There is a problem burning this disck

todd3465

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
There is a problem burning this disk.
This disk does'nt have enough free space for all selected files.
Those are the two statements I get everytime I try to download my files to a disk. I tryed to reconfigure .net framework in my 'turn win on and off'. Also tried to reconfigure ATI Catalyst in some ways. Both to no avail.
Anything you pass would be appreciated. I am flustrated and about to do the unholy and wipe eveything out and start all over. I would loose everything and don't wish to go there. Thank you.

Lawrence Werline

dmroeder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
Also, what exactly are you trying to burn? And what is the total size of the data that you want to put in a disk?

By the description of your problem and what you have done to troubleshoot the problem I'm assuming that you are a complete amateur (not meant as an insult), so I have to ask the question, are you trying to put more data on a disk than it can fit?

todd3465

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Thanks for the reply; Yes, I am a new one. I have avoided computers because of an already busy life. They are unavoidable and now I am thrust with a couple of difficulties. I own an Inspiron 1546 Lappy with win 7 HP, 64bit-2.2-4G-320HD. I use it for personal w/media. I have an extensive listing now that I need to put in disk,(s). I have isolated segments to alow plenty of room for the Sony DVD-RW 4.7G disks. Some data, others photo's ect.. The ATI and .Net was for the win that has 'MOM implimentation' ,(not solved yet). I make sure I have enough space....Yet. Just MOM implimentation and disk downloading. No other problems.

dmroeder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
Here is what I would do:

Put a disk in, go to My Computer and open it, drag a single file into it (a picture) and click Burn to Disc (toward the upper left).

Personally, I wouldn't use the option "Use it like a USB drive".

Also, I don't think you answered hang-the-9's question: What software are you using to burn it? Are you letting Windows burn it, or do you have a 3rd party piece of software installed? (Nero, Roxio, etc).