VXD Error

TJ

Dear Win98 experts,

I have started receiving the fatal error exception from time to time in VXD
perf (01). It doesn't seem to be appearing as a result of any particular
function. Just on occasion it appears. Does anyone have any suggestions to
the nature of this error. Thank you in advance for your help!

Best, TJ

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

Did the error appear after you uninstalled a program ?

"TJ" <TJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear Win98 experts,
>
> I have started receiving the fatal error exception from time to time in
> VXD
> perf (01). It doesn't seem to be appearing as a result of any particular
> function. Just on occasion it appears. Does anyone have any suggestions to
> the nature of this error. Thank you in advance for your help!
>
> Best, TJ

TJ

Ted:

No program has been uninstalled on the last few months. Does this error
occur when a program is removed?

"Ted" wrote:

> Did the error appear after you uninstalled a program ?
>

> "TJ" <TJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Dear Win98 experts,
> >
> > I have started receiving the fatal error exception from time to time in
> > VXD
> > perf (01). It doesn't seem to be appearing as a result of any particular
> > function. Just on occasion it appears. Does anyone have any suggestions to
> > the nature of this error. Thank you in advance for your help!
> >
> > Best, TJ

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

If you uninstalled Roxio, ASPI drivers, or hardware drivers.
How about USB drivers ?

> Ted:
>
> No program has been uninstalled on the last few months. Does this error
> occur when a program is removed?
>

> "Ted" wrote:
>
>> Did the error appear after you uninstalled a program ?
>>

>> "TJ" <TJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Dear Win98 experts,
>> >
>> > I have started receiving the fatal error exception from time to time in
>> > VXD
>> > perf (01). It doesn't seem to be appearing as a result of any
>> > particular
>> > function. Just on occasion it appears. Does anyone have any suggestions
>> > the nature of this error. Thank you in advance for your help!
>> >
>> > Best, TJ

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q149962
How to Troubleshoot Windows Protection Error Messages

http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/winproer.htm
Henri Leboeuf's "protection" articles.

http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?fr=0&SD=GN&LN=EN-US MSKB
Search "Perf"; Windows 98; Full Text; Only produces...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;263466
Error Message: Initializing Device IOS Windows Protection Error
(263466) - When you start your computer, you may receive the following
error message: Initializing Device IOS: Windows Protection Error When
you try to restart your computer in Safe mode, you may receive the same
error message.

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,