Personalize Windows Update

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
August 5, 2005 6:49:51 AM

When I go to the 'Personalize Windows Update' area and click on any
item that I don't want....click on 'save changes'.....it will never
save the changes. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong ?

Thanks
August 5, 2005 6:49:52 AM

Gizmo wrote:
> When I go to the 'Personalize Windows Update' area and click on any
> item that I don't want....click on 'save changes'.....it will never
> save the changes. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong ?
>
> Thanks

You are probably running an application or batch file that clears or
modifies your cookies. Or you are set to not allow the use of cookies?
Cookie monster? The site reads the cookie which is written when you
do the personalize thing. And then some items are not allowed to be
ignored if you didn't know that.
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 5:21:14 PM

IE Tools > Options > Privacy > Sites (or Custom): Type in

microsoft.com

and Allow Cookies.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)