Windows critical update 896727 causes conflict with nVidia..

Hello,

Yesterday I installed the 896727 update. Antivirus was in the snooze mode.
Firewall was on. It installed and asked to reboot the system. It rebooted in
the safe mode and and message apeared saying that there was a conflict with
nVidia drivers press ok to check the properties. In safe mode I checked the
Device Manager and nVidia driver had yellow question mark beside it. I went
to add/remove and immediatley removed the update entry. Then it rebooted ok.
I ran system file checker and noticed 7 or 8 files were updated. I assume
the did get updated but had to uninstal the entry in the add/remove. Went to
Windows Update site again and it showed the update available. Not going to
instal again!

Anyone had this problem?
Thanks
Mian

> Yesterday I installed the 896727 update. Antivirus was in the snooze mode.
> Firewall was on. It installed and asked to reboot the system. It rebooted
in
> the safe mode and and message apeared saying that there was a conflict
with
> nVidia drivers press ok to check the properties. In safe mode I checked
the
> Device Manager and nVidia driver had yellow question mark beside it. I
went
> to add/remove and immediatley removed the update entry. Then it rebooted
ok.
> I ran system file checker and noticed 7 or 8 files were updated. I assume
> the did get updated but had to uninstal the entry in the add/remove. Went
> Windows Update site again and it showed the update available. Not going to
> instal again!

The only update problem I ever had was a short while ago. After the patch
was installed - Windows wouldn't boot. I had to use a Safe Mode combo to get
into Windows. Nothing worked - so I reinstalled Windows and now am running
fine with the patch in. It's kinda drastic though.