DEFRAG cant get pas5 50%

Scandisk surface scan is ok.

Defrag can't seem to get past 50%.

It just keeps working as if its on a large file, the lights keep going, but
it doesn't get past that point.

Any ideas?

I would partition the hard drive so that I could put all large files on one
area and then I would not need to defrag it.

See the defrag and scandisk troubleshooters located here:
http://home.satx.rr.com/badour/html/how_to.html

What may be happening is that defrag is encountering a corrupt file.

--
Regards

Ron Badour, MS MVP for W98
Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
Knowledge Base Info:

"Travis" <dingdongy2k@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Scandisk surface scan is ok.
>
> Defrag can't seem to get past 50%.
>
> It just keeps working as if its on a large file, the lights keep going,
> but
> it doesn't get past that point.
>
> Any ideas?

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

Be sure your antivirus and all other applications
are not running when running defrag.

"Travis" wrote:
>Scandisk surface scan is ok.
>
>Defrag can’t seem to get past 50%.
>
>It just keeps working as if its on a large file, the lights keep
>going, but
>it doesn’t get past that point.
>
>Any ideas?

Did you try defragmenting in safe mode? Also you could try out a third
party defragmenter.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-DEFRAG-pas5-50-ftopict405791.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1350391