Open/Save Dialog Box Sort Order

I'm encountering an annoying problem regarding the standard "Open" and
"Save" dialog boxes. The file sort order always comes up in "By Date". I
would like to display the files "By Name".

Within the dialog box, I perform "Arrange icons", "By Name" but the next
time a perform a "Open" or "Save" it comes up in a sort order "By Date".

Is there a registry setting that I can set so that the order always comes
up "By Name".

Thanks in advance...
Paul
2 answers Last reply
More about open save dialog sort order

    One of these articles should help:

    Contents of the Open and Save As Dialog Boxes Sorted Incorrectly [Q233526]
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q233/5/26.asp

    Items in "Open" and "Save As" Dialog Boxes Sorted Incorrectly [Q229070]
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q229/0/70.asp

    --
    Regards

    Ron Badour, MS MVP for W98
    Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
    Knowledge Base Info:

    "Paul B." <paulb@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > I'm encountering an annoying problem regarding the standard "Open" and
    > "Save" dialog boxes. The file sort order always comes up in "By Date". I
    > would like to display the files "By Name".
    >
    > Within the dialog box, I perform "Arrange icons", "By Name" but the next
    > time a perform a "Open" or "Save" it comes up in a sort order "By Date".
    >
    > Is there a registry setting that I can set so that the order always comes
    > up "By Name".
    >
    > Thanks in advance...
    > Paul

    Thanks Ron. I used the method described under 26.asp (manual edit of
    registry) and it worked like a champ.

    Paul

    "Ron Badour" <Sorry@NoAddress.com> wrote in

    > One of these articles should help:
    >
    > Contents of the Open and Save As Dialog Boxes Sorted Incorrectly
    > [Q233526]
    > http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q233/5/26.asp
    >
    > Items in "Open" and "Save As" Dialog Boxes Sorted Incorrectly
    > [Q229070]
    > http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q229/0/70.asp

Microsoft Dialog Windows