jpeg files

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
August 8, 2005 1:42:10 PM

When i tried to open jpeg files i get a message that 'Windows cannot find
'eViewer.exe', and this is needed to open files of this type...No where i
look in the KB i find no references to this file.

More about : jpeg files

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 5:21:38 PM

eViewer is part of your Fujifilm Camera software. Is the software still
installed?

To re-associate JPEG files: Shift+Right-click on a JPEG file already saved
to your hard-drive > Open with > Choose application (e.g., Internet
Explorer) and, if you want, also check the "Always open with..." box.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

newb wrote:
> When i tried to open jpeg files i get a message that 'Windows cannot find
> 'eViewer.exe', and this is needed to open files of this type...No where i
> look in the KB i find no references to this file.
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 5:53:57 PM

"newb" <newb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> When i tried to open jpeg files i get a message that 'Windows cannot find
> 'eViewer.exe', and this is needed to open files of this type...No where i
> look in the KB i find no references to this file.

1. Theory: FILE ASSOCIATION in Win98 links each
type of data file to the right application. Do
/ start / help / index
enter ASSOC
select ASSOCIATING FILE TYPES WITH PROGRAMS

2. Practice: the single best picture view is free from
www.irfanview.com
Download and instal it (and Associate this app with
all your pictorial files.)

3. The MS KB (Microsoft Knowledge Base) covers
only MS-owned software, not Fuji or Irfan software.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

I believe eViewer.exe is part of Ulead Photo Impact. Did you have or is it
still installed?

If you uninstalled it and don't want to use it, then get the free Irfanview as
mentioned by Don. Note that Irfanview is mainly a viewer with limited graphic
editing.

If you did not uninstall it and you want to use it, try reinstalling as it may
have become corrupt. One way to check if it still works is to open PI and then
try to open a jpeg image. If the image opens in PI:

Close PI
Open either Explorer or MyComputer
Navigate to one of the images
Left click once on a file you want to associate with a program to hilite it.
Next hold down the Shift key and right click on it to get the popup menu.
Select “Open With� from the list.
Select the program you want to open it with by left clicking it once.
Put a check in “Always open.......�
Click Apply/Ok.

**Note: You may find it better to leave “Always open.......� unchecked until
you are sure that you have the correct program you want to use. Once you are
sure of the program to use, then check it.

--

Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
http://basconotw.mvps.org/

Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm