  • Printers
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
August 15, 2005 12:20:03 PM

Win98SE and HP-3550 Printer

My existing printer has been installed and work for a long while

Today I got the message that USB002 was unavailable for Network
Printing
(Odd as I thought USB connected printers were local !)

After several attempts to check the USB port, printer connections etc
etc - Ports fine, cable ok
I deleted the printer, when I add it back in as a local printer
I don't have a USB port to choose from (LPT1, FILE etc all present)

I've rebooted, searched for hardware, my other usb device works fine
in the same port...

any ideas ?

--

Steve

More about : usb port printer

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 12:20:04 PM

My printer, an Epson, requires use of a program that comes with the
printer. This program creates a local port named PRT, and thn one
tells Windows to access the printer via PRT.
Bill Starbuck (MVP)
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 5:57:20 PM

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 05:28:53 -0700, Bill Starbuck
<no_email@please.com> wrote:

>My printer, an Epson, requires use of a program that comes with the
>printer. This program creates a local port named PRT, and thn one
>tells Windows to access the printer via PRT.
>Bill Starbuck (MVP)

good thinking

I'll re-install as per HP instructions...

--

Steve