How to talk to Mac using messaging

orpheus

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005

Hello all,

I have spent a great deal of time trying to use AOL's AIM messenger to speak
(vocally!) with a Mac OSX iChat user, only to read just now that it can't be
done under Win 98. Does anyone know of any other solutions for speaking to
Mac over Internet using my microphone?

Thank you very much in advance,

O.

"Orpheus" <Orpheus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I have spent a great deal of time trying to use AOL's AIM messenger to
speak
> (vocally!) with a Mac OSX iChat user, only to read just now that it can't
be
> done under Win 98. Does anyone know of any other solutions for speaking to
> Mac over Internet using my microphone?

This is governed by:
1. What kind of audio card or audio circuitry you have
2. and what software. Some sound-on-board software
includes microphone/voice e.g. SoundMAX, others
does not.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

orpheus

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005

Don,

Thanks very much for your reply!

Sound card: Creative Digital Sound Card 1373
Software: Sound Blaster Live! Value

Hope this is clear...