Fatal exception 00

Jan

Fatal exception 00 at 0028:C023D857 in VXD VDD(09) +
00001803
Just brought 3 game cds for my youngest, they installed with small prb cos
quicktime was there already (nothing unusual)
When I try to play the game the error message occurs.

I have done search on this error and various troubleshooting incluing
reinstall over existing, and before I continue the lengthy problem of more
troubleshooting, Id like to eliminate one possiblity!

I'm wondering whether its the cds themselves? All my other games are
working fine. Could this be from illeagal copies of orignal cds?

What games are they, and what's your hardware. I once tried to run RoN on a
computer that didn't have the GC for it and got the same kind of error, some
kind of fatal exception I think.

Jan

"jkb" wrote:

> What games are they, and what's your hardware. I once tried to run RoN on a
> computer that didn't have the GC for it and got the same kind of error, some
> kind of fatal exception I think.
>
>whats GC?
The games are disney princess fashion boutique2, cinderellas dollhouse and
cinderellas fairy castles. Purchased via amazon marketplace not
shrinkwrapped they look ok and have booklets
My other disney games are working fine including one using quicktime n
directx which the 3 new ones use too.
Win982ndEdition IBM P3 500mhz 256kb ram Nvidia GF2 Mx400
Scanned with AVG, sybot chked, hijack scan looked fine

Could this be caused by the cds?

Not sure. Try cleaning the CDs and see what happens.

Jan

"jkb" wrote:

> Not sure. Try cleaning the CDs and see what happens.
>

> still got the problem I can look at demos on the cds but cant play the game

Is there any scratches on the underside of the CDs?