opening email attachements

getting error messages when trying to open attachement in either Word or
Adobe formats.

We need the error messages listed verbatim. If there is a details button,
click it and post that message verbatim--the registers are not required.

--
Regards

Ron Badour, MS MVP for W98
Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
Knowledge Base Info:

"robert h" <robert h@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> getting error messages when trying to open attachement in either Word or
> Adobe formats.

What kind of attachment? Is it just this one attachment or are all of
them failing? What extension does it have and/or what does the
correspondent say it is? You say Word or Adobe, which are entirely
different programs, so I'm wondering just what you have.

Did you save the file do disk first, or are you launching it directly
from within your email program? Have you scanned it for virus?

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User