Sent Items.DBX

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
August 4, 2005 12:40:44 AM

Why do I three Sent Items.DBX files?
Sol

More about : items dbx

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 1:34:20 AM

"Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:upYRu0ImFHA.2916@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

> Why do I three Sent Items.DBX files?

1. What is your / Tools / Options / Maintenance setting
for Store Folder ?
2. Compare dates of your three DBX files. If you find
they have different dates you can probably delete the
two older ones.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

No in three folders.
Sol
> In the same folder?
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP Shell/User
>
> "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Why do I three Sent Items.DBX files?
> > Sol

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 4:55:12 PM

That would indicate that you have three different Identities, unless one
or more of the folders are relics from past installations, backups, or
whatever. Each Identity folder has an "Outlook Express" sub-folder
containing the DBX files that pertain to that Identity. (This assumes
you haven't moved the storage folder.)

Personally, I'd leave them alone, unless you are concerned about
privacy. They aren't hurting anything. In Outlook Express>File
menu>Identities>Manage Identities, how many do you show?

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

> No in three folders.
> Sol
>> In the same folder?
>>
>> --
>> Gary S. Terhune
>> MS MVP Shell/User
>> http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
>> http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
>>
>> "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > Why do I three Sent Items.DBX files?
>> > Sol

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 7:19:24 PM

Just one. shows in Manage Identities. I have problems sending mail I get an
error message many times, and have to go to outbox and click send now. I get
the following message "An unknown error has occurred. Protocol: SMTP, Port:
0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C0131"
Sol
> That would indicate that you have three different Identities, unless one
> or more of the folders are relics from past installations, backups, or
> whatever. Each Identity folder has an "Outlook Express" sub-folder
> containing the DBX files that pertain to that Identity. (This assumes
> you haven't moved the storage folder.)
>
> Personally, I'd leave them alone, unless you are concerned about
> privacy. They aren't hurting anything. In Outlook Express>File
> menu>Identities>Manage Identities, how many do you show?
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP Shell/User
>
> "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > No in three folders.
> > Sol
> > "Gary S. Terhune" <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote in message
> >> In the same folder?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gary S. Terhune
> >> MS MVP Shell/User
> >> http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
> >> http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
> >>
> >> "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 7:19:25 PM

"Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:o dPZ1lSmFHA.3816@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Just one. shows in Manage Identities. I have problems sending mail I get
an
> error message many times, and have to go to outbox and click send now. I
get
> the following message "An unknown error has occurred. Protocol: SMTP,
Port:
> 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C0131"

You appear to have a damaged FOLDERS.DBX file.

Close Outlook Express

Click Start, highlight the Find option,
then select Files or Folders.
Or hold down a Windows key and press the F key

In the Named box, type FOLDERS.DBX

In the Look In box, choose the hard disk
on which FOLDERS.DBX resides
[this is usually drive C]
and then click Find Now.

Right-click the FOLDERS.DBX file and choose RENAME.

Type FOLDERS.OLD , and click OK.

Start Outlook Express again.

A new FOLDERS.DBX file will be generated.
Probably a MUCH smaller one, which is good.

When you are satisfied, you can delete FOLDERS.OLD
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 10:33:49 PM

Thank you very much. Now after I do it how can I get back all the messages
from the .old files?
Sol
"Hugh Candlin" <No@MeansNo.Com> wrote in message

> "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:o dPZ1lSmFHA.3816@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > Just one. shows in Manage Identities. I have problems sending mail I get
> an
> > error message many times, and have to go to outbox and click send now. I
> get
> > the following message "An unknown error has occurred. Protocol: SMTP,
> Port:
> > 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C0131"
>
> You appear to have a damaged FOLDERS.DBX file.
>
> Close Outlook Express
>
> Click Start, highlight the Find option,
> then select Files or Folders.
> Or hold down a Windows key and press the F key
>
> In the Named box, type FOLDERS.DBX
>
> In the Look In box, choose the hard disk
> on which FOLDERS.DBX resides
> [this is usually drive C]
> and then click Find Now.
>
> Right-click the FOLDERS.DBX file and choose RENAME.
>
> Type FOLDERS.OLD , and click OK.
>
> Start Outlook Express again.
>
> A new FOLDERS.DBX file will be generated.
> Probably a MUCH smaller one, which is good.
>
> When you are satisfied, you can delete FOLDERS.OLD

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 10:58:17 PM

> Thank you very much. Now after I do it how can I get back all the messages
> from the .old files?

What old files?

Explain in detail exactly what you want to do.
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 2:30:00 AM

cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win98.g...

Folders.old doesn't contain any messages.
--
OE6-specific newsgroup:
OE General newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP

Inside Outlook Express
http://www.insideoe.com

Hugh Candlin wrote:
> "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Thank you very much. Now after I do it how can I get back all the
>> messages
>> from the .old files?
>
> What old files?
>
> Explain in detail exactly what you want to do.
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 5:04:26 PM

I renamed the three Sent Items.dbx files to Sent Items.old and it solved the
error problem but my question is if I want to retrieve some of the messages
in the renamed files how do I do it?

> "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you very much. Now after I do it how can I get back all the
messages
> > from the .old files?
>
> What old files?
>
> Explain in detail exactly what you want to do.

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 6:01:57 PM

Solkeys wrote:
> I renamed the three Sent Items.dbx files to Sent Items.old and it solved
> the error problem but my question is if I want to retrieve some of the
> messages in the renamed files how do I do it?

...by similarly swapping that Sent Items.dbx file with the main one in your
current folder, then right-click choose to move the that message to your
Drafts folder, and after you put the wanted Sent Items.dbx file back just
move those messages from Draft back to Sent.. just be sure to keep your
original Sent Items.dbx file backup'd safely!

> Sol
> "Hugh Candlin" <No@MeansNo.Com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > Thank you very much. Now after I do it how can I get back all the
>> > messages from the .old files?
>>
>> What old files?
>>
>> Explain in detail exactly what you want to do.
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 2:49:17 PM

Here's one thing to try:

Move the SENT.OLD file to a different folder (Desktop, whatever,
anywhere will do.) Rename it back to SENT.DBX

Use File>Import>Messages to import the messages from that SENT.DBX file.
You're importing from a Message Store, not an Identity, and you'll
navigate to that lone SENT.DBX file. Import it into a different folder
than default, one that you've created previously, named something like
"Sent_Archive".

For further hints, plus tools you can use to extract the messages into
TXT files directly from the DBX file, see www.insideoe.com and
http://www.oehelp.com

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

>I renamed the three Sent Items.dbx files to Sent Items.old and it
>solved the
> error problem but my question is if I want to retrieve some of the
> messages
> in the renamed files how do I do it?
> Sol
> "Hugh Candlin" <No@MeansNo.Com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > Thank you very much. Now after I do it how can I get back all the
> messages
>> > from the .old files?
>>
>> What old files?
>>
>> Explain in detail exactly what you want to do.

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 6:56:41 PM

Thank you. Now when I try to import I get a message that messages are not
found.
Solo
> Here's one thing to try:
>
> Move the SENT.OLD file to a different folder (Desktop, whatever,
> anywhere will do.) Rename it back to SENT.DBX
>
> Use File>Import>Messages to import the messages from that SENT.DBX file.
> You're importing from a Message Store, not an Identity, and you'll
> navigate to that lone SENT.DBX file. Import it into a different folder
> than default, one that you've created previously, named something like
> "Sent_Archive".
>
> For further hints, plus tools you can use to extract the messages into
> TXT files directly from the DBX file, see www.insideoe.com and
> http://www.oehelp.com
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP Shell/User
>
> "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >I renamed the three Sent Items.dbx files to Sent Items.old and it
> >solved the
> > error problem but my question is if I want to retrieve some of the
> > messages
> > in the renamed files how do I do it?
> > Sol
> > "Hugh Candlin" <No@MeansNo.Com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > messages
> >>
> >> What old files?
> >>
> >> Explain in detail exactly what you want to do.

Anonymous
August 9, 2005 11:30:31 PM

I get a message that it can not find the file.
Solomon
> Here's one thing to try:
>
> Move the SENT.OLD file to a different folder (Desktop, whatever,
> anywhere will do.) Rename it back to SENT.DBX
>
> Use File>Import>Messages to import the messages from that SENT.DBX file.
> You're importing from a Message Store, not an Identity, and you'll
> navigate to that lone SENT.DBX file. Import it into a different folder
> than default, one that you've created previously, named something like
> "Sent_Archive".
>
> For further hints, plus tools you can use to extract the messages into
> TXT files directly from the DBX file, see www.insideoe.com and
> http://www.oehelp.com
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP Shell/User
>
> "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >I renamed the three Sent Items.dbx files to Sent Items.old and it
> >solved the
> > error problem but my question is if I want to retrieve some of the
> > messages
> > in the renamed files how do I do it?
> > Sol
> > "Hugh Candlin" <No@MeansNo.Com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > messages
> >>
> >> What old files?
> >>
> >> Explain in detail exactly what you want to do.

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 10:17:40 PM

I moved the file to a folder I created. When I start the import process the
first the first question asked is Select an e mail program to import from.
but as you instructed the file is not in an email program.
Sol
> Here's one thing to try:
>
> Move the SENT.OLD file to a different folder (Desktop, whatever,
> anywhere will do.) Rename it back to SENT.DBX
>
> Use File>Import>Messages to import the messages from that SENT.DBX file.
> You're importing from a Message Store, not an Identity, and you'll
> navigate to that lone SENT.DBX file. Import it into a different folder
> than default, one that you've created previously, named something like
> "Sent_Archive".
>
> For further hints, plus tools you can use to extract the messages into
> TXT files directly from the DBX file, see www.insideoe.com and
> http://www.oehelp.com
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP Shell/User
>
> "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >I renamed the three Sent Items.dbx files to Sent Items.old and it
> >solved the
> > error problem but my question is if I want to retrieve some of the
> > messages
> > in the renamed files how do I do it?
> > Sol
> > "Hugh Candlin" <No@MeansNo.Com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > messages
> >>
> >> What old files?
> >>
> >> Explain in detail exactly what you want to do.

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 11:21:38 PM

He must of fallen into an earthquake, Solkeys, & his Poodles have not
yet tugged him out by a toe. I'm sure the question is asking what
program created the .dbx, & that would be IE6, judging by your
Properties...

Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1409

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
| I moved the file to a folder I created. When I start the import
process the
| first the first question asked is Select an e mail program to import
from.
| but as you instructed the file is not in an email program.
| Sol
| "Gary S. Terhune" <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote in message
| > Here's one thing to try:
| >
| > Move the SENT.OLD file to a different folder (Desktop, whatever,
| > anywhere will do.) Rename it back to SENT.DBX
| >
| > Use File>Import>Messages to import the messages from that SENT.DBX
file.
| > You're importing from a Message Store, not an Identity, and you'll
| > navigate to that lone SENT.DBX file. Import it into a different
folder
| > than default, one that you've created previously, named something
like
| > "Sent_Archive".
| >
| > For further hints, plus tools you can use to extract the messages
into
| > TXT files directly from the DBX file, see www.insideoe.com and
| > http://www.oehelp.com
| >
| > --
| > Gary S. Terhune
| > MS MVP Shell/User
| > http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
| > http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
| >
| > "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| > >I renamed the three Sent Items.dbx files to Sent Items.old and it
| > >solved the
| > > error problem but my question is if I want to retrieve some of the
| > > messages
| > > in the renamed files how do I do it?
| > > Sol
| > > "Hugh Candlin" <No@MeansNo.Com> wrote in message

| > > messages

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 11:41:49 PM

O.K. Now after entering the location of the file I get the following message
"No messages can be found in this folder or another application is running
that has the required file open. Please select another folder or try closing
applications that may have it open"
Sol
> He must of fallen into an earthquake, Solkeys, & his Poodles have not
> yet tugged him out by a toe. I'm sure the question is asking what
> program created the .dbx, & that would be IE6, judging by your
> Properties...
>
> Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1409
>

> --
> Thanks or Good Luck,
> There may be humor in this post, and,
> Naturally, you will not sue,
> should things get worse after this,
> PCR
> pcrrcp@netzero.net
> "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> | I moved the file to a folder I created. When I start the import
> process the
> | first the first question asked is Select an e mail program to import
> from.
> | but as you instructed the file is not in an email program.
> | Sol
> | "Gary S. Terhune" <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote in message
> | > Here's one thing to try:
> | >
> | > Move the SENT.OLD file to a different folder (Desktop, whatever,
> | > anywhere will do.) Rename it back to SENT.DBX
> | >
> | > Use File>Import>Messages to import the messages from that SENT.DBX
> file.
> | > You're importing from a Message Store, not an Identity, and you'll
> | > navigate to that lone SENT.DBX file. Import it into a different
> folder
> | > than default, one that you've created previously, named something
> like
> | > "Sent_Archive".
> | >
> | > For further hints, plus tools you can use to extract the messages
> into
> | > TXT files directly from the DBX file, see www.insideoe.com and
> | > http://www.oehelp.com
> | >
> | > --
> | > Gary S. Terhune
> | > MS MVP Shell/User
> | > http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
> | > http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
> | >
> | > "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> the

Anonymous
August 11, 2005 12:13:36 AM

I can find nothing about that error message at the MSKB or in OE Help.
Did you scour those URLs Terhune posted or the NGs Bear did? HOWEVER, I
do see that message will show up when I point OE to a folder that has no
..dbx file. So...

"START, Programs, MS-DOS Prompt"
DIR /a /on Full\Path\To\That\Folder

Like...
C:\>DIR /a /on "G:\Outlook Express Store"
Directory of G:\Outlook Express Store
DELETE~1 DBX 256,724 08-10-05 7:36p Deleted Items.dbx
DRAFTS DBX 139,376 07-26-05 7:31a Drafts.dbx
FOLDERS DBX 399,012 08-10-05 5:29p Folders.dbx
INBOX DBX 191,188 08-10-05 7:36p Inbox.dbx
....snip
20 file(s) 188,106,208 bytes

Of course, that one does have them.

--
news:o bTqiUgnFHA.1412@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
| O.K. Now after entering the location of the file I get the following
message
| "No messages can be found in this folder or another application is
running
| that has the required file open. Please select another folder or try
closing
| applications that may have it open"
| Sol
| > He must of fallen into an earthquake, Solkeys, & his Poodles have
not
| > yet tugged him out by a toe. I'm sure the question is asking what
| > program created the .dbx, & that would be IE6, judging by your
| > Properties...
| >
| > Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1409
| >

| > --
| > Thanks or Good Luck,
| > There may be humor in this post, and,
| > Naturally, you will not sue,
| > should things get worse after this,
| > PCR
| > pcrrcp@netzero.net
| > "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| > | I moved the file to a folder I created. When I start the import
| > process the
| > | first the first question asked is Select an e mail program to
import
| > from.
| > | but as you instructed the file is not in an email program.
| > | Sol
| > | "Gary S. Terhune" <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote in message

SENT.DBX
| > file.
| > folder
| > like

| > into

| > the

| > |
| > |

Anonymous
August 11, 2005 9:25:05 PM

I was wondering maybe the problem is when I am asked Import From I chose
Import mail from a OE6 store directory. Is it possible that I don't have it
now in a store directory,and what means a store directory?
Sol
> I can find nothing about that error message at the MSKB or in OE Help.
> Did you scour those URLs Terhune posted or the NGs Bear did? HOWEVER, I
> do see that message will show up when I point OE to a folder that has no
> .dbx file. So...
>
> "START, Programs, MS-DOS Prompt"
> DIR /a /on Full\Path\To\That\Folder
>
> Like...
> C:\>DIR /a /on "G:\Outlook Express Store"
> Directory of G:\Outlook Express Store
> DELETE~1 DBX 256,724 08-10-05 7:36p Deleted Items.dbx
> DRAFTS DBX 139,376 07-26-05 7:31a Drafts.dbx
> FOLDERS DBX 399,012 08-10-05 5:29p Folders.dbx
> INBOX DBX 191,188 08-10-05 7:36p Inbox.dbx
> ...snip
> 20 file(s) 188,106,208 bytes
>
> Of course, that one does have them.
>

> --
> Thanks or Good Luck,
> There may be humor in this post, and,
> Naturally, you will not sue,
> should things get worse after this,
> PCR
> pcrrcp@netzero.net
> "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:o bTqiUgnFHA.1412@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> | O.K. Now after entering the location of the file I get the following
> message
> | "No messages can be found in this folder or another application is
> running
> | that has the required file open. Please select another folder or try
> closing
> | applications that may have it open"
> | Sol
> | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
> | > He must of fallen into an earthquake, Solkeys, & his Poodles have
> not
> | > yet tugged him out by a toe. I'm sure the question is asking what
> | > program created the .dbx, & that would be IE6, judging by your
> | > Properties...
> | >
> | > Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1409
> | >

> | > --
> | > Thanks or Good Luck,
> | > There may be humor in this post, and,
> | > Naturally, you will not sue,
> | > should things get worse after this,
> | > PCR
> | > pcrrcp@netzero.net
> | > "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> | > process the
> import
> | > from.

> SENT.DBX
> | > file.
> you'll
> | > folder
> something
> | > like

> messages
> | > into

> it
> the

> all
> | > the

> | > |
> | > |

Anonymous
August 11, 2005 11:08:46 PM

Well, by trial & error, I discover you need a Folders.dbx in the folder
too. I moved Keepers.dbx into C:\Windows\Temp, & it wouldn't import,
until I also moved it's Folders.dbx into there too. Then, it worked
fine.

--
news:o UkntsrnFHA.764@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
| I was wondering maybe the problem is when I am asked Import From I
chose
| Import mail from a OE6 store directory. Is it possible that I don't
have it
| now in a store directory,and what means a store directory?
| Sol
| > I can find nothing about that error message at the MSKB or in OE
Help.
| > Did you scour those URLs Terhune posted or the NGs Bear did?
HOWEVER, I
| > do see that message will show up when I point OE to a folder that
has no
| > .dbx file. So...
| >
| > "START, Programs, MS-DOS Prompt"
| > DIR /a /on Full\Path\To\That\Folder
| >
| > Like...
| > C:\>DIR /a /on "G:\Outlook Express Store"
| > Directory of G:\Outlook Express Store
| > DELETE~1 DBX 256,724 08-10-05 7:36p Deleted Items.dbx
| > DRAFTS DBX 139,376 07-26-05 7:31a Drafts.dbx
| > FOLDERS DBX 399,012 08-10-05 5:29p Folders.dbx
| > INBOX DBX 191,188 08-10-05 7:36p Inbox.dbx
| > ...snip
| > 20 file(s) 188,106,208 bytes
| >
| > Of course, that one does have them.
| >

| > --
| > Thanks or Good Luck,
| > There may be humor in this post, and,
| > Naturally, you will not sue,
| > should things get worse after this,
| > PCR
| > pcrrcp@netzero.net
| > "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| > news:o bTqiUgnFHA.1412@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
| > | O.K. Now after entering the location of the file I get the
following
| > message
| > | "No messages can be found in this folder or another application is
| > running
| > | that has the required file open. Please select another folder or
try
| > closing
| > | applications that may have it open"
| > | Sol
| > | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
| > not

| > import

| > SENT.DBX
| > you'll
| > something

| > messages

| > it
| > the

| > all

| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

Anonymous
August 11, 2005 11:28:24 PM

Thank you. Now how can I create a .dbx folder? A file I understand how but
how do I do it with a folder?
Sol
news:o uhBOmsnFHA.2852@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> [...]
> | now in a store directory,and what means a store directory?
> | Sol
> | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
> | > I can find nothing about that error message at the MSKB or in OE
> Help.
> | > Did you scour those URLs Terhune posted or the NGs Bear did?
> HOWEVER, I
> | > do see that message will show up when I point OE to a folder that
> has no
> | > .dbx file. So...
> | >
> | > "START, Programs, MS-DOS Prompt"
> | > DIR /a /on Full\Path\To\That\Folder
> | >
> | > Like...
> | > C:\>DIR /a /on "G:\Outlook Express Store"
> | > Directory of G:\Outlook Express Store
> | > DELETE~1 DBX 256,724 08-10-05 7:36p Deleted Items.dbx
> | > DRAFTS DBX 139,376 07-26-05 7:31a Drafts.dbx
> | > FOLDERS DBX 399,012 08-10-05 5:29p Folders.dbx
> | > INBOX DBX 191,188 08-10-05 7:36p Inbox.dbx

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 3:22:58 AM

Where did you get the .dbx from? Wasn't there a Folders.dbx in there
too? That's the one to use. Otherwise, maybe that site will say...
www.insideoe.com

--
| Thank you. Now how can I create a .dbx folder? A file I understand how
but
| how do I do it with a folder?
| Sol
| news:o uhBOmsnFHA.2852@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
| > Well, by trial & error, I discover you need a Folders.dbx in the
folder
| > too. I moved Keepers.dbx into C:\Windows\Temp, & it wouldn't import,
| > until I also moved it's Folders.dbx into there too. Then, it worked
| > fine.
| >

| > --
| > Thanks or Good Luck,
| > There may be humor in this post, and,
| > Naturally, you will not sue,
| > should things get worse after this,
| > PCR
| > pcrrcp@netzero.net
| > "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| > news:o UkntsrnFHA.764@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
| > | I was wondering maybe the problem is when I am asked Import From I
| > chose
| > | Import mail from a OE6 store directory. Is it possible that I
don't
| > have it
| > | now in a store directory,and what means a store directory?
| > | Sol
| > | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
| > Help.
| > HOWEVER, I
| > has no

| > following
| > try
| > have
| > what

| > import

| > whatever,

| > different

www.insideoe.com
| > and

Items.old
| > and
| > some of

| > back

| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |

| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 3:41:27 PM

I had problems with the sent items folders, so I was advised to rename it to
Sent Items.old, but now I am trying to open it.
Solomon
> Where did you get the .dbx from? Wasn't there a Folders.dbx in there
> too? That's the one to use. Otherwise, maybe that site will say...
> www.insideoe.com
>

> --
> Thanks or Good Luck,
> There may be humor in this post, and,
> Naturally, you will not sue,
> should things get worse after this,
> PCR
> pcrrcp@netzero.net
> "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> | Thank you. Now how can I create a .dbx folder? A file I understand how
> but
> | how do I do it with a folder?
> | Sol
> | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
> | news:o uhBOmsnFHA.2852@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> | > Well, by trial & error, I discover you need a Folders.dbx in the
> folder
> | > too. I moved Keepers.dbx into C:\Windows\Temp, & it wouldn't import,
> | > until I also moved it's Folders.dbx into there too. Then, it worked
> | > fine.
> | >

> | > --
> | > Thanks or Good Luck,
> | > There may be humor in this post, and,
> | > Naturally, you will not sue,
> | > should things get worse after this,
> | > PCR
> | > pcrrcp@netzero.net
> | > "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> | > news:o UkntsrnFHA.764@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> | > chose
> don't
> | > have it
> | > Help.
> | > HOWEVER, I
> that
> | > has no

> | > following
> application is
> or
> | > try
> | > have
> | > what
> your

> | > import

> | > whatever,

> that
> and
> | > different

> www.insideoe.com
> | > and

> Items.old
> | > and
> | > some of

> get
> | > back

> | > | > | > |
> | > | > | > |

> | > | > |
> | > | > |

> | > |
> | > |

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 8:07:18 PM

You can't Import it, until you...

(a) Put it into a folder
(b) Rename it back to "Sent Items.dbx"
(c) Put it's original Folders.dbx into the same folder.

....as far as I know. Otherwise, go scour that site or the other NGs.
Perhaps you can fudge a Folders.dbx. I just don't know.

--
news:o XWuWR1nFHA.860@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
| I had problems with the sent items folders, so I was advised to rename
it to
| Sent Items.old, but now I am trying to open it.
| Solomon
| > Where did you get the .dbx from? Wasn't there a Folders.dbx in there
| > too? That's the one to use. Otherwise, maybe that site will say...
| > www.insideoe.com
| >

| > --
| > Thanks or Good Luck,
| > There may be humor in this post, and,
| > Naturally, you will not sue,
| > should things get worse after this,
| > PCR
| > pcrrcp@netzero.net
| > "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| > | Thank you. Now how can I create a .dbx folder? A file I understand
how
| > but
| > | how do I do it with a folder?
| > | Sol
| > | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
| > | news:o uhBOmsnFHA.2852@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
| > folder

From I
| > don't
| > that

Items.dbx

| > application is
| > or
Poodles
| > your

| > that
Identity,
| > and

| > www.insideoe.com

| > Items.old

| > get

| > | > | > | > |
| > | > | > | > |

| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |

| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 10:32:59 PM

You can lead a whore to culture but...
--

PCR wrote:
> You can't Import it, until you...
>
> (a) Put it into a folder
> (b) Rename it back to "Sent Items.dbx"
> (c) Put it's original Folders.dbx into the same folder.
>
> ...as far as I know. Otherwise, go scour that site or the other NGs.
> Perhaps you can fudge a Folders.dbx. I just don't know.
>

> > I had problems with the sent items folders, so I was advised to rename
> > it to Sent Items.old, but now I am trying to open it.
> > Solomon
> > "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
> > > Where did you get the .dbx from? Wasn't there a Folders.dbx in there
> > > too? That's the one to use. Otherwise, maybe that site will say...
> > > www.insideoe.com
> > >

> > > --
> > > Thanks or Good Luck,
> > > There may be humor in this post, and,
> > > Naturally, you will not sue,
> > > should things get worse after this,
> > > PCR
> > > pcrrcp@netzero.net
> > > "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> folder
> > > or
> Poodles

> the
> program

> > > that
> Identity,
> > > and
> named

> the

> > > Items.old
> retrieve

> > > get

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 10:42:29 PM

For solkeys...

Q: How do I import Sent Items.dbx?
A: See http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/how.htm#importdbx or last paragraph of
http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx.

NB: Rename 'Sent Items.dbx' to [Anyothername].dbx. If by some miracle you
manage to import Sent Items.dbx into your current OE store, it will
overwrite the current Sent Items folder!

Q: I imported it but there weren't any messages?
A: It was prolly corrupted a long time ago.

Why it happens:

http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgo...
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/f...

Recovering data: http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#4
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DBXtract
http://www.oehelp.com/DBXtract/Default.aspx

DBXtend (additional functionality)
http://www.oehelp.com/DBXtend/Default.aspx

DBXpress (faster, more powerful, with even greater functionality)
http://www.oehelp.com/DBXpress/Default.aspx

OEX (OE Enhancement Program)
http://www.oehelp.com/OEX/Default.aspx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To avoid such corruption in future:

- Don't use Inbox or *Sent Items* to archive messages. Move the messages to
Local folders created for this purpose.

- Empty Deleted Items folder daily.

- Disable Background Compacting [N/A in SP2] and frequently perform a manual
compact of all OE folders while "working offline". More at
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/files/maintain.htm.

- Your anti-virus application's email scanning feature can also cause such
corruption. Disable it. It provides no additional protection.
--
OE6-specific newsgroup:
OE General newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
August 13, 2005 12:16:44 PM

ANYWAY, I see there is a way to do it in your post to Solkeys. That
should do it, then! Apparently Terhune put on a few pounds since his
Poodles tugged him out the last earthquake-- BUT we got the job done! A
job well done!

--
news:o fznJ34nFHA.3660@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
| You can lead a whore to culture but...
| --
| OE6-specific newsgroup:

| OE General newsgroup:
|
| ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
| MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP
|
| PCR wrote:
| > You can't Import it, until you...
| >
| > (a) Put it into a folder
| > (b) Rename it back to "Sent Items.dbx"
| > (c) Put it's original Folders.dbx into the same folder.
| >
| > ...as far as I know. Otherwise, go scour that site or the other NGs.
| > Perhaps you can fudge a Folders.dbx. I just don't know.
| >

| > > I had problems with the sent items folders, so I was advised to
rename
| > > it to Sent Items.old, but now I am trying to open it.
| > > Solomon
| > > "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message

Import
NGs

Items.dbx

| > folder
| > Poodles

| > the
| > program

| > Identity,
| > named

| > the

Sent
| > retrieve

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 7:54:37 PM

First to PA BEAR I posted my problem on those other groups but got no reply.
Now I finnaly figured out how to do it but in middle of tranfering I get a
messagev that I performed an illegal operation at it closes and the
following details I get from Dr. Watson "Microsoft Direct Database API
performed an invalid memory access.

Module Name: DIRECTDB.DLL
Version: 6.00.2800.1123
Product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation"
Sol
news:o Lvxc84nFHA.1148@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> For solkeys...
>
> Q: How do I import Sent Items.dbx?
> A: See http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/how.htm#importdbx or last paragraph of
> http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx.
>
> NB: Rename 'Sent Items.dbx' to [Anyothername].dbx. If by some miracle you
> manage to import Sent Items.dbx into your current OE store, it will
> overwrite the current Sent Items folder!
>
> Q: I imported it but there weren't any messages?
> A: It was prolly corrupted a long time ago.
>
> Why it happens:
>
> http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgo...

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/f...

> Recovering data: http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#4
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> DBXtract
> http://www.oehelp.com/DBXtract/Default.aspx
>
> DBXtend (additional functionality)
> http://www.oehelp.com/DBXtend/Default.aspx
>
> DBXpress (faster, more powerful, with even greater functionality)
> http://www.oehelp.com/DBXpress/Default.aspx
>
> OEX (OE Enhancement Program)
> http://www.oehelp.com/OEX/Default.aspx
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> To avoid such corruption in future:
>
> - Don't use Inbox or *Sent Items* to archive messages. Move the messages
> Local folders created for this purpose.
>
> - Empty Deleted Items folder daily.
>
> - Disable Background Compacting [N/A in SP2] and frequently perform a
manual
> compact of all OE folders while "working offline". More at
> http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/files/maintain.htm.
>
> - Your anti-virus application's email scanning feature can also cause such
> corruption. Disable it. It provides no additional protection.
> --
> OE6-specific newsgroup:

> OE General newsgroup:
>
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 9:26:32 PM

What are you using for a Folders.dbx...?...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;233264
OLEXP: Error Message If the Folders.dbx File Is Missing or Damaged
.......Quote..............
SYMPTOMS
When you start Outlook Express or attempt to send an e-mail message, you
may receive one of the following error messages:
MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module Msoe.dll
MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module "unknown"
MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module Directdb.dll
Msimn caused an exception C0000006h in module Directdb.dll
Outlook Express: The message could not be sent. There is not enough Disk
space.
Unknown error has occurred. Protocol: SMTP Port: 0 Secure: No [SSL]
Error: 0x800c0131

CAUSE
This behavior can occur if the Folders.dbx file is missing, damaged, or
using the read-only attribute.

RESOLUTION
Rename the Folders.dbx file: 1. Click Start, point to Find, and then
click Files or Folders.
2. In the Named box, type folders.dbx.
3. In the Look In box, click your primary hard disk (usually drive C),
and then click Find Now.
4. Right-click the Folders.dbx file, and then click Rename.
5. Type folders.old, and then click OK.
6. Start Outlook Express. This creates a new Folders.dbx file
automatically.
.......EOQ................

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275543
OLEXP: How to Troubleshoot the Invalid Page Fault Error Message

It's also mentioned in there.

--
news:o $CMENdoFHA.2152@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
| First to PA BEAR I posted my problem on those other groups but got no
reply.
| Now I finnaly figured out how to do it but in middle of tranfering I
get a
| messagev that I performed an illegal operation at it closes and the
| following details I get from Dr. Watson "Microsoft Direct Database API
| performed an invalid memory access.
|
| Module Name: DIRECTDB.DLL
| Version: 6.00.2800.1123
| Product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
| Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation"
| Sol
| "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
| news:o Lvxc84nFHA.1148@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
| > For solkeys...
| >
| > Q: How do I import Sent Items.dbx?
| > A: See http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/how.htm#importdbx or last
paragraph of
| > http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx.
| >
| > NB: Rename 'Sent Items.dbx' to [Anyothername].dbx. If by some
miracle you
| > manage to import Sent Items.dbx into your current OE store, it will
| > overwrite the current Sent Items folder!
| >
| > Q: I imported it but there weren't any messages?
| > A: It was prolly corrupted a long time ago.
| >
| > Why it happens:
| >
| > http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgo...

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/f...

| > Recovering data: http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#4
| > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| > DBXtract
| > http://www.oehelp.com/DBXtract/Default.aspx
| >
| > DBXtend (additional functionality)
| > http://www.oehelp.com/DBXtend/Default.aspx
| >
| > DBXpress (faster, more powerful, with even greater functionality)
| > http://www.oehelp.com/DBXpress/Default.aspx
| >
| > OEX (OE Enhancement Program)
| > http://www.oehelp.com/OEX/Default.aspx
| > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| > To avoid such corruption in future:
| >
| > - Don't use Inbox or *Sent Items* to archive messages. Move the
messages
| > Local folders created for this purpose.
| >
| > - Empty Deleted Items folder daily.
| >
| > - Disable Background Compacting [N/A in SP2] and frequently perform
| manual
| > compact of all OE folders while "working offline". More at
| > http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/files/maintain.htm.
| >
| > - Your anti-virus application's email scanning feature can also
cause such
| > corruption. Disable it. It provides no additional protection.
| > --
| > OE6-specific newsgroup:

| > OE General newsgroup:
| >
| > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
| > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 9:43:16 PM

I did all that and I created a new Identity and while imported I get that
error.
Sol
> [...]
> | > http://www.oehelp.com/OEX/Default.aspx
> | > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> | > To avoid such corruption in future:
> | >
> | > - Don't use Inbox or *Sent Items* to archive messages. Move the
> messages
> | > Local folders created for this purpose.
> | >
> | > - Empty Deleted Items folder daily.
> | >
> | > - Disable Background Compacting [N/A in SP2] and frequently perform
> | manual
> | > compact of all OE folders while "working offline". More at
> | > http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/files/maintain.htm.
> | >
> | > - Your anti-virus application's email scanning feature can also
> cause such
> | > corruption. Disable it. It provides no additional protection.
> | > --
> | > OE6-specific newsgroup:

> | > OE General newsgroup:
> | >
> | > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> | > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP

August 15, 2005 10:12:33 PM

SOLKEYS, you should have been CURED by now by following my, Terhune's,
Bear's, or Chauvin's instructions! Maybe even Phillipson's or Candlin's!
Who said to create a new identity?

(1) Are you able to read Sent Items in the new identity?
(2) Are you able to read them in the old identity?
(3) How did you get them into the new identity?
(4) Are you saying you cannot import them from one to the other?
(5) What precisely are you clicking?

Careful about one thing: seems Bear is saying...

> [...]
| > should things get worse after this,
| > PCR
| > pcrrcp@netzero.net
| > "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| > news:o $CMENdoFHA.2152@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
| > | First to PA BEAR I posted my problem on those other groups but got
no
| > reply.
| > | Now I finnaly figured out how to do it but in middle of tranfering
| > get a
| > | messagev that I performed an illegal operation at it closes and
the
| > | following details I get from Dr. Watson "Microsoft Direct Database
API
| > | performed an invalid memory access.
| > |
| > | Module Name: DIRECTDB.DLL
| > | Version: 6.00.2800.1123
| > | Product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

| > |

| > |
| > |
| > |

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 11:38:34 PM

First I renamed the Sent Items to .old, then I created a new folder called
Sent Archives, and also created a new Identity and made there also a folders
called Sent Archives. Then I renamed the Sent Items folders to Sent Archives
and went to Windows Explorer and moved they renamed folder to my default
Identity. Then I went to my new Identity and started to import mail from the
Sent Archives in the default Intensity. to the new identity. I was able to
import about half of the mail did I got the error message.
Sol

news:o PEqyZeoFHA.468@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> [...]
> | >
> | > CAUSE
> | > This behavior can occur if the Folders.dbx file is missing, damaged,
> or
> | > using the read-only attribute.
> | >
> | > RESOLUTION
> | > Rename the Folders.dbx file: 1. Click Start, point to Find, and then
> | > click Files or Folders.
> | > 2. In the Named box, type folders.dbx.
> | > 3. In the Look In box, click your primary hard disk (usually drive
> C),
> | > and then click Find Now.
> | > 4. Right-click the Folders.dbx file, and then click Rename.
> | > 5. Type folders.old, and then click OK.
> | > 6. Start Outlook Express. This creates a new Folders.dbx file
> | > automatically.
> | > ......EOQ................
> | >
> | > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275543
> | > OLEXP: How to Troubleshoot the Invalid Page Fault Error Message

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 11:38:35 PM

Sounds like the DBX file is corrupt. Trying to import that set of messages
is probably doomed. You want to resort to one or another of the
already-mentioned recovery utilities. DBXtract, for instance. Won't get them
back into OE, but it will certainly create a decently accessible and
searchable folder full of EML or TXT email files.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS-MVP Shell/User

"Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:o MDoAKfoFHA.2916@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> First I renamed the Sent Items to .old, then I created a new folder
> called
> Sent Archives, and also created a new Identity and made there also a
> folders
> called Sent Archives. Then I renamed the Sent Items folders to Sent
> Archives
> and went to Windows Explorer and moved they renamed folder to my default
> Identity. Then I went to my new Identity and started to import mail from
> the
> Sent Archives in the default Intensity. to the new identity. I was able to
> import about half of the mail did I got the error message.
> Sol
>
> "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
> news:o PEqyZeoFHA.468@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> SOLKEYS, you should have been CURED by now by following my, Terhune's,
>> Bear's, or Chauvin's instructions! Maybe even Phillipson's or Candlin's!
>> Who said to create a new identity?
>>
>> (1) Are you able to read Sent Items in the new identity?
>> (2) Are you able to read them in the old identity?
>> (3) How did you get them into the new identity?
>> (4) Are you saying you cannot import them from one to the other?
>> (5) What precisely are you clicking?
>>
>> Careful about one thing: seems Bear is saying...
>>
>> "NB: Rename 'Sent Items.dbx' to [Anyothername].dbx. If by some miracle
>> you
>> manage to import Sent Items.dbx into your current OE store, it will
>> overwrite the current Sent Items folder!"
>>

>> --
>> Thanks or Good Luck,
>> There may be humor in this post, and,
>> Naturally, you will not sue,
>> should things get worse after this,
>> PCR
>> pcrrcp@netzero.net
>> "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> | I did all that and I created a new Identity and while imported I get
>> that
>> | error.
>> | Sol
>> | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message

>> you
>> Disk

>> or

>> C),

>> no
>> the
>> API
>> | > |

>> will

>> | > |

>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/f...

>> functionality)

>> perform

>> | > |

>> | > |
>> | > |
>> | > |

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 4:17:05 PM

I haven't tried creating new identities. So, really, I don't know how
that goes. It could be as Terhune & Bear suggest, that the old "Sent
Items.dbx" you wish to Import is corrupt, if the Sent Items began to
Import but quit half way. BUT you have done so much folder renaming &
identity creating that something else may be the matter.

(1) Can you undo what you did, delete that new identity & all the new
folders you created? BUT make sure you still have that old "Sent
Items.dbx" you wish to import in a folder of it's own-- a folder OUTSIDE
of the OE Store-- even put it in C:\Windows\Temp.

(2) Does OE still work now & look like it did before?

If so, try this, from one of the sites Bear posted, last paragraph of
http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx.

.......Quote...........
To backup and restore a single OE5 mail folder, save the appropriate dbx
file. To restore, create a new folder in OE5 (call it archiv1, for
example) and access it once. Then close OE and find archiv1.dbx and
delete it. Make a copy of the folder you want to restore and rename it
to archiv1.dbx. Then copy that file into the directory where the
previous file was deleted. Open OE and the messages you wanted to
restore will be accessible via opening that archiv1 folder.
.......EOQ.............

That is...

(1) Rename the old "Sent Items.dbx" to "Old Sent Items.dbx".
This should be somewhere outside the OE Store.
That is, it won't show up in OE's left pane yet.
It is the file you are trying to Import.

(2) Create a new folder in OE, & access it once...

(a) R-Clk "Local Folders" in OE's L-Pane, & select "New Folder".
(b) Paste the name "Old Sent Items.dbx" (no quotes) into it.
(c) It will quickly appear in the L-Pane.
Click it. It will show up empty in OE's R-Pane.
This is the destination of the file in step (1).

(3)
(a) Close OE, and open Explorer to your OE Store. It's location shows
at...
"OE, Tools menu, Options, Maintenance tab, Store Folder button"
(b) Delete the file in there named: "Old Sent Items.dbx".
That is the one you just created.
(c) Still using Explorer, copy the "Old Sent Items.dbx" of step (1)
into this OE Store folder.

(4) Close Explorer. Open OE. Maybe do a "File menu, Folder, Compact all
folders".

You should now have what you want in there. Hopefully, it is not
corrupt.

--
> [...]
| > (2) Are you able to read them in the old identity?
| > (3) How did you get them into the new identity?
| > (4) Are you saying you cannot import them from one to the other?
| > (5) What precisely are you clicking?
| >
| > Careful about one thing: seems Bear is saying...
| >
| > "NB: Rename 'Sent Items.dbx' to [Anyothername].dbx. If by some
miracle
| > you
| > manage to import Sent Items.dbx into your current OE store, it will
| > overwrite the current Sent Items folder!"
| >

| > --
| > Thanks or Good Luck,
| > There may be humor in this post, and,
| > Naturally, you will not sue,
| > should things get worse after this,
| > PCR
| > pcrrcp@netzero.net
| > "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| > | I did all that and I created a new Identity and while imported I

| > | > |

| > |

| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 2:29:37 AM

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 19:11:26 -0700, "Gary S. Terhune"

>Sounds like the DBX file is corrupt. Trying to import that set of messages
>is probably doomed. You want to resort to one or another of the
>already-mentioned recovery utilities. DBXtract, for instance. Won't get them
>back into OE, but it will certainly create a decently accessible and
>searchable folder full of EML or TXT email files.

Another approach to "washing" mail is to do a round-robin import
through different email apps, e.g. import into Eudora, then import
Eudora's data back into OE (or just stay in Eudora).

The import process is tortuous and prone to introducing problems, but
what you're hoping here is that a problem that blows up OE (possibly
deliberately, i.e. an exploit) will be defused along the way. Quite
likely, as the cross-import is likely to redefine any broken
structures and thus "clean them up".

There's another advantage to importing into Eudora, and that is that
Eudora will strip out attachments as loose files that can be scanned
by av. Importing back into OE hides them in OE's mailboxes again, but
hopefully you'd have scanned them when you had the chance. An
on-access av will do that as Eudora creates them as files.

>------------ ----- ---- --- -- - - - -
The most accurate diagnostic instrument
in medicine is the Retrospectoscope
>------------ ----- ---- --- -- - - - -
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 2:29:38 AM

And another oar enters the water. <VBEG>

Chris, meet Solkeys, a quite well-known figure in OE circles. Solkeys, meet
MVP Chris Quirke, a man of many words and URLs. <wink>
--
~PA Bear
www.ohthisshouldbeinteresting.mvp

cquirke (MVP Windows shell/user) wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 19:11:26 -0700, "Gary S. Terhune"
>
> > Sounds like the DBX file is corrupt. Trying to import that set of
> > messages is probably doomed. You want to resort to one or another of the
> > already-mentioned recovery utilities. DBXtract, for instance. Won't get
> > them back into OE, but it will certainly create a decently accessible
> > and searchable folder full of EML or TXT email files.
>
> Another approach to "washing" mail is to do a round-robin import
> through different email apps, e.g. import into Eudora, then import
> Eudora's data back into OE (or just stay in Eudora).
>
> The import process is tortuous and prone to introducing problems, but
> what you're hoping here is that a problem that blows up OE (possibly
> deliberately, i.e. an exploit) will be defused along the way. Quite
> likely, as the cross-import is likely to redefine any broken
> structures and thus "clean them up".
>
> There's another advantage to importing into Eudora, and that is that
> Eudora will strip out attachments as loose files that can be scanned
> by av. Importing back into OE hides them in OE's mailboxes again, but
> hopefully you'd have scanned them when you had the chance. An
> on-access av will do that as Eudora creates them as files.
>

> > ------------ ----- ---- --- -- - - - -
> The most accurate diagnostic instrument
> in medicine is the Retrospectoscope
> > ------------ ----- ---- --- -- - - - -
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 2:29:39 AM

Never mind! I'll have Solkeys up/running in no time!

--
| And another oar enters the water. <VBEG>
|
| Chris, meet Solkeys, a quite well-known figure in OE circles.
Solkeys, meet
| MVP Chris Quirke, a man of many words and URLs. <wink>
| --
| ~PA Bear
| www.ohthisshouldbeinteresting.mvp
|
| cquirke (MVP Windows shell/user) wrote:
| > On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 19:11:26 -0700, "Gary S. Terhune"
| >
| > > Sounds like the DBX file is corrupt. Trying to import that set of
| > > messages is probably doomed. You want to resort to one or another
of the
| > > already-mentioned recovery utilities. DBXtract, for instance.
Won't get
| > > them back into OE, but it will certainly create a decently
accessible
| > > and searchable folder full of EML or TXT email files.
| >
| > Another approach to "washing" mail is to do a round-robin import
| > through different email apps, e.g. import into Eudora, then import
| > Eudora's data back into OE (or just stay in Eudora).
| >
| > The import process is tortuous and prone to introducing problems,
but
| > what you're hoping here is that a problem that blows up OE (possibly
| > deliberately, i.e. an exploit) will be defused along the way. Quite
| > likely, as the cross-import is likely to redefine any broken
| > structures and thus "clean them up".
| >
| > There's another advantage to importing into Eudora, and that is that
| > Eudora will strip out attachments as loose files that can be scanned
| > by av. Importing back into OE hides them in OE's mailboxes again,
but
| > hopefully you'd have scanned them when you had the chance. An
| > on-access av will do that as Eudora creates them as files.
| >

| > > ------------ ----- ---- --- -- - - - -
| > The most accurate diagnostic instrument
| > in medicine is the Retrospectoscope
| > > ------------ ----- ---- --- -- - - - -

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 2:29:40 AM

More power to you!

PCR wrote:
> Never mind! I'll have Solkeys up/running in no time!
>
> > And another oar enters the water. <VBEG>
> >
> > Chris, meet Solkeys, a quite well-known figure in OE circles. Solkeys,
> > meet MVP Chris Quirke, a man of many words and URLs. <wink>
> > --
> > ~PA Bear
> > www.ohthisshouldbeinteresting.mvp
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 3:15:09 AM

OK, then! Should he have been able to Import from one identity to
another? It isn't mentioned in OE Help. I think I like the other trick
better, though, anyhow, of creating an empty folder in OE & replacing
it's .dbx with the full one.

--
| More power to you!
|
| PCR wrote:
| > Never mind! I'll have Solkeys up/running in no time!
| >
| > > And another oar enters the water. <VBEG>
| > >
| > > Chris, meet Solkeys, a quite well-known figure in OE circles.
Solkeys,
| > > meet MVP Chris Quirke, a man of many words and URLs. <wink>
| > > --
| > > ~PA Bear
| > > www.ohthisshouldbeinteresting.mvp
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 4:13:07 AM

If it's corrupted, it's corrupted. Best chance would be to extract any
messages possible using, e.g., DBXtract or $imilar. Recovered messages, if
any, may be dragged to an open OE folder.

Repeat:

To avoid such corruption in future, don't use Inbox or **Sent Items** to
archive messages. Move them to user-created local folders created for this
purpose. Disable Background Compacting [N/A in SP2] and frequently perform
a manual compact of all OE folders while "working offline". More at
http://www.insideoe.com/files/maintain.htm. Your anti-virus application's
email scanning feature can also cause corruption. Disable it. It provides
no additional protection.
--
~PA Bear

PCR wrote:
> OK, then! Should he have been able to Import from one identity to
> another? It isn't mentioned in OE Help. I think I like the other trick
> better, though, anyhow, of creating an empty folder in OE & replacing
> it's .dbx with the full one.
>

> > More power to you!
> >
> > PCR wrote:
> > > Never mind! I'll have Solkeys up/running in no time!

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 4:34:28 PM

Now I am having another problem> I am trying to import another folder from
one Identity to the other Identity but what is happing that it just copies
the same folder but an empty one and this is added to the name(1) into the
same identity.
Sol
> [...]
> |
> | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
> | news:o PEqyZeoFHA.468@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> | > SOLKEYS, you should have been CURED by now by following my,
> Terhune's,
> | > Bear's, or Chauvin's instructions! Maybe even Phillipson's or
> Candlin's!
> | > Who said to create a new identity?
> | >
> | > (1) Are you able to read Sent Items in the new identity?
> | > (2) Are you able to read them in the old identity?
> | > (3) How did you get them into the new identity?
> | > (4) Are you saying you cannot import them from one to the other?
> | > (5) What precisely are you clicking?
> | >
> | > Careful about one thing: seems Bear is saying...
> | >
> | > "NB: Rename 'Sent Items.dbx' to [Anyothername].dbx. If by some
> miracle
> | > you
> | > manage to import Sent Items.dbx into your current OE store, it will
> | > overwrite the current Sent Items folder!"

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 4:36:01 PM

I see. But it's hard to tell whether it is corrupted or something went
wrong with how he did it. There are too many Sent Items, Sent Archives &
Identities in his description...

......Quote.............
First I renamed the Sent Items to .old, then I created a new folder
called
Sent Archives, and also created a new Identity and made there also a
folders
called Sent Archives. Then I renamed the Sent Items folders to Sent
Archives
and went to Windows Explorer and moved they renamed folder to my default
Identity. Then I went to my new Identity and started to import mail from
the
Sent Archives in the default Intensity. to the new identity. I was able
import about half of the mail did I got the error message.
Sol
......EOQ................

But, don't worry! I have spelled out the other procedure!

--
| If it's corrupted, it's corrupted. Best chance would be to extract
any
| messages possible using, e.g., DBXtract or $imilar. Recovered
messages, if
| any, may be dragged to an open OE folder.
|
| Repeat:
|
| To avoid such corruption in future, don't use Inbox or **Sent Items**
| archive messages. Move them to user-created local folders created for
this
| purpose. Disable Background Compacting [N/A in SP2] and frequently
perform
| a manual compact of all OE folders while "working offline". More at
| http://www.insideoe.com/files/maintain.htm. Your anti-virus
application's
| email scanning feature can also cause corruption. Disable it. It
provides
| no additional protection.
| --
| ~PA Bear
|
| PCR wrote:
| > OK, then! Should he have been able to Import from one identity to
| > another? It isn't mentioned in OE Help. I think I like the other
trick
| > better, though, anyhow, of creating an empty folder in OE &
replacing
| > it's .dbx with the full one.
| >

| > > More power to you!

<wink>

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 4:36:02 PM

The BIG HINT is that the Import proceeded decently until half way through
the process. That indicates a corrupted DBX file and can't really mean much
else.

Gary S. Terhune
MS-MVP Shell/User

>I see. But it's hard to tell whether it is corrupted or something went
> wrong with how he did it. There are too many Sent Items, Sent Archives &
> Identities in his description...
>
> .....Quote.............
> First I renamed the Sent Items to .old, then I created a new folder
> called
> Sent Archives, and also created a new Identity and made there also a
> folders
> called Sent Archives. Then I renamed the Sent Items folders to Sent
> Archives
> and went to Windows Explorer and moved they renamed folder to my default
> Identity. Then I went to my new Identity and started to import mail from
> the
> Sent Archives in the default Intensity. to the new identity. I was able
> import about half of the mail did I got the error message.
> Sol
> .....EOQ................
>
> But, don't worry! I have spelled out the other procedure!
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 5:47:56 PM

Thanks. I thought that might be true. Still, so much has been done, let
us see what that other procedure can do, if he can subtract the identity
& get back to that. I'm not sure he's using the original Sent Items.dbx,
either. He has moved so much around!

--
| The BIG HINT is that the Import proceeded decently until half way
through
| the process. That indicates a corrupted DBX file and can't really mean
much
| else.
|
| Gary S. Terhune
| MS-MVP Shell/User

| >I see. But it's hard to tell whether it is corrupted or something
went
| > wrong with how he did it. There are too many Sent Items, Sent
Archives &
| > Identities in his description...
| >
| > .....Quote.............
| > First I renamed the Sent Items to .old, then I created a new folder
| > called
| > Sent Archives, and also created a new Identity and made there also a
| > folders
| > called Sent Archives. Then I renamed the Sent Items folders to Sent
| > Archives
| > and went to Windows Explorer and moved they renamed folder to my
default
| > Identity. Then I went to my new Identity and started to import mail
from
| > the
| > Sent Archives in the default Intensity. to the new identity. I was
able
| > import about half of the mail did I got the error message.
| > Sol
| > .....EOQ................
| >
| > But, don't worry! I have spelled out the other procedure!

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 5:47:57 PM

Well, good luck keeping up. I read Solkeys' latest and I have to admit, I'm
lost. All I know is I read the exchange up to the one that reported partial
success, and it seemed pretty clear to me at that point that the file is
corrupt, that DBXtract or similar is called for.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS-MVP Shell/User

> Thanks. I thought that might be true. Still, so much has been done, let
> us see what that other procedure can do, if he can subtract the identity
> & get back to that. I'm not sure he's using the original Sent Items.dbx,
> either. He has moved so much around!
>

> --
> Thanks or Good Luck,
> There may be humor in this post, and,
> Naturally, you will not sue,
> should things get worse after this,
> PCR
> pcrrcp@netzero.net
> | The BIG HINT is that the Import proceeded decently until half way
> through
> | the process. That indicates a corrupted DBX file and can't really mean
> much
> | else.
> |
> | Gary S. Terhune
> | MS-MVP Shell/User
> |
> | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
> | >I see. But it's hard to tell whether it is corrupted or something
> went
> | > wrong with how he did it. There are too many Sent Items, Sent
> Archives &
> | > Identities in his description...
> | >
> | > .....Quote.............
> | > First I renamed the Sent Items to .old, then I created a new folder
> | > called
> | > Sent Archives, and also created a new Identity and made there also a
> | > folders
> | > called Sent Archives. Then I renamed the Sent Items folders to Sent
> | > Archives
> | > and went to Windows Explorer and moved they renamed folder to my
> default
> | > Identity. Then I went to my new Identity and started to import mail
> from
> | > the
> | > Sent Archives in the default Intensity. to the new identity. I was
> able
> | > import about half of the mail did I got the error message.
> | > Sol
> | > .....EOQ................
> | >
> | > But, don't worry! I have spelled out the other procedure!

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 5:53:11 PM

Is the one you import empty? What is it's name? Is there one of the same
name in the destination Identity? Sounds like what you describe WOULD
happen, if you are importing an empty folder with a unique name.

Try the procedure I spelled out, Solkeys!

--
news:o kogVm0oFHA.2152@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> [...]
| > "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| > news:o MDoAKfoFHA.2916@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
| > | First I renamed the Sent Items to .old, then I created a new
folder
| > called
| > | Sent Archives, and also created a new Identity and made there also
| > folders
| > | called Sent Archives. Then I renamed the Sent Items folders to
Sent
| > Archives
| > | and went to Windows Explorer and moved they renamed folder to my
| > default
| > | Identity. Then I went to my new Identity and started to import
mail
| > from the
| > | Sent Archives in the default Intensity. to the new identity. I was
| > able to
| > | import about half of the mail did I got the error message.
| > |
| > | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
| > | news:o PEqyZeoFHA.468@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
| > Terhune's,
| > Candlin's!

| > miracle

| > get

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;233264
| > Damaged
| > message,
| > enough
No
| > [SSL]

| > damaged,

| > then
| > drive

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275543
Message

| > got
| > tranfering
| > and
| > Database
| > | > | > |

| > last

| > some
| > it

http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgo...

| > | > | > |

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/f...

Move
| > the

| > also
| > protection.

| > | > | > |

| > | > |

| > |

| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |

| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 6:36:22 PM

Thanks again. Yea, me too, I tried & nearly figured what he was
describing he did, BUT couldn't quite do it. Therefore, I want him to
get back to where he was & try the thing Bear posted. He appears to be
resistant, though, & continues to do Import's. Does look like was able
to Import an empty .dbx from one Identity to another-- but that isn't
part of the procedure!

--
| Well, good luck keeping up. I read Solkeys' latest and I have to
admit, I'm
| lost. All I know is I read the exchange up to the one that reported
partial
| success, and it seemed pretty clear to me at that point that the file
is
| corrupt, that DBXtract or similar is called for.
|
| --
| Gary S. Terhune
| MS-MVP Shell/User

| > Thanks. I thought that might be true. Still, so much has been done,
let
| > us see what that other procedure can do, if he can subtract the
identity
| > & get back to that. I'm not sure he's using the original Sent
Items.dbx,
| > either. He has moved so much around!
| >

| > --
| > Thanks or Good Luck,
| > There may be humor in this post, and,
| > Naturally, you will not sue,
| > should things get worse after this,
| > PCR
| > pcrrcp@netzero.net
| > "Gary S. Terhune" <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote in message
| > | The BIG HINT is that the Import proceeded decently until half way
| > through
| > | the process. That indicates a corrupted DBX file and can't really
mean
| > much
| > | else.
| > |
| > | Gary S. Terhune
| > | MS-MVP Shell/User
| > |
| > | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
| > went
| > Archives &

Sent
| > default
| > from
| > able

| > |
| > |

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 6:36:23 PM

At this juncture, I bow out. I'm off to experiment with some cloning
strategies...

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS-MVP Shell/User

> Thanks again. Yea, me too, I tried & nearly figured what he was
> describing he did, BUT couldn't quite do it. Therefore, I want him to
> get back to where he was & try the thing Bear posted. He appears to be
> resistant, though, & continues to do Import's. Does look like was able
> to Import an empty .dbx from one Identity to another-- but that isn't
> part of the procedure!
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 6:48:10 PM

I named it Sent Archives and it is full but when I try to import it to
another identity it instead creates another folder in the same identity that
is empty.
Sol

!