Sources Say iPad Mini Event Will Focus on E-Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

IQ11110002

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
Reading a book on a 7 inch screen, Still a fail in my opinion no matter which brand we are talking about!

10inch tablet is a good size, Almost A4 magazine size(one page). Why Downgrade to a smaller reader? Niche market for sure for those who like to read the small novels, Even then I would still rather read it on a larger screen and increase the text size or zoom in, Old age is a bitch!

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
[citation][nom]IQ11110002[/nom]Reading a book on a 7 inch screen, Still a fail in my opinion no matter which brand we are talking about!10inch tablet is a good size, Almost A4 magazine size(one page). Why Downgrade to a smaller reader? Niche market for sure for those who like to read the small novels, Even then I would still rather read it on a larger screen and increase the text size or zoom in, Old age is a bitch![/citation]
You should take a look at a kindle with the e-ink I find that to be more clear and legible than normal paper and the words just pop off the page and are easy to read. I was impressed when a friend showed me one a few years ago. You can easily make do with a smaller screen with that kind of technology.

Though a 7in screen on a tablet, that comes down to 2 things I think the display being used and program if it has the proper text, background and sizable text and easy to turn pages. I personally think a full size tablet be a bit annoying to carry and would use a 7in more as it feels more mobile to me and I don't feel l have to pack it up to bring it somewhere, just toss it in my cargo/jacket pocket and I am done.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]IQ11110002[/nom]Reading a book on a 7 inch screen, Still a fail in my opinion no matter which brand we are talking about!10inch tablet is a good size, Almost A4 magazine size(one page). Why Downgrade to a smaller reader? Niche market for sure for those who like to read the small novels, Even then I would still rather read it on a larger screen and increase the text size or zoom in, Old age is a bitch![/citation]
No, a 10 inch tablet isn't a very good reader, mostly because of it's weight. And unless you only read magazines, a 7 inch is much better.

ivanto

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]No, a 10 inch tablet isn't a very good reader, mostly because of it's weight. And unless you only read magazines, a 7 inch is much better.[/citation]

I have iPads since 2010. Weight is not a problem at all, it's size is. Smaller iPad that fits in the pocket is very welcomed. Two month ago, I was buying Google Nexus tablet at Future Shop but it was sold out. I think there is room for 7". Thank you Google and Amazon for making that format popular.
-IvanTO

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Why pay $399 for an iPad Mini when you can buy an Amazon Kindle for $69 or Kindle Paperwhite for $119? Amazon has a bigger selection of books and at way better, WAY BETTER prices. Let's not forget Apple was at the forefront of manipulating the book industry by forcing a price increase of ebooks to $14.99.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Surely iZombies are soooooooooooooooooooo clueless that most of them dont know that any smartphone with a large screen can act as a ebook-- not the latest iJailedyou phone with its tiny screen. There was a reason for that tiny coke-can aluminum phone. iSwindle will manage to convince the legion of morons that flock to its products that they need an iPad mini to read ebooks, even if they already have the iPad.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Why pay $399 for an iPad Mini when you can buy an Amazon Kindle for $69 or Kindle Paperwhite for $119?

Dumb people dont think that way. Imagine the logo--so so impressive to the moron sitting next to you. Well, he might actually think you are technologically informed if he sees that Apple logo on your device!!! Learn to think like an iJailed technologically sub-literate iZombie.

IQ11110002

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
But at 7 inches it would be a better option just to buy a Galaxy Note II or similar, Getting a phone and a tablet in one device that you can carry around. Not every one out there can afford to buy seperate devices for different functions, Many will opt for one device that does everything!
I guess time will tell in the sales but I don't see it being as successful as their other products.

Status
Not open for further replies.