Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

error message on my computer

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 10:11:13 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

When i click on my computer i get the following message

EXPLORER caused an invalid page fault in
module JAVACQ.DLL at 0187:03a415da.
Registers:
EAX=00000000 CS=0187 EIP=03a415da EFLGS=00010246
EBX=00000000 SS=018f ESP=076eb0f0 EBP=076eb158
ECX=0406e934 DS=018f ESI=00000824 FS=543f
EDX=0406e92c ES=018f EDI=0071a010 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
39 98 9c 08 00 00 74 36 68 28 45 a5 03 8d 4d d8
Stack dump:
0071a010 00000824 70a744fa 03a545b8 03a545b0 03a545a8 03a545a0 03a54598
03a54590 03a54588 03a54580 03a54578 03a5456c 03a54560 03a54554 03a54548

More about : error message computer

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 2:15:48 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

Are you sure the error is in JAVACQ.DLL, not JAVACQ.EXE?
I find no reference to javacq.dll, but do find javacq.exe listed as adware:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&c2coff=...

Suggest:
Update your anti-virus app and then run a full-system virus scan.

Use CWShredder, the CoolWeb removal tool, available here:
http://aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.exe
Close all browser windows and open apps, start CWShredder and click the Fix button.

In addition, install Ad-Aware SE free Personal Edition, start it, click its 'Check
for Updates' link in the app to install updates, then use it to scan your system,
and remove what it finds.
Ad-Aware:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download506.html

Install SpywareBlaster:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download2859.html
Click the link in the app to check for and install updates, then click to 'Enable
all protection'.
Update at least weekly.

If problems persist, download, unzip, and run Hijack This from one of these
locations:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html
http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads/tools/HijackThis.e...
Unzip to a folder other than your Desktop or the Temp folder, doubleclick
HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log"
button.
Press that, save the log somewhere you can find it (Desktop, My Documents, or
similar).
Most of what it lists will be harmless or even required, so do NOT fix anything yet.

Copy the log files and paste them into a new post at ONE of these forums:
http://forum.aumha.org/viewforum.php?f=30
http://forums.spywareinfo.com/,
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html

In your post, please state your problem clearly and what you've done so far to fix
it.

The folks there will tell you what to remove.

See the "housekeeping" you should complete before you post your log:
http://aumha.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4075

A tutorial for using Hijack This is located here:
http://tomcoyote.com/hjt/
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm


http://cwshredder.net/cwshredder/cwschronicles.html
"tintersniffer" <tintersniffer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4E0DA2E7-2885-423F-9B73-EC4FB232C024@microsoft.com...
> When i click on my computer i get the following message
>
> EXPLORER caused an invalid page fault in
> module JAVACQ.DLL at 0187:03a415da.
> Registers:
> EAX=00000000 CS=0187 EIP=03a415da EFLGS=00010246
> EBX=00000000 SS=018f ESP=076eb0f0 EBP=076eb158
> ECX=0406e934 DS=018f ESI=00000824 FS=543f
> EDX=0406e92c ES=018f EDI=0071a010 GS=0000
> Bytes at CS:EIP:
> 39 98 9c 08 00 00 74 36 68 28 45 a5 03 8d 4d d8
> Stack dump:
> 0071a010 00000824 70a744fa 03a545b8 03a545b0 03a545a8 03a545a0 03a54598
> 03a54590 03a54588 03a54580 03a54578 03a5456c 03a54560 03a54554 03a54548
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 11:52:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

"glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> wrote in message
news:uRzqPigoFHA.3068@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Are you sure the error is in JAVACQ.DLL, not JAVACQ.EXE?
> I find no reference to javacq.dll, but do find javacq.exe listed as adware:
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&c2coff=...

It may be part of the same devil. I see it in about:buster "removed data
stream" logs.


--

Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
Conflicts start where information lacks.
http://basconotw.mvps.org/

Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
Related resources
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 2:24:18 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

"Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
news:o xBdhXsoFHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> wrote in message
> news:uRzqPigoFHA.3068@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > Are you sure the error is in JAVACQ.DLL, not JAVACQ.EXE?
> > I find no reference to javacq.dll, but do find javacq.exe listed as adware:
> > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&c2coff=...
>
> It may be part of the same devil. I see it in about:buster "removed data
> stream" logs.

Alright, thanks Brian.
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 6:21:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

Hey thanks guys you are all stars for the time and effort you have taken in
helping me out. I will let you know the outcome when I have time. I work away
alot. Once again THANKYOU!!!!

"glee" wrote:

> "Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
> news:o xBdhXsoFHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> wrote in message
> > news:uRzqPigoFHA.3068@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > > Are you sure the error is in JAVACQ.DLL, not JAVACQ.EXE?
> > > I find no reference to javacq.dll, but do find javacq.exe listed as adware:
> > > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&c2coff=...
> >
> > It may be part of the same devil. I see it in about:buster "removed data
> > stream" logs.
>
> Alright, thanks Brian.
>
>
!