Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Hi,
I have a vaio z 590n with following sepc:
2.53 core 2 duo
4gig Elipida RAM
230gig HD
Matshita blu ray drive

I am trying to clean install win 7 prof 64 bit without success. According to windows advisor, i had no hardware issues. I can't even install it. Everytime it advances to completing installation and then BSOD.
Every error codes: Ox0000001e, 000000c5, irql less nor equal, bad pool header etc. I don't remember all of them as I can't debug as the OS nnever installed. I checked the HD for bad sectors. I checked memory for faults (with windows memory diagnostic tool). Then I reinstalled vista business 32 bit and no problems. Any idea? Thanks in advance.

shoss64

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009

The Bios (insyde H20) doesn't let you disable network or sound!

G

Sorry I didn't see you ran a memory test. This could be a driver that isn't compatible but windows 7 is trying to load it anyway. Try the 32bit version if you can, other than that I'm out :D

This fault is either a driver problem or a memory problem. Check with your motherboard maker for BIOS updates; try different ram or only one stick even though your memory passes the memory tests.
By the way what a rubbish motherboard if it doesn’t let you disable the onboard sound and network adapters get another one if you can’t resolve this problem.

shoss64

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009

It probably is but the problem is it is a fairly new laptop and i can't open the memory bank as it will void the warranty. The BIOS is Insyde H20, no way of modifying anything, likely per Sony''s demand. Anyway, I will wait to see if other people with Vaio z590n laptop have similar problems. Thanks.