IE6.0 SP1- KB896727 & IPF in Module Explorer.exe??

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
August 15, 2005 5:53:49 PM

Is it just a coincidence....?
First got "can't find shlwapi.dll" after rebooting when update KB896727 was
installed. This dll was no longer present in system folder. Making
unbootable drive a slave....was able to copy said dll into system folder.

When rebooted now getting "Explorer caused an invalid page fault in module
Explorer.exe at 018f:00401f31" Can't go into safe mode.
Tried Article ID: 296211 fix....no change!!!
Tried Article ID: 293174 fix....when rebooting after shell=program.exe
change, got message that couldn't load program!!!!
Any advice appreciated!
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 7:23:46 PM

Did you have other IE windows open and was your anti-virus application
running in background when you installed 896727 via Windows Update?

What version of SHLWAPI.DLL did you copy into system folder?

[Can anyone else here who has successfully installed 896727 confirm that
SHLWAPI.DLL is now v6.0.2800.1692? If it's not, what version is it?]
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Patreply wrote:
> Is it just a coincidence....?
> First got "can't find shlwapi.dll" after rebooting when update KB896727
> was installed. This dll was no longer present in system folder. Making
> unbootable drive a slave....was able to copy said dll into system folder.
>
> When rebooted now getting "Explorer caused an invalid page fault in module
> Explorer.exe at 018f:00401f31" Can't go into safe mode.
> Tried Article ID: 296211 fix....no change!!!
> Tried Article ID: 293174 fix....when rebooting after shell=program.exe
> change, got message that couldn't load program!!!!
> Any advice appreciated!
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 7:25:55 PM

Patreply wrote:
> Is it just a coincidence....?
> First got "can't find shlwapi.dll" after rebooting when update KB896727
> was installed. This dll was no longer present in system folder. Making
> unbootable drive a slave....was able to copy said dll into system folder.
>
> When rebooted now getting "Explorer caused an invalid page fault in
> module Explorer.exe at 018f:00401f31" Can't go into safe mode.
> Tried Article ID: 296211 fix....no change!!!
> Tried Article ID: 293174 fix....when rebooting after shell=program.exe
> change, got message that couldn't load program!!!!
> Any advice appreciated!

I can see looking at my tracking software logs that it is true that the
shlwapi.dll does get replaced with this latest update of which not only
that but 10 other files from the same System folder get replaced too, but
the swap only takes place during the reboot process via the set6112.tmp
through set8116.tmp files where it draws them from, and so if after you
rebooted you did not even have the previous shlwapi.dll or the new one then
it possibly suggests something went awry in your install as also indicated
with your other errors - which may point to some of those other files that
were suppose to be replaced were possibly lost as well. I would suggest be
sure your AV and any other similar programs be temporally turned off first
so they don't interfere with the install process - and then simply
reinstall the update..

Rick
August 15, 2005 8:10:04 PM

PA Bear wrote:
> Did you have other IE windows open and was your anti-virus application
> running in background when you installed 896727 via Windows Update?
>
> What version of SHLWAPI.DLL did you copy into system folder?
>
> [Can anyone else here who has successfully installed 896727 confirm that
> SHLWAPI.DLL is now v6.0.2800.1692? If it's not, what version is it?]

Yes and this is what it says:
copy/paste:
6.00.2800.1692 (xpsp2.050524-1552)

Rick

> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP
>

> Patreply wrote:
>> Is it just a coincidence....?
>> First got "can't find shlwapi.dll" after rebooting when update KB896727
>> was installed. This dll was no longer present in system folder. Making
>> unbootable drive a slave....was able to copy said dll into system
>> folder.
>>
>> When rebooted now getting "Explorer caused an invalid page fault in
>> module Explorer.exe at 018f:00401f31" Can't go into safe mode.
>> Tried Article ID: 296211 fix....no change!!!
>> Tried Article ID: 293174 fix....when rebooting after shell=program.exe
>> change, got message that couldn't load program!!!!
>> Any advice appreciated!
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 8:17:31 PM

<wink> Thanks, Rick.

Rick Chauvin wrote:
> PA Bear wrote:
> > Did you have other IE windows open and was your anti-virus application
> > running in background when you installed 896727 via Windows Update?
> >
> > What version of SHLWAPI.DLL did you copy into system folder?
> >
> > [Can anyone else here who has successfully installed 896727 confirm that
> > SHLWAPI.DLL is now v6.0.2800.1692? If it's not, what version is it?]
>

> Yes and this is what it says:
> copy/paste:
> 6.00.2800.1692 (xpsp2.050524-1552)
>
> Rick
>
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP
> >

> > Patreply wrote:
> > > Is it just a coincidence....?
> > > First got "can't find shlwapi.dll" after rebooting when update
> > > KB896727 was installed. This dll was no longer present in system
> > > folder. Making unbootable drive a slave....was able to copy said dll
> > > into system folder.
> > >
> > > When rebooted now getting "Explorer caused an invalid page fault in
> > > module Explorer.exe at 018f:00401f31" Can't go into safe mode.
> > > Tried Article ID: 296211 fix....no change!!!
> > > Tried Article ID: 293174 fix....when rebooting after shell=program.exe
> > > change, got message that couldn't load program!!!!
> > > Any advice appreciated!
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 8:50:52 PM

Error in posting!

shlwapi.dll=6.00.2800.1612 (xpsp2.041207-1145)

Norton 2004 AV was running....

Could you post the names of all the files that were changed during the
update.
How can I update again...if I can't boot up....not even in safe mode?
Can I update IE on the slave drive? In Dos?
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 9:21:32 PM

Were you replying to me? Please include previous message(s) in your replies
to the newsgroup.

Is the machine in question running Win98? (Looks like you copied a WinXP
file into Win98: Not a good idea.)
--
~PA Bear

Patreply wrote:
> Error in posting!
>
> shlwapi.dll=6.00.2800.1612 (xpsp2.041207-1145)
>
> Norton 2004 AV was running....
>
> Could you post the names of all the files that were changed during the
> update.
> How can I update again...if I can't boot up....not even in safe mode?
> Can I update IE on the slave drive? In Dos?
<paste>
PA Bear wrote:
> Did you have other IE windows open and was your anti-virus application
> running in background when you installed 896727 via Windows Update?
>
> What version of SHLWAPI.DLL did you copy into system folder?
>
> Patreply wrote:
> > Is it just a coincidence....?
> > First got "can't find shlwapi.dll" after rebooting when update KB896727
> > was installed. This dll was no longer present in system folder. Making
> > unbootable drive a slave....was able to copy said dll into system
> > folder.
> >
> > When rebooted now getting "Explorer caused an invalid page fault in
> > module Explorer.exe at 018f:00401f31" Can't go into safe mode.
> > Tried Article ID: 296211 fix....no change!!!
> > Tried Article ID: 293174 fix....when rebooting after shell=program.exe
> > change, got message that couldn't load program!!!!
> > Any advice appreciated!
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 9:54:49 PM

Patreply wrote:
> Error in posting!
>
> shlwapi.dll=6.00.2800.1612 (xpsp2.041207-1145)
>
> Norton 2004 AV was running....
>
> Could you post the names of all the files that were changed during the
> update.
> How can I update again...if I can't boot up....not even in safe mode?
> Can I update IE on the slave drive? In Dos?

If you cannot boot it then no there is no easy way to install the Complete
update Properly from dos really because of registry and other entries,
although yes as you have already done if you have access to backup then you
can use those to manually copy the files back in dos if you have access to
them from backup just in case they are not there too. (another plug why
partition image backups are a must! ..and gives you easy simple complete
restore capability)

Be sure when you can boot, or better yet before put the filename back that
glee mentions too. When you can boot just reinstall the update as
mentioned before with any extras turned off and hopefully the reinstall
will put things in order. (fwiw I prefer to put all files from Windows
Update into my catalogue basket and then do the install offline, although I
realize for the normal person that may be to complicated or unnecessary)

The other files that the update replaces in the System folder are:
copy/paste:

Browseui.dll
Cdfview.dll
Iepeers.dll
Inseng.dll
Mshtml.dll
Msrating.dll
Pngfilt.dll
Shdocvw.dll
Shlwapi.dll
Urlmon.dll
Wininet.dll

There are other files in the CatRoot folder that are changed, and etc.. and
plenty of registry changes that are needed and so again let the actual
re-install tidy these things up after you are able to boot.

Rick
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 9:55:23 PM

PA Bear wrote:
> Were you replying to me? Please include previous message(s) in your
> replies to the newsgroup.
>
> Is the machine in question running Win98? (Looks like you copied a WinXP
> file into Win98: Not a good idea.)
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> Patreply wrote:
>> Error in posting!
>>
>> shlwapi.dll=6.00.2800.1612 (xpsp2.041207-1145)

Robear, as I mentioned in my reply to you with my copy/paste of the file
info from it's properties, that's exactly what the file says from the W98
install - check your files properties to see it yourself:

shlwapi.dll=6.00.2800.1612 (xpsp2.041207-1145)

Rick

>> Norton 2004 AV was running....
>>
>> Could you post the names of all the files that were changed during the
>> update.
>> How can I update again...if I can't boot up....not even in safe mode?
>> Can I update IE on the slave drive? In Dos?
> <paste>
> PA Bear wrote:
>> Did you have other IE windows open and was your anti-virus application
>> running in background when you installed 896727 via Windows Update?
>>
>> What version of SHLWAPI.DLL did you copy into system folder?
>>
>> Patreply wrote:
>> > Is it just a coincidence....?
>> > First got "can't find shlwapi.dll" after rebooting when update
>> > KB896727 was installed. This dll was no longer present in system
>> > folder. Making unbootable drive a slave....was able to copy said dll
>> > into system folder.
>> >
>> > When rebooted now getting "Explorer caused an invalid page fault in
>> > module Explorer.exe at 018f:00401f31" Can't go into safe mode.
>> > Tried Article ID: 296211 fix....no change!!!
>> > Tried Article ID: 293174 fix....when rebooting after shell=program.exe
>> > change, got message that couldn't load program!!!!
>> > Any advice appreciated!
August 15, 2005 11:58:20 PM

Rick Chauvin wrote:
> Patreply wrote:
> > Is it just a coincidence....?
> > First got "can't find shlwapi.dll" after rebooting when update KB896727
> > was installed. This dll was no longer present in system folder. Making
> > unbootable drive a slave....was able to copy said dll into system folder.
> >
> > When rebooted now getting "Explorer caused an invalid page fault in
> > module Explorer.exe at 018f:00401f31" Can't go into safe mode.
> > Tried Article ID: 296211 fix....no change!!!
> > Tried Article ID: 293174 fix....when rebooting after shell=program.exe
> > change, got message that couldn't load program!!!!
> > Any advice appreciated!
>
> I can see looking at my tracking software logs that it is true that the
> shlwapi.dll does get replaced with this latest update of which not only
> that but 10 other files from the same System folder get replaced too, but
> the swap only takes place during the reboot process via the set6112.tmp
> through set8116.tmp files where it draws them from, and so if after you
> rebooted you did not even have the previous shlwapi.dll or the new one then
> it possibly suggests something went awry in your install as also indicated
> with your other errors - which may point to some of those other files that
> were suppose to be replaced were possibly lost as well. I would suggest be
> sure your AV and any other similar programs be temporally turned off first
> so they don't interfere with the install process - and then simply
> reinstall the update..
>
> Rick

Hi, Rick. PCR and I have confirmed that each machine gets it's own
unique set of temporary numbered file names so going by that alone is
not a good idea. You will get a different run of numbers if you were
to run the update a second time as well. If Patreply wanted to
investigate the issue in DOS mode he well might find the temporary
named shlwapi.dll alive and well and just needing some renaming in his
Windows\System folder. The clue would be held in the Wininit.bak file,
so in DOS Patreply could do:
type c:\windows\wininit.bak

and read the line that corresponds to shlwapi.dll file and deduce the
temporary file name from that same line. Then:
ren c:\windows\System\set1186.tmp shlwapi.dll

and then a reboot might be all he needs to get going right away? Of
course, in the example above 'set1186.tmp' would need to be changed for
whatever name that Patreply's own wininit.bak file states the temp name
to be.

Then reapply the update to be sure that all files got copied to where
they need to live at and the registry is brought up to speed as well, I
agree there hands down. He can get the stand alone, offline version
from the Catalog site,
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/

Shlwapi.dll seems to be the only file to do this for some unknown
reason. Shlwapi.dll is needed to run 32 bit processes which includes
Windows and running of the update itself so the above DOS 'cheat' or a
second machine to use to put the shlwapi.dll on a floppy for DOS
transfer that way are the only ways back to life. Reinstalling Windows
is all that is left to do with such a machine?

When people try the progman or winfile solution on this one they often
get misleading 'out of memory' error reports trying to run ie6setup.exe
which is yet another 32 bit process that will not run without a working
shlwapi.dll file. An older version of shlwapi.dll will work here but
sometimes lead to unique errors that should go away once the correct
versioned file is in place. My fear is that once a machine is back
running with an older file, the user will NOT take a chance and rerun
the update as he very much should. Still wondering why shlwapi.dll
goes missing like this from time to time...
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 1:53:36 PM

Lee wrote:

> Hi, Rick. PCR and I have confirmed that each machine gets it's own
> unique set of temporary numbered file names so going by that alone is
> not a good idea. You will get a different run of numbers if you were

Hi Lee. My reference to those tmp files were not for him to do
anything with them but only talking outloud that is what/where the new ones
are drawn from during the restart process. I realize that they could be
any similar named numerical tmp file. Again though it was not for him to
do anything with them.

> to run the update a second time as well. If Patreply wanted to
> investigate the issue in DOS mode he well might find the temporary
> named shlwapi.dll alive and well and just needing some renaming in his
> Windows\System folder. The clue would be held in the Wininit.bak file,

I did not pull that info from the wininit file but easier was observing
them live via tracking before a reboot, which at that point I saw the
wininit.ini file in c:\windows but didn't bother to look at it since better
was to watch the actual file placement before reboot is more telling for me
when I could touch the actual tmp or any other files live.

> so in DOS Patreply could do:
> type c:\windows\wininit.bak
> and read the line that corresponds to shlwapi.dll file and deduce the

....? ..but he can't boot up ..so you would have to explain to him to copy
the wininit.bak file out from there and open it in another computers
notepad and then explaining even more from there - all of which might be
stretching this too far for an average poster and much simpler in this case
to just have him place the shlwapi.dll file like he has already done.

> temporary file name from that same line. Then:
> ren c:\windows\System\set1186.tmp shlwapi.dll

If you extract this particular IE6.0sp1-KB896727-Windows-98-ME-x86-ENU.exe
install file, all those listed files are there in full tact anyway and the
tmp/reboot/rename trick is just to get them in place beforehand without
conflict.

> and then a reboot might be all he needs to get going right away? Of\

I suppose if it was just a shlwapi.dll issue and everything else is intact
then yes by manually inserting the new shlwapi.dll to let him re/boot (if
he hasn't yet) so the install could finish may be a winner; but he has more
variables now with what he's done.

> course, in the example above 'set1186.tmp' would need to be changed for
> whatever name that Patreply's own wininit.bak file states the temp name
> to be.

...again for the average poster is 'may be' ? asking too much.

> Then reapply the update to be sure that all files got copied to where
> they need to live at and the registry is brought up to speed as well, I
> agree there hands down. He can get the stand alone, offline version
> from the Catalog site,
> http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/
>
> Shlwapi.dll seems to be the only file to do this for some unknown
> reason. Shlwapi.dll is needed to run 32 bit processes which includes
> Windows and running of the update itself so the above DOS 'cheat' or a
> second machine to use to put the shlwapi.dll on a floppy for DOS
> transfer that way are the only ways back to life.

He did do that but also he got sidetracked deeper foolin with what he said
he did: "Article ID: 293174 fix....when rebooting after shell=program.exe"
...and then where glee chided him to have read that article correctly and
put it back, and so I reminded him to change it back also - which he needs
to that first above all else before proceeding this way.

> Reinstalling Windows is all that is left to do with such a machine?

As I always say that any Partition Image Backup ability is so simple and so
far reaching in it's individual or total restore ability, allowing for
total backup/restore control and safety - it's really the only way to go
and makes all this childs play really.

Rick

> When people try the progman or winfile solution on this one they often
> get misleading 'out of memory' error reports trying to run ie6setup.exe
> which is yet another 32 bit process that will not run without a working
> shlwapi.dll file. An older version of shlwapi.dll will work here but
> sometimes lead to unique errors that should go away once the correct
> versioned file is in place. My fear is that once a machine is back
> running with an older file, the user will NOT take a chance and rerun
> the update as he very much should. Still wondering why shlwapi.dll
> goes missing like this from time to time...
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 9:25:35 PM

Rick Chauvin wrote:
> > Were you replying to me? Please include previous message(s) in your
> > replies to the newsgroup.
> >
> > Is the machine in question running Win98? (Looks like you copied a
> > WinXP file into Win98: Not a good idea.)
> > --
> > Patreply wrote:
> > > Error in posting!
> > >
> > > shlwapi.dll=6.00.2800.1612 (xpsp2.041207-1145)
>
> Robear, as I mentioned in my reply to you with my copy/paste of the file
> info from it's properties, that's exactly what the file says from the W98
> install - check your files properties to see it yourself:
>
> shlwapi.dll=6.00.2800.1612 (xpsp2.041207-1145)

<whew> Thanks for that.
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 1:44:34 AM

PA Bear wrote:

[...]

>> shlwapi.dll=6.00.2800.1612 (xpsp2.041207-1145)
>
> <whew> Thanks for that.

There are about 5 out of the lot of files replaced that have that extra
(xpsp2.different numbers) at the end of their file versions like that.

Rick
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 3:19:27 AM

"Rick Chauvin" <justask@nospamz.com> wrote in message
news:o RG9w1soFHA.1872@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
| PA Bear wrote:
|
| [...]
|
| >> shlwapi.dll=6.00.2800.1612 (xpsp2.041207-1145)
| >
| > <whew> Thanks for that.
|
| There are about 5 out of the lot of files replaced that have that
extra
| (xpsp2.different numbers) at the end of their file versions like that.
|
| Rick

Looks like XP-poisoning to me! Mine is the original one you posted...
6.00.2800.1692 (xpsp2.050524-1552)
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 4:09:18 AM

And you thought you'd remain immune to XPradiation. <bwaa-ha-ha-ha>

PCR wrote:
> Looks like XP-poisoning to me! Mine is the original one you posted...
> 6.00.2800.1692 (xpsp2.050524-1552)
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 5:38:45 PM

I walked by-- even sat at-- my nephew's home-built XP-machine with a
cordless mouse/keyboard-- till my butt burnt! NOW, my pinky toes have
turned purple & certain files have "XP" in their Properties! Please
begin to work IMMEDIATELY on a cure-- by your MVP oath, PA!

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
| And you thought you'd remain immune to XPradiation. <bwaa-ha-ha-ha>
|
| PCR wrote:
| > Looks like XP-poisoning to me! Mine is the original one you
posted...
| > 6.00.2800.1692 (xpsp2.050524-1552)
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 5:38:46 PM

There *is* no cure! You have been irradiated and you *will* upgrade. It's
the only solution. Or you'll fade into oblivion...

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS-MVP Shell/User

>I walked by-- even sat at-- my nephew's home-built XP-machine with a
> cordless mouse/keyboard-- till my butt burnt! NOW, my pinky toes have
> turned purple & certain files have "XP" in their Properties! Please
> begin to work IMMEDIATELY on a cure-- by your MVP oath, PA!
>

> --
> Thanks or Good Luck,
> There may be humor in this post, and,
> Naturally, you will not sue,
> should things get worse after this,
> PCR
> pcrrcp@netzero.net
> | And you thought you'd remain immune to XPradiation. <bwaa-ha-ha-ha>
> |
> | PCR wrote:
> | > Looks like XP-poisoning to me! Mine is the original one you
> posted...
> | > 6.00.2800.1692 (xpsp2.050524-1552)

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 6:44:30 PM

Oh, my God! What a world, what a world, what a world!

--
| There *is* no cure! You have been irradiated and you *will* upgrade.
It's
| the only solution. Or you'll fade into oblivion...
|
| --
| Gary S. Terhune
| MS-MVP Shell/User

| >I walked by-- even sat at-- my nephew's home-built XP-machine with a
| > cordless mouse/keyboard-- till my butt burnt! NOW, my pinky toes
have
| > turned purple & certain files have "XP" in their Properties! Please
| > begin to work IMMEDIATELY on a cure-- by your MVP oath, PA!
| >

| > --
| > Thanks or Good Luck,
| > There may be humor in this post, and,
| > Naturally, you will not sue,
| > should things get worse after this,
| > PCR
| > pcrrcp@netzero.net
| > "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
| > | And you thought you'd remain immune to XPradiation.
<bwaa-ha-ha-ha>
| > |
| > posted...

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 10:35:39 PM

But look on the bright side - you WILL be secure. You WILL be happy. Your
children WILL have more fingers and toes than you do and may even bless you
for it.

<VBSEG>

> Oh, my God! What a world, what a world, what a world!
>
> --
> Thanks or Good Luck,
> There may be humor in this post, and,
> Naturally, you will not sue,
> should things get worse after this,
> PCR
> pcrrcp@netzero.net
> | There *is* no cure! You have been irradiated and you *will* upgrade.
> It's
> | the only solution. Or you'll fade into oblivion...
> |
> | --
> | Gary S. Terhune
> | MS-MVP Shell/User
> |
> | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
> | >I walked by-- even sat at-- my nephew's home-built XP-machine with a
> | > cordless mouse/keyboard-- till my butt burnt! NOW, my pinky toes
> have
> | > turned purple & certain files have "XP" in their Properties! Please
> | > begin to work IMMEDIATELY on a cure-- by your MVP oath, PA!
> | >

> | > --
> | > Thanks or Good Luck,
> | > There may be humor in this post, and,
> | > Naturally, you will not sue,
> | > should things get worse after this,
> | > PCR
> | > pcrrcp@netzero.net
> | > "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> <bwaa-ha-ha-ha>
> | > |
> | > posted...

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 11:18:41 PM

Burning butt & purple pinky toes is all I need to know of XP! I'll
continue my vigil for Longhorn/Vista/whatever for now, & don't go
mean-mouthing it!

--
| But look on the bright side - you WILL be secure. You WILL be happy.
Your
| children WILL have more fingers and toes than you do and may even
bless you
| for it.
|
| <VBSEG>
|
| --
| Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
| * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
| * for the benefit of all. Private mail is usually not replied to.
| * My website, such as it is ... http://rgharper.mvps.org/
| * HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

| > Oh, my God! What a world, what a world, what a world!
| >
| > --
| > Thanks or Good Luck,
| > There may be humor in this post, and,
| > Naturally, you will not sue,
| > should things get worse after this,
| > PCR
| > pcrrcp@netzero.net
| > "Gary S. Terhune" <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote in message
| > | There *is* no cure! You have been irradiated and you *will*
upgrade.
| > It's
| > | the only solution. Or you'll fade into oblivion...
| > |
| > | --
| > | Gary S. Terhune
| > | MS-MVP Shell/User
| > |
| > | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
| > have
Please

| > <bwaa-ha-ha-ha>
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

Anonymous
August 20, 2005 1:56:42 AM

What they said.

PCR wrote:
> I walked by-- even sat at-- my nephew's home-built XP-machine with a
> cordless mouse/keyboard-- till my butt burnt! NOW, my pinky toes have
> turned purple & certain files have "XP" in their Properties! Please
> begin to work IMMEDIATELY on a cure-- by your MVP oath, PA!
>
> > And you thought you'd remain immune to XPradiation. <bwaa-ha-ha-ha>
> >
> > PCR wrote:
> > > Looks like XP-poisoning to me! Mine is the original one you posted...
> > > 6.00.2800.1692 (xpsp2.050524-1552)
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 4:20:21 AM

I heard all that already!