not a valid Win32 application.

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
August 12, 2005 7:17:42 PM

Folks,
I have Windows XP on my machine and I downloaded Oracle 9.0.2 from
Oracle website and when I unzip the files and click on Setup.exe, I get
the message c:\downloads\disk1\setup.exe is not a valid Win32
application.

I did complete virusscan, rebooted the machine, tried to unzip the
files into a different folder and everytime I am getting the same
message.

Can anyone help me in fixing this.

Thanks.
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 10:26:39 PM

1. WinXP-specific newsgroup:

2. See
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows...
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User) & Security, AH-VSOP

gopichand.sukhavasi@gmail.com wrote:
> Folks,
> I have Windows XP on my machine and I downloaded Oracle 9.0.2 from
> Oracle website and when I unzip the files and click on Setup.exe, I get
> the message c:\downloads\disk1\setup.exe is not a valid Win32
> application.
>
> I did complete virusscan, rebooted the machine, tried to unzip the
> files into a different folder and everytime I am getting the same
> message.
>
> Can anyone help me in fixing this.
>
> Thanks.
Anonymous
August 13, 2005 2:23:00 AM

In addition to Robear's suggestion that you ask this in a WinXP group, you may also
want to take a look here:
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

!