Problem with Windows then boots up...

Archived from groups: comp.windows,microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

I have a problem I can't get rid of.
At my work, we uses English version of MS Windows XP.
Yesterday I was forced to install an old software. The software has no
possibilities to change where to install the program :(

Because the software is in Swedish, it wants to install it under
C:\Program and not C:\Program Files\.

The problem is after you had installed it. Then you boot up Windows
XP, Windows Explorer always opens up in C:\Program Files.

I had seen that before.. But I cant remember the solution..
Has any seen it? Maybe not the folder C:\Program, but in a similar
manner.

Must find the solution so we can get rid of the problem.

Thanks..

Archived from groups: comp.windows,microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Have you tried opening TWO "explorer" windows, one showing C:\Program
directory, the other, C:\Program Files, then select/move the software folder
from C:\Program to C:\Program Files? (then put a shortcut on yr desktop to
the exe file?)
Alternatively, why not just do a desktop shortcut to where the program is
now? This last solution would be best if your program data files are (by
default) stored in C:\Program\your software prog folder, as might be the
case from your description of prog functionality ...Please post if this
solves yr prob
HTH Len
"Zymatix" <zymatix@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a problem I can't get rid of.
> At my work, we uses English version of MS Windows XP.
> Yesterday I was forced to install an old software. The software has no
> possibilities to change where to install the program :(
>
> Because the software is in Swedish, it wants to install it under
> C:\Program and not C:\Program Files\.
>
> The problem is after you had installed it. Then you boot up Windows
> XP, Windows Explorer always opens up in C:\Program Files.
>
> I had seen that before.. But I cant remember the solution..
> Has any seen it? Maybe not the folder C:\Program, but in a similar
> manner.
>
> Must find the solution so we can get rid of the problem.
>
> Thanks..

Archived from groups: comp.windows,microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

I wont help..
The program that I have problem with is Imaging Professional... If u
know that program? I cant move the folder from C:\program to
c:\program files\ becouse the folder contains a lot of dll files
etc....

There must be some way to disable this problem??

On 15 Sep 2004 00:07:38 -0700, Zymatix wrote:

> I have a problem I can't get rid of.
> At my work, we uses English version of MS Windows XP.
> Yesterday I was forced to install an old software. The software has no
> possibilities to change where to install the program :(
>
> Because the software is in Swedish, it wants to install it under
> C:\Program and not C:\Program Files\.
>
> The problem is after you had installed it. Then you boot up Windows
> XP, Windows Explorer always opens up in C:\Program Files.
>
> I had seen that before.. But I cant remember the solution..
> Has any seen it? Maybe not the folder C:\Program, but in a similar
> manner.
>
> Must find the solution so we can get rid of the problem.
>
> Thanks..

Usually when Explorer opens at start up to a folder in Program Files, it's
because a startup call is incomplete or it contains a long path that is not
enclosed in quotes.

You can use Start> Run> MSCFONFIG or System Information> Software
Environment> Startup to find out where the calls for launching startup
programs are located at. Check each one at its source. If you find an
incomplete path, edit it to the complete path or delete it. Add quotes to
paths with long file names, if necessary.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User