Personalize Windows Update

When I go to the 'Personalize Windows Update' area and click on any
item that I don't want....click on 'save changes'.....it will never
save the changes. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong ?

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about personalize windows update

    Gizmo wrote:
    > When I go to the 'Personalize Windows Update' area and click on any
    > item that I don't want....click on 'save changes'.....it will never
    > save the changes. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong ?
    >
    > Thanks

    You are probably running an application or batch file that clears or
    modifies your cookies. Or you are set to not allow the use of cookies?
    Cookie monster? The site reads the cookie which is written when you
    do the personalize thing. And then some items are not allowed to be
    ignored if you didn't know that.

    IE Tools > Options > Privacy > Sites (or Custom): Type in

    microsoft.com

    and Allow Cookies.
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    Gizmo wrote:
    > When I go to the 'Personalize Windows Update' area and click on any
    > item that I don't want....click on 'save changes'.....it will never
    > save the changes. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong ?
    >
    > Thanks

Windows Update Microsoft Windows