asus a8n32 sli deluxe with creative xfi

ashiplikethat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
i hear a lot of people are having problems with the a8n32sli deluxe and xfi sound card combo, me included
i was just wondering if anyone has had the problem solve buy updating the mb bois.
reason i ask is because i have never updated a bios before and it says on the asus web site that if updated carlessly it could result in more problem so i would just like to know wether or not its worth doing.

What problem are you having?

I've only run into a problem with one game I play F.E.A.R.

For some reason the X-FI will distort with SLI enabled, disable SLI and the distortion goes away, all my other games do not have a problem, so I'm wondering is it an A8N32-SLI / X-FI problem, or the game software.

And my M/B is flashed to the latest BIOS.

Anyhow thats my problem, and yes flashing your BIOS is serious business a failed flash and your M/B is toast, make sure you've read all flashing instructions thoroughly before even attempting to flash your BIOS.

Important Note: Once a BIOS flash is actually started, never turn off your computer until you receive the BIOS flash successful notification.

ashiplikethat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
i get a crackling sound then my pc will restart which is so annoying when playing online games.

the guys at creative have suggested updating my mobo bois so i got on to asus and they said i must use there asus update tool as i have no floppy drive. I have tryed every single version of asus update for my mobo and none of them work.

my m8 has an external usb floppy drive i could borrow. do you rekon i could use that to flash my bios or is that a bit risky?