'File already in use/ open' message

September 14, 2004 11:55:38 PM

Hi all, hope you can help.

I've just set up a new e-machines PC for my wife running
XP Home. Whenever she opens a file the system says the
file is already in use/ open by (her signon name) and
that she should close the open file or choose to make a
copy. By dismissing the message she can proceed with her
work. I've duplicated the problem and made sure there are
no files open when the message appears and, yes, she's
the only user of this PC.

My question is - how to eliminate the message.

Thanks,

Pat Stubbs (her husband)

More about : file open message

September 19, 2004 2:46:32 PM

Jack, thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestion and
am still experiencing the same problem. Any further
direction? Thanks, Pat

to it. Delete your wife's account. reboot. create her
account again.
> Hi all, hope you can help.
>
> I've just set up a new e-machines PC for my wife
running
> XP Home. Whenever she opens a file the system says the
> file is already in use/ open by (her signon name) and
> that she should close the open file or choose to make
> copy. By dismissing the message she can proceed with
her
> work. I've duplicated the problem and made sure there
are
> no files open when the message appears and, yes, she's
> the only user of this PC.
>
> My question is - how to eliminate the message.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pat Stubbs (her husband)
September 25, 2004 8:49:12 AM

I have exactly the same problem . I'll try the suggested solution.

!