VXD Error

Dear Win98 experts,

I have started receiving the fatal error exception from time to time in VXD
perf (01). It doesn't seem to be appearing as a result of any particular
function. Just on occasion it appears. Does anyone have any suggestions to
the nature of this error. Thank you in advance for your help!

Best, TJ
4 answers Last reply
More about error

    Did the error appear after you uninstalled a program ?

    "TJ" <TJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Dear Win98 experts,
    >
    > I have started receiving the fatal error exception from time to time in
    > VXD
    > perf (01). It doesn't seem to be appearing as a result of any particular
    > function. Just on occasion it appears. Does anyone have any suggestions to
    > the nature of this error. Thank you in advance for your help!
    >
    > Best, TJ

    Ted:

    No program has been uninstalled on the last few months. Does this error
    occur when a program is removed?

    "Ted" wrote:

    > Did the error appear after you uninstalled a program ?
    >

    > "TJ" <TJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Dear Win98 experts,
    > >
    > > I have started receiving the fatal error exception from time to time in
    > > VXD
    > > perf (01). It doesn't seem to be appearing as a result of any particular
    > > function. Just on occasion it appears. Does anyone have any suggestions to
    > > the nature of this error. Thank you in advance for your help!
    > >
    > > Best, TJ

    If you uninstalled Roxio, ASPI drivers, or hardware drivers.
    How about USB drivers ?

    > Ted:
    >
    > No program has been uninstalled on the last few months. Does this error
    > occur when a program is removed?
    >

    > "Ted" wrote:
    >
    >> Did the error appear after you uninstalled a program ?
    >>

    >> "TJ" <TJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Dear Win98 experts,
    >> >
    >> > I have started receiving the fatal error exception from time to time in
    >> > VXD
    >> > perf (01). It doesn't seem to be appearing as a result of any
    >> > particular
    >> > function. Just on occasion it appears. Does anyone have any suggestions
    >> > the nature of this error. Thank you in advance for your help!
    >> >
    >> > Best, TJ

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q149962
    How to Troubleshoot Windows Protection Error Messages

    http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/winproer.htm
    Henri Leboeuf's "protection" articles.

    http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?fr=0&SD=GN&LN=EN-US MSKB
    Search "Perf"; Windows 98; Full Text; Only produces...

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;263466
    Error Message: Initializing Device IOS Windows Protection Error
    (263466) - When you start your computer, you may receive the following
    error message: Initializing Device IOS: Windows Protection Error When
    you try to restart your computer in Safe mode, you may receive the same
    error message.

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    "TJ" <TJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | Dear Win98 experts,
    |
    | I have started receiving the fatal error exception from time to time
    in VXD
    | perf (01). It doesn't seem to be appearing as a result of any
    particular
    | function. Just on occasion it appears. Does anyone have any
    suggestions to
    | the nature of this error. Thank you in advance for your help!
    |
    | Best, TJ

Microsoft Windows