Open/Save Dialog Box Sort Order

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
August 1, 2005 12:25:12 PM

I'm encountering an annoying problem regarding the standard "Open" and
"Save" dialog boxes. The file sort order always comes up in "By Date". I
would like to display the files "By Name".

Within the dialog box, I perform "Arrange icons", "By Name" but the next
time a perform a "Open" or "Save" it comes up in a sort order "By Date".

Is there a registry setting that I can set so that the order always comes
up "By Name".

Thanks in advance...
Paul
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 2:21:31 PM

One of these articles should help:

Contents of the Open and Save As Dialog Boxes Sorted Incorrectly [Q233526]
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q233/5...

Items in "Open" and "Save As" Dialog Boxes Sorted Incorrectly [Q229070]
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q229/0...

--
Regards

Ron Badour, MS MVP for W98
Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
Knowledge Base Info:

"Paul B." <paulb@nospam.net> wrote in message
> I'm encountering an annoying problem regarding the standard "Open" and
> "Save" dialog boxes. The file sort order always comes up in "By Date". I
> would like to display the files "By Name".
>
> Within the dialog box, I perform "Arrange icons", "By Name" but the next
> time a perform a "Open" or "Save" it comes up in a sort order "By Date".
>
> Is there a registry setting that I can set so that the order always comes
> up "By Name".
>
> Thanks in advance...
> Paul
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 9:43:12 AM

Thanks Ron. I used the method described under 26.asp (manual edit of
registry) and it worked like a champ.

Paul

!