attachments

I use a Sony digital camera and the program is called,Picture Package. The
pictures are too big when recipients open them up but they look normal size
when I view them. How can I make the pictures smaller when I send them out as
an attachment?thank you.
4 answers Last reply
More about attachments

    Get the free Irfanview that Almost recommends and reduce the size of the
    pictures where the largest dimension is about 700 pixels or so (experiment
    on a *copy* of the picture to get the size you like). Also, when you save a
    picture, use the .jpg or .gif format as others such as .bmp can take up huge
    amounts of space.
    --
    Regards

    Ron Badour, MS MVP for W98
    Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
    Knowledge Base Info:

    "johng" <johng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I use a Sony digital camera and the program is called,Picture Package. The
    > pictures are too big when recipients open them up but they look normal
    > size
    > when I view them. How can I make the pictures smaller when I send them out
    > as
    > an attachment?thank you.

    That favorite freeware graphic viewer, http://www.irfanview.com Irfanview
    [image]
    [resize]

    --

    Adaware http://www.lavasoft.de
    spybot http://security.kolla.de

    "johng" <johng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I use a Sony digital camera and the program is called,Picture Package. The
    > pictures are too big when recipients open them up but they look normal
    size
    > when I view them. How can I make the pictures smaller when I send them out
    as
    > an attachment?thank you.

    there is a softwre photo resizer

    www,showyourphotos.com

    otherwise make a google search for <photo resizer>

    this reduces the photos for emailing

    ===============================
    johng <johng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I use a Sony digital camera and the program is called,Picture Package. The
    > pictures are too big when recipients open them up but they look normal
    size
    > when I view them. How can I make the pictures smaller when I send them out
    as
    > an attachment?thank you.

    Just a couple of things to add. You might suggest to the folks that receive
    your pictures that they also download Irfanview since there are probably
    other folks that send files to them that do not resize them first.
    Irfanview has the ability to view pictures in several sizes. My preference
    is to enlarge the IrfanView window and then go to View, Display options, Fit
    only big images to window. This setting allows small pictures to be viewed
    in their normal size (blowing them up too big will ruin the resolution) and
    will reduce large pictures to the size of your window for good viewing.

    I also want to stress what Ron said - that when you resize pictures,
    particularly if they are in the jpg format, that you work with a copy since
    each time you modify a jpg and save it, pixels are lost so the quality is
    not as good.

    PattyL

    "johng" <johng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I use a Sony digital camera and the program is called,Picture Package. The
    > pictures are too big when recipients open them up but they look normal
    > size
    > when I view them. How can I make the pictures smaller when I send them out
    > as
    > an attachment?thank you.

Sony Cameras Microsoft Windows