Audio From the AF crash

I've downloaded the file 1530 - 1600 but it only has about 15 mins of audio
and I can find the place were they are talking to AF 358 is there a problem
with the file or am I missing something?

thx

73's

VE5JL

Beech45Whiskey <pjricc@gmail.com> wrote:

>Someone in the piloting newsgroup stated that there are reports that the AF
>aircraft had gone missed approach during its first attempt due to winds and
>this was its second attempt. If that is indeed true, this should all be on
>the LiveATC archive, but so far no one has found evidence of this claim in
>the clips.

The German news magazine, Der Spiegel, also reports a go around.

-=tom=-

Yes thank you for the tip. The last time I tired I got 78% and just a few
words from AF pilot who was going for the ILS landing. I hope to get more of
it.

VE5JL wrote:

> I've downloaded the file 1530 - 1600 but it only has about 15 mins of audio
> and I can find the place were they are talking to AF 358 is there a problem
> with the file or am I missing something?
>
> thx
>
> 73's
>
> VE5JL

The liveatc files are recordings of the approach controller, who can be
heard guiding AF358 to the ILS intercept. Surely AF358 would be
communicating with tower by the time the accident happened?
On the next time slice (1600- ) the controller tells a pilot to go
round because 24L is closed with a plane overrun.

T.

my downloads keep getting cut off, although i have the one from the 3rd at
130am with a frieght guy talking about how stupid the news guys was ... lol.

even i had to laugh at them, and i dont know anything myself either.

--
From Overlag - Adam Webb

"VE5JL" <ve5jl@ve5jlHATES_SPAM.com> wrote in message
> I've downloaded the file 1530 - 1600 but it only has about 15 mins of
> audio
> and I can find the place were they are talking to AF 358 is there a
> problem
> with the file or am I missing something?
>
> thx
>
> 73's
>
> VE5JL

> The liveatc files are recordings of the approach controller, who can be
> heard guiding AF358 to the ILS intercept. Surely AF358 would be
> communicating with tower by the time the accident happened?
> On the next time slice (1600- ) the controller tells a pilot to go round
> because 24L is closed with a plane overrun.

yes its the approach controler so you dont follow the guy down to the
ground.

thats why the 1600 clip goes awfully quiet at about 1630... because no one
approaching anymore

--
From Overlag - Adam Webb

I have that one too thax to a tip on this NG.

I always find it funny where they get their 'experts' from.

"Adam Webb" <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
> my downloads keep getting cut off, although i have the one from the 3rd at
> 130am with a frieght guy talking about how stupid the news guys was ...
lol.

> even i had to laugh at them, and i dont know anything myself either.
>
> --
> From Overlag - Adam Webb
>

> "VE5JL" <ve5jl@ve5jlHATES_SPAM.com> wrote in message
> > I've downloaded the file 1530 - 1600 but it only has about 15 mins of
> > audio
> > and I can find the place were they are talking to AF 358 is there a
> > problem
> > with the file or am I missing something?
> >
> > thx
> >
> > 73's
> >
> > VE5JL

NEWS

August 3, 2005 To download the sound files from the Air France crash,
please use this torrent link. (BitTorrent required).

This is from the site liveatc.net AND IT WORKS!!!

"VE5JL" <ve5jl@ve5jlHATES_SPAM.com> wrote in message
> I've downloaded the file 1530 - 1600 but it only has about 15 mins of
audio
> and I can find the place were they are talking to AF 358 is there a
problem
> with the file or am I missing something?
>
> thx
>
> 73's
>
> VE5JL

begin 666 new.gif
M1TE&.#EA' `+`)$"`````/_6`/___P```"'Y! $```(`+ `````<``L`0 )
ME(^I:^'G@)2N5A% @%KG;WEBM#6::54G>J$8Y95?MWW,C2-/LT-]JZ.\,A-:
5B,0A=82@D<TUC*F6M=XB9=4]"@`[
`
end

Until this thread started I was unaware of http://audio.liveatc.net/.
I am however unable to use it here. The OS is XP/Sp2 & I'm using
Windows Media Player 10. When I click on one of the listen buttons WMP
starts if not already on and the Locating Media gizmo near the bottom
starts moving back & forth eventually timing out. The drop down says
"WMP unable to connect to the server". Using either of the supplied
URL's have the same result. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Glenn

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 03:59:12 GMT, gswiebeREMOVE_THIS@mts.net wrote:

>Until this thread started I was unaware of http://audio.liveatc.net/.
>I am however unable to use it here. The OS is XP/Sp2 & I'm using
>Windows Media Player 10. When I click on one of the listen buttons WMP
>starts if not already on and the Locating Media gizmo near the bottom
>starts moving back & forth eventually timing out. The drop down says
>"WMP unable to connect to the server". Using either of the supplied
>URL's have the same result. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?
>
>Thanks
>
>Glenn

When I first tried it , in said I couldn't open the file either and
then it worked the second time. The default audio player on my PC is
Dells Music match Jukebox, on a XP PC.

Bob

This morning as I was looking in the bathroom mirror scraping my face
I remembered that the problem could be in my ZoneAlarm settings which
turned out to be the case. Well, anyway partially. I can now receive
the active monitoring stations but cannot retrieve any archives.