Q236934 Electrostatic Discharge Disables Devices Plugged I..

Q236934 states to update usbhub.sys to version 4.10.2223.
My PC has version 4.10.2227, but when I check the "product version" tab, it
says version 4.10.2222.
Why does it list two different versions for the file?
Is this the version to fix the Q236934?
If not, where can I get it? My PC seems to have this problem as described in
the article.
DB

You can find a link to USBHUB.SYS for Win98 SE build 4.10.2227 (an even
newer version) here:

http://www.mdgx.com/web.htm

Generally newer versions contain all previous updates.

PattyL

"bswarm" <bswarm@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Q236934 states to update usbhub.sys to version 4.10.2223.
> My PC has version 4.10.2227, but when I check the "product version" tab,
> it
> says version 4.10.2222.
> Why does it list two different versions for the file?
> Is this the version to fix the Q236934?
> If not, where can I get it? My PC seems to have this problem as described
> in
> the article.
> DB

Believe you're trying to discern the product (98SE/OS) version, and somthing
else, a file version (usbhub.sys). This are two different animals.

Its normal for an updated file to indicate a higher number version number
than the file it replaced.