not a valid Win32 application.

Folks,
I have Windows XP on my machine and I downloaded Oracle 9.0.2 from
Oracle website and when I unzip the files and click on Setup.exe, I get
the message c:\downloads\disk1\setup.exe is not a valid Win32
application.

I did complete virusscan, rebooted the machine, tried to unzip the
files into a different folder and everytime I am getting the same
message.

Can anyone help me in fixing this.

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about valid win32 application

    1. WinXP-specific newsgroup:

    2. See
    http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/search?q=%22not+a+valid+win32+application%22+%2B+xp+site:microsoft.com&start=0&scoring=d&hl=en
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User) & Security, AH-VSOP

    gopichand.sukhavasi@gmail.com wrote:
    > Folks,
    > I have Windows XP on my machine and I downloaded Oracle 9.0.2 from
    > Oracle website and when I unzip the files and click on Setup.exe, I get
    > the message c:\downloads\disk1\setup.exe is not a valid Win32
    > application.
    >
    > I did complete virusscan, rebooted the machine, tried to unzip the
    > files into a different folder and everytime I am getting the same
    > message.
    >
    > Can anyone help me in fixing this.
    >
    > Thanks.

    In addition to Robear's suggestion that you ask this in a WinXP group, you may also
    want to take a look here:
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    <gopichand.sukhavasi@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Folks,
    > I have Windows XP on my machine and I downloaded Oracle 9.0.2 from
    > Oracle website and when I unzip the files and click on Setup.exe, I get
    > the message c:\downloads\disk1\setup.exe is not a valid Win32
    > application.
    >
    > I did complete virusscan, rebooted the machine, tried to unzip the
    > files into a different folder and everytime I am getting the same
    > message.
    >
    > Can anyone help me in fixing this.
    >
    > Thanks.

Oracle Windows