Compaq easy access keyboard with Win98SE

Sorry for the slightly off topic subject.
I currently have a rather old PC (non Compaq) which runs Win 98SE. I have
recently acquired Compaq easy access keyboard which is very much nicer than
the keyboard I currently use. I was hoping that I would be able to use the 8
"easy access" buttons on the top of the keyboard for opening URLs or
applications as programmed by the drivers for the keyboard.

I downloaded the drivers from
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/deskpro/us/download/13575.html
(Compaq is now run by HP).
However, it would appear that the drivers do not work with my PC.
Could this be because the drivers only work with a Compaq PC?
The reason I ask is because during the installation process, it asks which
type of Compaq PC I have.

Does any kind soul know if there is a way to get this working?

Thanks

Martin C wrote:
> Sorry for the slightly off topic subject.
> I currently have a rather old PC (non Compaq) which runs Win 98SE. I
> have recently acquired Compaq easy access keyboard which is very much
> nicer than the keyboard I currently use. I was hoping that I would be
> able to use the 8 "easy access" buttons on the top of the keyboard
> for opening URLs or applications as programmed by the drivers for the
> keyboard.
>
> I downloaded the drivers from
> http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/deskpro/us/download/13575.html
> (Compaq is now run by HP).
> However, it would appear that the drivers do not work with my PC.
> Could this be because the drivers only work with a Compaq PC?
> The reason I ask is because during the installation process, it asks
> which type of Compaq PC I have.
>
> Does any kind soul know if there is a way to get this working?

Nope but if you can't here's one for $10. Nice KB (small), I use it but
not the hot keys.
http://www.surpluscomputers.com/store/main.aspx?p=ItemDetail&item=ACC108

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...