Photo Printing Software (1)"8x10"=(2)5"x7"=(3)4"x6"...

I am looking for recomendations on the best photo printing software for
printing multiple images/photo sizes on a single sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" photo
paper. I already use Paint Shop Pro and other software for touching up the
photos but I am looking for something that is simple and straigtforward for
the printing layout. Maybe this might have cropping capabilities or
crop/stretch to maintain aspect ratios for popular photo sizes.

Thanks for your time and attention in this matter.

Tom Haughton
7 answers Last reply
More about photo printing software 8x10

    "Tom Haughton" <THaughton@Graffiti.Net> wrote in message
    >I am looking for recommendations on the best photo printing software for
    > printing multiple images/photo sizes on a single sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" photo
    > paper.

    I use Photo Paper Saver, available from
    http://www.fpdoctor.com/pps/main/main-j-0-0.html. The trial version will print
    up to two pages at a time and automatically crops. The full version does not
    have a page limit and allows you to select the cropping. This program will
    automatically place multiple photos of multiple sizes optimally on a sheet or
    number of sheets.

    I have no interest in this product other than as a satisfied customer.

    Regards,

    On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 05:48:05 -0800, in comp.periphs.printers "Tom
    Haughton" <THaughton@Graffiti.Net> wrote:

    >I am looking for recomendations on the best photo printing software for
    >printing multiple images/photo sizes on a single sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" photo
    >paper. I already use Paint Shop Pro and other software for touching up the
    >photos but I am looking for something that is simple and straigtforward for
    >the printing layout. Maybe this might have cropping capabilities or
    >crop/stretch to maintain aspect ratios for popular photo sizes.

    Qimage - http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage

    ACD FotoSlate is super easy, and there is a free trial:
    http://www.acdsystems.com/English/Products/FotoSlate/index.htm

    "Tom Haughton" <THaughton@Graffiti.Net> wrote in message
    >I am looking for recomendations on the best photo printing software
    >for
    > printing multiple images/photo sizes on a single sheet of 8 1/2" x
    > 11" photo
    > paper.

    After having read the post answers to your question I will give you my
    preference. My Canon i960 will do borderless 4x6, 5x7, and 8.5x11 prints.
    I use Photoshop Elements 2 (and have PE3 on my desk to install when I get a
    chance), and can crop to a specific size print (Will Paint Shop Pro do
    that?) When I buy a new box of paper - Costco glossy photo paper usually -
    I get my paper cutter out, set the guide bar to the size cuts I want, and
    cut most of the box into 5x7s and 4x6s. It is very fast cutting the paper
    to size before printing as you just have to line up the paper with the
    preset guide bar on the cutter. If you cut the prints out after printing
    several to a page it is much more time consuming as you need to carefully
    align the paper in the cutter for each side's cut. If I want to print a
    size other than those mentioned above I just print to the next larger format
    that I have precut and trim after printing. If you generally print 4x6 or
    5x7 it is much easier to precut a lot of paper and use a printer such as the
    I960 that does borderless prints in these sizes. The time you save is worth
    buying a printer that will work this way.

    "Tom Haughton" <THaughton@Graffiti.Net> wrote in message
    >I am looking for recomendations on the best photo printing software for
    > printing multiple images/photo sizes on a single sheet of 8 1/2" x 11"
    > photo
    > paper. I already use Paint Shop Pro and other software for touching up
    > the
    > photos but I am looking for something that is simple and straigtforward
    > for
    > the printing layout. Maybe this might have cropping capabilities or
    > crop/stretch to maintain aspect ratios for popular photo sizes.
    >
    > Thanks for your time and attention in this matter.
    >
    > Tom Haughton

    "Tom Haughton" <THaughton@Graffiti.Net> wrote in message
    >I am looking for recomendations on the best photo printing software for
    > printing multiple images/photo sizes on a single sheet of 8 1/2" x 11"
    > photo
    > paper. I already use Paint Shop Pro and other software for touching up
    > the
    > photos but I am looking for something that is simple and straigtforward
    > for
    > the printing layout. Maybe this might have cropping capabilities or
    > crop/stretch to maintain aspect ratios for popular photo sizes.

    PhotoShop Elements 2.0 or higher

    Paint Shop Pro does exactly what you want to do. See the Help file under
    Print layouts.

    HTH, Bob

    On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:06:50 -0500, Ed Ruf <egruf_usenet@cox.net> wrote:

    >On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 05:48:05 -0800, in comp.periphs.printers "Tom
    >Haughton" <THaughton@Graffiti.Net> wrote:
    >
    >>I am looking for recomendations on the best photo printing software for
    >>printing multiple images/photo sizes on a single sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" photo
    >>paper. I already use Paint Shop Pro and other software for touching up the
    >>photos but I am looking for something that is simple and straigtforward for
    >>the printing layout. Maybe this might have cropping capabilities or
    >>crop/stretch to maintain aspect ratios for popular photo sizes.
    >
    >Qimage - http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage

    Yes a must..

Printers Photo Software Peripherals