't expect it to come back in stock until our 30 days are over. :x

Worth a shot anyway, thanks again for the link. Would have been nice to be able to select in store pickup and head right there. If it was circuit city that's exactly what I would have done. Too bad nearest Microcenter for me is 3 states away. :roll:

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
Wow, my heart had stopped beating for a moment there. That's quite a pricing error, I'll say. They'll certainly be catching a lot of hell if they don't honor the orders that went through. They're catch even more if they try to push them off onto those same people at $449US; store monkeys seem to not be able to get it into their thick heads that people go after the PRICE, and there really is little such thing as "store loyalty," particularly online. (there's "Newegg loyalty," but that's a whole different basket)

The real shame for me, of course, is that I built my PC just before PCI-express became availible for Athlon64s. Oh well. I guess my X800XT will still do fine until I replace my machine.

dhlucke

Polypheme
I'm not holding my breath. I do have one close by but with work I couldn't get down there. It's still an hour and a half round trip drive with traffic.

I like to spot these though. One of these days I'll catch one.

TRENDING THREADS