Disk Clean up

First of all, I don't know if I am in the right newsgroup, but if I am not,
sorry. My question is this: I am trying to do a disk clean up & after the
computer calculates what needs to be cleaned up, I hit clean up, it freezes &
nothing happens. I have to hit control, alt, delete because it says "Not
responding". What can I do to correct this problem?

Thanks

"5hulses" <5hulses@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> First of all, I don't know if I am in the right newsgroup, but if I am
not,
> sorry. My question is this: I am trying to do a disk clean up & after the
> computer calculates what needs to be cleaned up, I hit clean up, it
freezes &
> nothing happens. I have to hit control, alt, delete because it says "Not
> responding". What can I do to correct this problem?

What app are you using for this process? (The only
MS item is CLEANUP.EXE which is called by
Outlook Express i.e. does not run as a standalone.)
What is the name of the app that is NOT RESPONDING ?

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Try running Disk Cleanup with all your background apps closed:
Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and End Task on everything except Explorer and Systray. Then
start Disk Cleanup and see if it still freezes.

What options do you have check-marked to be performed in Disk Cleanup? Try
unchecking some and running it, to see if one of the options may be the trouble.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"5hulses" <5hulses@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> First of all, I don't know if I am in the right newsgroup, but if I am not,
> sorry. My question is this: I am trying to do a disk clean up & after the
> computer calculates what needs to be cleaned up, I hit clean up, it freezes &
> nothing happens. I have to hit control, alt, delete because it says "Not
> responding". What can I do to correct this problem?
>
> Thanks

"5hulses" <5hulses@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> First of all, I don't know if I am in the right newsgroup, but if I am
not,
> sorry. My question is this: I am trying to do a disk clean up & after
the
> computer calculates what needs to be cleaned up, I hit clean up, it
freezes &
> nothing happens. I have to hit control, alt, delete because it says
"Not
> responding". What can I do to correct this problem?
>
> Thanks

You did not say if you selected 'End Task' and what response you
received.

Also you say, "I don't know if I am in the right newsgroup" but you do
not give details of your OS so no-one can determine whether or not you
are in the correct forum.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"Don Phillipson" <d.phillipson@ttrryytteell.com> wrote in message
> "5hulses" <5hulses@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > First of all, I don't know if I am in the right newsgroup, but if I am
> not,
> > sorry. My question is this: I am trying to do a disk clean up & after the
> > computer calculates what needs to be cleaned up, I hit clean up, it
> freezes &
> > nothing happens. I have to hit control, alt, delete because it says "Not
> > responding". What can I do to correct this problem?
>
> What app are you using for this process? (The only
> MS item is CLEANUP.EXE which is called by
> Outlook Express i.e. does not run as a standalone.)

Start,Programs,Accessories,System Tools, Disk Cleanup