choosing nforce6150 mobo

dix

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2005
i'm interested with the nforce6150 mobo. can anybody suggest me with a qualified product (the best to date...)

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
Just curious... why that type of board? The onboard video will make virtually every semi-modern game unplayable... if you just wanted a cheap board with that chipset, I'd sugguest New Egg... I believe they'll let you search motherboards by specific chipset.

dix

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2005
i'm planning to build a multifunction rig, part gaming, part entertainment server. i considered using 6150 coz the microATX? config. doesn't 6150 support PCIx too? that concludes my choice...
that's why i'm trying to search for any user reviews available, for consideration.
do you use 6150?or know bout it in personal?

fuzzZnutz

Distinguished
May 5, 2006
i just bought this ASUS A8N-VM CSM Socket 939 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard w/ AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice 2000MHz HT 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor and gig stick of corsair value select memory. So far i've put Battlefield 2, bf1942, quake 3 half-life(everything), Warcraft 3 and haven't really had any problems with settings at mid to low on the graphics. Gameplay is still nice and if it ever became too big an issue i can always disable my onboard video and get a expensive pci-e video card. I was shocked how well it plays most of the games i have on and only newer or future games are really taxing on video cards. Besides, most of the guys i know that are really competive in gaming turn down the graphics to up their gameplay. Hope this is helpful. I've had the pc for a couple weeks now and i'm impressed with it so far.

dix

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2005
I just don't know of any reason to focus on that particular chipset over any other one offered on a micro-ATX board. *shrug*

do you have any suggestion on a certain type of microATX mobo?PCIx support is a must... and maybe an OC possibility??? *hopeful*