Winzip log

how do i tell winzip to stop keeping a log?
i cant find that option thanks

I am not sure what you mean by keeping a log. If the following doesn't
help, could you please explain the log? I use an older version of WinZip
and when double clicking on a .zip file, the screen that appears has an
options button when you are in Wizard mode. If you change to Classic mode,
look on the toolbar for options--there are a lot more choices then there are
in Wizard mode.
--
Regards

Ron Badour, MS MVP for W98
Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
Knowledge Base Info:

"v4t9hy3d8" <h23@nowhere.org> wrote in message
> how do i tell winzip to stop keeping a log?
> i cant find that option thanks

winzip puts a text document in my Local Disk (C) folder

it gets updated with all the actions winzip took every time I access
winzip

heres a sample of the log

Action: Add (and replace) files Include subfolders: yes Save full
path: no
Searching ...
Adding zz018.jpg
Adding zz018.jpg
Adding zz020.jpg
Adding zz020.jpg
Adding zz007.jpg
Adding zz007.jpg
Adding zz009.jpg
Adding zz009.jpg
copying Zip file

i cant find any such button anywhere to control this

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 06:39:14 -0500, "Ron Badour" <Sorry@NoAddress.com>
wrote:

>I am not sure what you mean by keeping a log. If the following doesn't
>help, could you please explain the log? I use an older version of WinZip
>and when double clicking on a .zip file, the screen that appears has an
>options button when you are in Wizard mode. If you change to Classic mode,
>look on the toolbar for options--there are a lot more choices then there are
>in Wizard mode.

That must be a feature on a newer version than I am using. Why not ask
WinZip: http://www.winzip.com/xtech.htm

--

> winzip puts a text document in my Local Disk (C) folder
>
> it gets updated with all the actions winzip took every time I access
> winzip
>
> heres a sample of the log
>

> Action: Add (and replace) files Include subfolders: yes Save full
> path: no
> Searching ...
> Adding zz018.jpg
> Adding zz018.jpg
> Adding zz020.jpg
> Adding zz020.jpg
> Adding zz007.jpg
> Adding zz007.jpg
> Adding zz009.jpg
> Adding zz009.jpg
> copying Zip file
>

> i cant find any such button anywhere to control this
>

> On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 06:39:14 -0500, "Ron Badour" <Sorry@NoAddress.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I am not sure what you mean by keeping a log. If the following doesn't
>>help, could you please explain the log? I use an older version of WinZip
>>and when double clicking on a .zip file, the screen that appears has an
>>options button when you are in Wizard mode. If you change to Classic
>>mode,
>>look on the toolbar for options--there are a lot more choices then there
>>are
>>in Wizard mode.

I have used Winzip for many years (using Winzip 9.0 at the moment and
no log file) and don't recall a log file being kept, unless you are
using an unregistered version.

What version of Winzip do you have?
Is it an evaluation or registered version?

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 22:29:26 -0500, v4t9hy3d8 <h23@nowhere.org> wrote:

>winzip puts a text document in my Local Disk (C) folder
>
>it gets updated with all the actions winzip took every time I access
>winzip
>
>heres a sample of the log
>

>Action: Add (and replace) files Include subfolders: yes Save full
>path: no
>Searching ...
>Adding zz018.jpg
>Adding zz018.jpg
>Adding zz020.jpg
>Adding zz020.jpg
>Adding zz007.jpg
>Adding zz007.jpg
>Adding zz009.jpg
>Adding zz009.jpg
>copying Zip file
>

>i cant find any such button anywhere to control this
>

>On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 06:39:14 -0500, "Ron Badour" <Sorry@NoAddress.com>
>wrote:
>
>>I am not sure what you mean by keeping a log. If the following doesn't
>>help, could you please explain the log? I use an older version of WinZip
>>and when double clicking on a .zip file, the screen that appears has an
>>options button when you are in Wizard mode. If you change to Classic mode,
>>look on the toolbar for options--there are a lot more choices then there are
>>in Wizard mode.

I have no "Winzip.log" in v.9, nor does it appear to be mentioned in
it's extensive docs. And I don't see it as a configuration setting.

I don't know. Can it be it will produce that .log when you run it that
way, creating your own .zip? Or what did you do to get the .log? Does it
always go to the same "Winzip.log"? To the bottom, or does it wipe the
slate for any new .zip you create?

FINE! Let me create a .zip & see... no! Creating a .zip archive created
no .log at all, not in WinZip v.9 SR-1.

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,